Beer Lovers, Name Your Favourite Drop...

krisb

Nope butt maybe something wrong with the taste buds from people accross the channel.

Depends which side of the channel you're standing on then doesn't it.

There is no competition of who makes the best beer.

God created all beer equally, to be enjoyed by the masses.

Simple as that.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Now there is a guy that knows a thing or two about beers. Abbot ale is a great beer in moderation. How about Harveys best bitter:-

http://www.harveys.org.uk/beers/cask-ale

an excellent ale and one I first came across when I worked in Denmark. Yeah we had a couple of mad Brits that ran a bar and an import business and they imported real ale from the UK and Harveys really was my favourite smile.png

You mean they imported the bottled ale, or are you saying they imported real casks and had them on tap?
I work for a Danish company and visit Denmark a lot and and they prefer Belgian beer and have a lot of local good stuff from micro breweries compaired to some British dishwater.

There is a fine art to making a hoppy bitter below the 4% mark. 3.8% just perfect. Unlike the Belgium excuse for beer which is just a bunch of fruit and sugar leading to the 8%+ nonsense. When I drink a beer after some graft I like to have a few pints, not sip like a ponce on something which is neither really a beer or a wine.

Don't get me wrong, I used to drink the Belgium stuff when I was in my late teens and early 20s as it was pretty exciting to go to Belgium bars and taste as many beers as possible before falling off our bar stools. But as I got older and the pallet matured it was back to well kept high quality, subtle cask bitters.

• Like 2

Roadhouse BBQ on Rama IV has a good selection of American craft beers, including some in tap. Breweries like Deschutes, Rogue, Anderson Valley are well represented, and so are Japanese brewers like Baird and Hitachino.

Good suggestion. Must keep this in mind next time in Bangkok.

Roadhouse BBQ on Rama IV has a good selection of American craft beers, including some in tap. Breweries like Deschutes, Rogue, Anderson Valley are well represented, and so are Japanese brewers like Baird and Hitachino.

Sounds great. Just added it to our itiniary when in Bangkok next month on the 16th

Would be good to have a meet up for all the real ale fans of the board on an evening around that time

• 8 months later...