What to do with noisy neighbors

johnthompson

I had an neighbor that thought he was above everybody else. I set out to irritate the crap outa him and his hideous wife and videoed all their many indiscretions. Being the mindless idiots that they are they were too stupid to know what I was doing and blindly continued to behave like a family of apes. When they were again caught out doing something illegal I made sure the entire mooban knew what they did. Now they are so quiet I hardly know that they are there.

Pervy cam, nice!

Do you climb ladders and stuff to get footage when their upstairs ?

<deleted> as big as my neighbor are so ignorant that they misbehave in broad daylight in front if anyone nearby. Not difficult to press a button on a phone and record their indiscretions in HD. Stupid is as stupid does, or is it Thainess?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit surprised at some of the comments towards the OP. WHAT HE is experiencing is at the extreme end of the scale.

So what if it's a kid, doesn't make it right.

Why do people with kids think that others should just put up and shut up with their kids.

As for Richard Smith, I've ridden in Business Class with kids, they were well behaved and well trained/rounded individuals and I'd expect nothing less in that part of the plane.

If there was a kid playing up in Business Class, either he/her and his folks wouldbe southbound to economy or I'd be movin north into First, care of the airline. simple really and it does happen.

Everyone in that apartment building has the right to quite time without that sort of circus going on. Pity so many think they've got the right to negatively impact on others.

What the Op is dealing with certainly is disturbing - I wouldn't go as far and suggest its the extreme end of the scale (although I'm not living there!). I also suspect the Ops reaction which appears a little aggressive has not helped the situation, he may have alienated those who would otherwise assist in attempting to achieve a positive outcome.

I don't think any decent parent believes others should put up with their kids, but I do expect others to recognise that sometimes kids are just kids. There needs to be a healthy understanding from both sides. There are unreasonable levels of disturbance (such as that experienced by the Op) and there are those who are simply intolerant of kids.

Regarding flights etc, your points (Neverdie) are completely valid - the priority of any conscientious parent beyond the welfare of their child should be the lack of disturbance to others. Thus on a flight or when in the proximity of others in an otherwise peaceful environment the best efforts should be made not to disturb others. That said, this is not always 100% attainable: The last flight I took, my infant son woke a couple of times for a feed, we fed him as quickly as possible, his crying may have momentarily disturbed others. At one point in the flight I had to take him into the Kitchen area and hold him for an hour while he settled.

Some have suggested that children should not be on flights - I disagree and find these people unbalanced and intolerant.

I have experienced occasions when my Son has been unwell and inconsolable, he cried in our Condo for a period of time warranting a visit to a hospital, this may have disturbed others at times. He will also cry at least once per-day for some reason or other, he's a baby, they cry! Some have suggested that children and families should not live in a Condo building - I disagree and find these people unbalanced and intolerant.

Some have also suggested that some parents are careless, they don't control their children, they don't console and nurse their crying child - I agree that this type of parent is perhaps careless and may require some level of outside assistance, intervention and / or education.

Contributing factors here appear to be some careless parenting.

Careless parenting will lead to a whole cacophony of disturbances and future issues later on in life... even such issues as a high degree of intolerance of others.

On handling the situation better: The Condo opposite ours bought my son a little present a few months after his birth - these were a family we hadn't really spoken with before (just hello's in the corridor / lift etc).. certainly when my son was crying our attention also directed to ensuring we didn't disturb those nice people across from us...

I'm a bit surprised at some of the comments towards the OP. WHAT HE is experiencing is at the extreme end of the scale.

Why do people with kids think that others should just put up and shut up with their kids.

As for Richard Smith, I've ridden in Business Class with kids, they were well behaved and well trained/rounded individuals and I'd expect nothing less in that part of the plane.

If there was a kid playing up in Business Class, either he/her and his folks wouldbe southbound to economy or I'd be movin north into First, care of the airline. simple really and it does happen.

Everyone in that apartment building has the right to quite time without that sort of circus going on. Pity so many think they've got the right to negatively impact on others.

Where in what universe pray tell is the OP is at the "extreme" end of the scale? We are in Asia, Bangkok alone nearly has the population of Australia so you have to interact with those around you. On a side note I have many friends work for Qantas and if their kids played up there would be no way they would be moved to economy more BS. Lets remember we are talking about CHILDREN but I guess from your response you have never had the joy of a family and all the ups and downs that come with having them. Why is it a circus? Do you know to what degree the child is causing mayhem? Nothing worse than an ill informed prejudiced poster especially in regards to children for F@#*$ sake but you were always a composed well mannered baby when you were a child yeah?

When I pay £2500 for a business ticket Ill make more noise than any squawking kids if they keep me awake MUCH MORE.

Many already do make more noise with their loud snoring - Perhaps those loud-snorers should also be prevented from flying ?

On the last flight - My Wife and I were both complimented by the couple behind us on the efforts we made to ensure the disturbance caused by our son was minimal. On the very same flight a sour-faced looking couple gave us an awful look one embarkation and disembarkation, they'd already made up their minds towards us (travelling with a child)... some people are overly intolerant...

If you look for something negative you will find it anywhere, if you look for the positive, thats also all around you... maintaining a healthy balance and outlook is best.

IF a child disturbs you on a flight I very much doubt that making more noise is going to win you any friends of those around you. However, if you recognise the efforts a parent makes in controlling and controlling their child your frustrations may well diminish...

Where in what universe pray tell is the OP is at the "extreme" end of the scale? We are in Asia, Bangkok alone nearly has the population of Australia so you have to interact with those around you. On a side note I have many friends work for Qantas and if their kids played up there would be no way they would be moved to economy more BS. Lets remember we are talking about CHILDREN but I guess from your response you have never had the joy of a family and all the ups and downs that come with having them. Why is it a circus? Do you know to what degree the child is causing mayhem? Nothing worse than an ill informed prejudiced poster especially in regards to children for F@#*$ sake but you were always a composed well mannered baby when you were a child yeah?

When I pay £2500 for a business ticket Ill make more noise than any squawking kids if they keep me awake MUCH MORE.

Many already do make more noise with their loud snoring - Perhaps those loud-snorers should also be prevented from flying ?

On the last flight - My Wife and I were both complimented by the couple behind us on the efforts we made to ensure the disturbance caused by our son was minimal. On the very same flight a sour-faced looking couple gave us an awful look one embarkation and disembarkation, they'd already made up their minds towards us (travelling with a child)... some people are overly intolerant...

If you look for something negative you will find it anywhere, if you look for the positive, thats also all around you... maintaining a healthy balance and outlook is best.

IF a child disturbs you on a flight I very much doubt that making more noise is going to win you any friends of those around you. However, if you recognise the efforts a parent makes in controlling and controlling their child your frustrations may well diminish...

Like the parents who dont give a f*** neither would I even if the whole plane new about it, If I want a racket Ill travel in economy.

You people with kids think the whole world should bend over backwards to accommodate YOUR offspring........no I havent got any SO WHAT

We arent talking about "occasional" crying, we arent freakin stupid, we are talking about kids who BAWL all day as their parents are too idle to do anything about it instead dump them in front of a tv or i pad, and from how I see locals handle their kids with almost ZERO care I can see why the Op is complaining.

All I see locally is kids way behind their parents wandering onto roads, when I was kid you held Dads hand and in fact the first thing I remember when I was out was Dad saying "hand", ditto in shops "look but dont touch" Todays motto is "do what u want"

• Like 2

What the Op is dealing with certainly is disturbing - I wouldn't go as far and suggest its the extreme end of the scale (although I'm not living there!). I also suspect the Ops reaction which appears a little aggressive has not helped the situation, he may have alienated those who would otherwise assist in attempting to achieve a positive outcome.

I don't think any decent parent believes others should put up with their kids, but I do expect others to recognise that sometimes kids are just kids. There needs to be a healthy understanding from both sides. There are unreasonable levels of disturbance (such as that experienced by the Op) and there are those who are simply intolerant of kids.

Regarding flights etc, your points (Neverdie) are completely valid - the priority of any conscientious parent beyond the welfare of their child should be the lack of disturbance to others. Thus on a flight or when in the proximity of others in an otherwise peaceful environment the best efforts should be made not to disturb others. That said, this is not always 100% attainable: The last flight I took, my infant son woke a couple of times for a feed, we fed him as quickly as possible, his crying may have momentarily disturbed others. At one point in the flight I had to take him into the Kitchen area and hold him for an hour while he settled.

Some have suggested that children should not be on flights - I disagree and find these people unbalanced and intolerant.

I have experienced occasions when my Son has been unwell and inconsolable, he cried in our Condo for a period of time warranting a visit to a hospital, this may have disturbed others at times. He will also cry at least once per-day for some reason or other, he's a baby, they cry! Some have suggested that children and families should not live in a Condo building - I disagree and find these people unbalanced and intolerant.

Some have also suggested that some parents are careless, they don't control their children, they don't console and nurse their crying child - I agree that this type of parent is perhaps careless and may require some level of outside assistance, intervention and / or education.

Contributing factors here appear to be some careless parenting.

Careless parenting will lead to a whole cacophony of disturbances and future issues later on in life... even such issues as a high degree of intolerance of others.

On handling the situation better: The Condo opposite ours bought my son a little present a few months after his birth - these were a family we hadn't really spoken with before (just hello's in the corridor / lift etc).. certainly when my son was crying our attention also directed to ensuring we didn't disturb those nice people across from us...

Richard,

I can't disagree with anything you've said, seems all fair to me. I have only once seen one misbehaving child in Business class (what you describe with ur child does NOT qualify as a behaviour issue, cripes, that's normal human things and completely tolerable).

The time I did see it, I was on EK flight and my sheer displeasure at the situation was obvious when I entered the galley to complain. As I entered, the Kiwi flight attendant spoke first, she said, "Sir, we were just about to ask you if you'd like to move up to first, however, your meal will remain your business meal". I smiled and said, "Sounds good to me".. All the other 3 Business class passengers (leaving just the brat and his family) were moved to first. There was only 1 paying passenger sitting up there, so it was no big deal.

I had travelled up front before, no big deal, I only wanted rest on my 14 hour flight through several time zones.

Pity not all parents are like you Richard.

Maybe the OP, has had several 'negative' incidents renting in LOS ( wouldn't be hard ) & he's off into this situation with a bad taste in his mouth already.

He could always hook up with the lady and send the child off to bording school ;)

I had an neighbor that thought he was above everybody else. I set out to irritate the crap outa him and his hideous wife and videoed all their many indiscretions. Being the mindless idiots that they are they were too stupid to know what I was doing and blindly continued to behave like a family of apes. When they were again caught out doing something illegal I made sure the entire mooban knew what they did. Now they are so quiet I hardly know that they are there.

Pervy cam, nice!

<deleted> as big as my neighbor are so ignorant that they misbehave in broad daylight in front if anyone nearby. Not difficult to press a button on a phone and record their indiscretions in HD. Stupid is as stupid does, or is it Thainess?

He sounds like a Pratt.

I just had visions of you in a tree with night vision goggles, shooting In full HD. I'm glad I don't really have neighbours, just people occasionally passing by and they don't do that too often as the part of the soi leading to the house is private. :). (it's not actually the soi)

I can't remember where I read it a few years ago, but I know it was a BA flight Singapore-Heathrow where a similar scenario happened

A guy in BC did just that, p!ssed off that he'd been kept awake to the point of "can't sleep now because I'm so wound up by the little brat" he waited until in the sh!tty parents decided it was time for THEM to sleep and took revenge by shouting in their ears and kept them awake.

I've also also said that babies should not be allowed on planes what so ever, well, not until they've learnt to clear their ears (diver style) anyway.

Not only do I thing it's selfish towards the other PAYING passengers... But the poor little child hasn't got a clue what's going on with its ears and screams like buggery from the pain during decompression/recompression... BOTH parents need a good clout around the head for making their beloved baby suffer like this JUST BECAUSE they want a holiday!!!

Verging on child abuse if you ask me...

Now THAT'S a classic example of selfish parents! As if the baby can enjoy and appreciated the holiday

A rather silly comment. In 40 years of flying I have never heard anyone snore at anything approaching the volume of a screaming child, and I doubt that you have either.

If there was such a person then he/she should indeed be prevented from flying, or perhaps just woken up at which point the noise would of course stop.

What you still fail to understand is that no one should be making excessive and pointless noise near other people, regardless of the reason. Those who cannot restrain themselves (or be restrained) from making excessive noise should not be permitted to remain near other people.

A lesson by the grammar police has been removed. Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to understand. However English is not always the first language of our members so don't waste space correcting other members' grammar and spelling where it isn't necessary. Please consult guidelines for posting here: http://www.thaivisa....te-t254949.html

• Like 1

Pervy cam, nice!

He sounds like a Pratt.

I just had visions of you in a tree with night vision goggles, shooting In full HD. I'm glad I don't really have neighbours, just people occasionally passing by and they don't do that too often as the part of the soi leading to the house is private. smile.png. (it's not actually the soi)

The stories I could tell. Initially, of course, my wife thought I was being impolite and completely backed these idiots until she had her run in with them, copping the ugliest abuse (all on video). To say that these simians have no class is like saying the sun is hot. Foul, uncouth, cud chewing, swaggering, fat, squinty-eyed, bellowing, drunken....and these are their good points. As an example, this &lt;deleted&gt; drove home drunk and (for the 2nd time) crashed into our stationary car in the middle of the night. His excuse was that he was drunk (retard) and that we 'moved' the car (whatever that means). When the police and the insurance guy arrived he threatened to beat the shit out of the insurance guy (a very hard looking muay Thai looking guy) that gave him a big 'come over and try signal', all in front of a useless copper that advised us that we should shake hands and try to get along.

He sounds like a Pratt.

I just had visions of you in a tree with night vision goggles, shooting In full HD. I'm glad I don't really have neighbours, just people occasionally passing by and they don't do that too often as the part of the soi leading to the house is private. smile.png. (it's not actually the soi)

The stories I could tell. Initially, of course, my wife thought I was being impolite and completely backed these idiots until she had her run in with them, copping the ugliest abuse (all on video). To say that these simians have no class is like saying the sun is hot. Foul, uncouth, cud chewing, swaggering, fat, squinty-eyed, bellowing, drunken....and these are their good points. As an example, this <deleted> drove home drunk and (for the 2nd time) crashed into our stationary car in the middle of the night. His excuse was that he was drunk (retard) and that we 'moved' the car (whatever that means). When the police and the insurance guy arrived he threatened to beat the shit out of the insurance guy (a very hard looking muay Thai looking guy) that gave him a big 'come over and try signal', all in front of a useless copper that advised us that we should shake hands and try to get along.

I've never had the pleasure or displeasure of living near a farang, with the exception of a rental I took once, however he was fly in, fly out and our paths only crossed occasionally at the pool or Fitness centre, he was okay.

I have however seen some real tosses get about the place, however being technologically retarded, I've never thought about recording anyone.

I can't say I have ever seen anyone film me either.....I've heard a few chuckles, but that's about it ;)

A rather silly comment. In 40 years of flying I have never heard anyone snore at anything approaching the volume of a screaming child, and I doubt that you have either.

If there was such a person then he/she should indeed be prevented from flying, or perhaps just woken up at which point the noise would of course stop.

What you still fail to understand is that no one should be making excessive and pointless noise near other people, regardless of the reason. Those who cannot restrain themselves (or be restrained) from making excessive noise should not be permitted to remain near other people.

Valid point - Although I have been 'disturbed' by loud snorers in the past, its nothing a pair of noise cancelling headphones can't mask. A baby's scream is louder and more difficult to mask.

I wouldn't suggest that a baby's cry is pointless.... Its unavoidable in many cases and rarely is it excessive to someone with a healthy outlook.

No parent would 'restrain' their infant child from crying, they may comfort and nurse their child, I suspect your choice of wording there is a little unfortunate.

I suspect we are discussing cross purposes - you seem to be discussing anti-social people who deliberately make noise without any regard for others around them - I agree that these people should be 'handled'...

We have also been discussing babies and normal families whom you appear to believe should be silent at all times otherwise they shouldn't be permitted to remain near other people... I can't see how any normal or mentally stable person would suggest that a family with a child not be permitted to remain near other people... Are you sure this is what you mean ?

I'm sure he means irresponsible/bad/sh!te parents should get that treatment...

I remember when I first went to Isaan and saw how well behaved the ex wife's 10ish nieces and nephews were... They had bugger all but made the most out of everything and keeping quiet at the same time... Even when they played the "throw the thong/flip flop game"...

I also remember my Aussie work mate that's lived in Korat for well over 20 years, meeting his wife n kids (son 6 & daughter 9) they were the most well behaved children I had ever come across in my life!

So rich or poor has NOTHING to do with it

It all about the parents and there's nobody to blame but the parents...

Noisy kids and their shocking parents can easily get thrown out of a restaurant and still have to pay the bill, meal/drinks finished or not

And the same goes for the garden at pubs...

It's just a simple case of the parents aren't up to being parents.

Some people just talk Boll_ _ _ _ and its normally do gooders and people not willing to stand up for themselves. We all have rights one of which is to live a peaceful happy life.

Have you got endless money are you going to keep moving house all your life due to your neighbors bad behavior.

In my home country the government passed a law called ASBO to tackle this very issue of neighbors behaving badly and affecting the quality of life for others this includes their kids of any age.

In many cases it is not the kids fault it is the fault of the parents and in my home country they can be dealt with by the law.

Parents with screaming unruly brats should be held to account for their actions and the disturbance that they cause; why should we have to suffer their noise and bad behavior because the parents have not got the skills to control or pacify their kids of whatever age.

This can go on for years if nothing is done and saying sorry does not help the situation; history repeats itself over and over generation after generation.

Well, now I see your problem (aside from being an insular, intolerant person); You misunderstand ASBO, and you think because of it's existence that you have extra rights.

ASBO was never conceived to be used to quiet a crying baby, and would never be used so. If you think marginally criminal behaviour/ anti-social behaviour such as public defecation, exhibitionist public sex, and graffiti are in the same league as the involuntary crying of a baby, then you need to get therapy.

The problem with some low class people is that when the government gives them certain rights, with their low-class education and some bush lawyer mentality they try to extend those rights, sometimes to the ridiculous, It's their low class grasping nature...gimme gimme gimme.

greytown,

You need to do a bit of research before you make yourself look so stupid on public forum; ASBO was designed and implemented for this very reason of bad inadequate parenting where their kids are unreasonably disturbing others, obviously it's not the child’s fault and if you read the posts carefully you will realise we are saying it is the fault of the inadequate Parents for not controlling or pacifying their brats.

Why should we suffer the disturbance of these kids; action can and should be taken against the parents or encourage them to seek help with their issues, and ASBO has been used many times for this very purpose have a look at the published facts.

Low class people as you put it are normally the very people that we are complaining about.

We have also been discussing babies and normal families whom you appear to believe should be silent at all times otherwise they shouldn't be permitted to remain near other people... I can't see how any normal or mentally stable person would suggest that a family with a child not be permitted to remain near other people... Are you sure this is what you mean ?

I thought I was fairly clear.

No one should be allowed to make pointless or unnecessary noise that disturbs their neighbours. It doesn't matter if it is barking dogs, screaming kids, music, snoring, shouting, revving engines etc etc

Acceptable kinds of noise are (for example) building work at duly authorised times, normal cleaning noises during daytime etc. Optional noises are never acceptable, unless they take place in areas where no other people are being disturbed.

So anyone who wants to have screaming kids or barking dogs or loud music etc should just move to somewhere where the noise will not bother their neighbours, or where there are no neighbours to bother.

I thought I was fairly clear.

No one should be allowed to make pointless or unnecessary noise that disturbs their neighbours. It doesn't matter if it is barking dogs, screaming kids, music, snoring, shouting, revving engines etc etc

Acceptable kinds of noise are (for example) building work at duly authorised times, normal cleaning noises during daytime etc. Optional noises are never acceptable, unless they take place in areas where no other people are being disturbed.

So anyone who wants to have screaming kids or barking dogs or loud music etc should just move to somewhere where the noise will not bother their neighbours, or where there are no neighbours to bother.

There are no silent children, they play, fall and get hurt, giggle, call out to each other, scream in shock or excitement when playing, cry when sick, throw tantrums etc...

... Between 80 and 90% of the population have children...

Thus what you appear to be suggesting is that 80-90% of the population should, at the time they have children, live in a remote area so as not to disturb others.

Your hard line on this seems overwhelming lacking in tolerance of other human beings.....

There is a difference between unnecessary noise and unavoidable noise...

Unnecessary - reving engines, loud music etc.... / Unavoidable - A crying child, a giggling child, day time contraction etc...