Junta sorts out BKK, Now the Airport, Pattaya Next?

Basil B

Let's keep this discussion to items listed in the OP only. NO discussion of the merits of the coup nor criticism of the army. Plus, there are plenty of posts in the news forum for this.

We are still under posting restrictions due to the imposition of martial law. Here's our notice in the Thai News forum:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/729064-urgent-notice-to-members/

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup. Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum guidelines/rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Thaivisa Forum Admin

One post removed.

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup. Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum guidelines/rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Thaivisa Forum Admin

Confiscate cars / motor bikes driven / ridden in an illegal manner.

Issuing fines in a proportional way i.e. none of this 100 baht stuff.

Locking up the persistent ladyboys that commit day after day after day the same pickpocketing crimes.

This would give Pattaya an uplift in image for sure. And, would certainly offer more of a deterrent than currently exists.

The vast majority of tourists who get robbed, drugged by ladyboys,are the idiots who walk on beach side ofbeach rd, Why do they do it, oops to get a ladyboy back to loom or a beach rat for cheapness.

Confiscate cars / motor bikes driven / ridden in an illegal manner.

Issuing fines in a proportional way i.e. none of this 100 baht stuff.

Locking up the persistent ladyboys that commit day after day after day the same pickpocketing crimes.

This would give Pattaya an uplift in image for sure. And, would certainly offer more of a deterrent than currently exists.

The vast majority of tourists who get robbed, drugged by ladyboys,are the idiots who walk on beach side ofbeach rd, Why do they do it, oops to get a ladyboy back to loom or a beach rat for cheapness.

So, you say to walk on the beachroad is not safe and a idiotic act? Then Pattaya have a problem with those ladyboy's. You could also say, it's idiotic to take a ride with a baht bus, since there also pickpockets active.

Not every tourist reads regularly the local news. Thailand is known as the Land of Smile. For some tourists it turns to Land of Scam. Even when some tourist act stupid or careless, it's wrong to blame the tourists, since the problem is well known by the authorities. But to collect some ladyboys and charge them with 100 Baht is probably pointless.

Edited by alocacoc
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I also suggest that they put up cameras on every street corner ,have parking wardens ,speed traps ,much higher parking charges and traffic wardens to enforce it ,with clamping and towing away of cars,then they could have police patroling in cars to ensure that everyone who has a back light out gets fined , then double yellow lines everywhere and off course lots of health and saftey experts going around to make sur that everyone has been trained to climb a ladder or change a light bulb .

come to think of it why bother to live here ,we might as well go home.sad.png

speed traps cheesy.gif

would need the worlds' biggest hard-drive for all the footage

health and safety experts cheesy.gif trained in Thailand

Good post !!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I also suggest that they put up cameras on every street corner ,have parking wardens ,speed traps ,much higher parking charges and traffic wardens to enforce it ,with clamping and towing away of cars,then they could have police patroling in cars to ensure that everyone who has a back light out gets fined , then double yellow lines everywhere and off course lots of health and saftey experts going around to make sur that everyone has been trained to climb a ladder or change a light bulb .

come to think of it why bother to live here ,we might as well go home.sad.png

speed traps cheesy.gif

would need the worlds' biggest hard-drive for all the footage

health and safety experts cheesy.gif trained in Thailand

Good post !!

Thank you .

but it's a fact ,if we wanted all that shit we might as well stay in the west ,i came here for freedom from the lunacy that is grabbing the western world ,i thank God i was born before the lunatics took over the asylum.

• Like 2

There is sooooo much more that needs to be done in bkk.

1. Copy goods sold everywhere, in site of police on Sukhumvit.

2. Food carts and stands blocking sidewalks.

3. Motorbikes riding on sidewalks.

4. Lady boys all over the place selling their bodies or just causing problems.

And many things that are illegal but I like :)

Gogo and beer bars selling more than just drinks. But why stop a winner ....

• Like 1

Hmmm my take on issues you brought up:

• Baht Buses, total chaos (just normal chaos, not total), over charging (happened once in 6 years or so), only cover part of the city (private business goes where the money is, so can't fault them for that. Would prefer better coverage for sure), bad driving (better than average Thai however), overloaded (often).
  • Jetski operators (hard to do as police usually own part, but I go nowhere near those guys. Prefer paper cuts with lemon juice)
  • unsafe and over loaded speed boats. (see above)
  • bike and car rental companies monopolising on street parking. (agree)
  • street and other vendor obstructing the side walks. (less than Bangkok, but still does make for "adventures in walking")
  • annoying Indian tailors (never ever shake hands "Fish on line!" Best ignore and keep walking as I do)
  • taxis not using their meters (agree, tho I usually take baht bus)
  • riding against traffic and/or on sidewalk (club them down and set bikes afire good solution)

Be careful what you wish for, what if the list included the drinking bars, gogo bars (no off fees), WS, Soi Bua Kaao, etc.

They could erect a brick wall around WS tomorrow and I wouldnt miss it, and Buakhow is a mixed blessing for me, but I take your point. Let the wowsers in and you might as well move to Rayong - Patts would be just another provincial city on the coast.

Singapore was once an interesting and vibrant city with a great nightlife. The government decided to clean it all up. Years later they realized they had killed a valuable part of the city and made Singapore boring. So they began trying to recreate something of what they had destroyed but Singapore remains a tame and boring city. There is just no getting back soul and character once eradicated. If there is any attempt to clean up Pattaya then they had better be very careful they don't throw out the baby with the bath water because that will be the end of Pattaya forever. But never mind, I hear Cambodia is moving forward quickly and is far from the seedy playground for pedophiles that it used to be known as so perhaps that will be the destination to benefit from the juntas meddling.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by paddyjenkins

Make "no parking" on beach road between 3am to 6am each and every day, to clean out all of the rental bikes on beach road, at least temporarily.

Confiscate every meter taxi that refuses to use the meter for every customer.