quality of the milk produced in Thailand

midas

I have read through all the posts, and have seen no reference to F&N Magnolia milk which I find the best tasting milk. It does not say fresh milk and you get get full fat and low fat varieties (pic). It is not available everywhere and I find it at Villa market and selected Big C's.
[attachment=278133:ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect
Thailand1407328430.301627.jpg]

I do find most other milks in Thailand to be sweetened, not sure if it's just my taste buds. Anyway Magnolia's best for my tea and cereals.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by laban

• 5 years later...

Hello.

I would like to bump this thread.

5 years later does anyone have any definite information about what brands of milk are made from powder?

Hokkaido milk.... is it grass fed/organic or just a fancy labeling?

Thanks 

On 6/21/2014 at 12:03 PM, Sandman77 said:

And how about milk powder products?
Lactasoy etc, dangerous for health when I drink every day 2 or 3 lactasoy?

Did you find yourself having painful finger joints ?

As a vegan soy milk is my only option, even managed to make yogurt, but I found I got painful finger joints if I drank too much.

• Confused 2

On 1/22/2020 at 10:24 AM, Pravda said:

Hello.

I would like to bump this thread.

5 years later does anyone have any definite information about what brands of milk are made from powder?

Hokkaido milk.... is it grass fed/organic or just a fancy labeling?

Thanks 

As of 2017 there were 365,000 dairy cattle in Thailand, producing just over 1 million tons of raw milk per year.

I've bought and drunk lots of powdered milk in my life and it has a distinctive taste and 'feel' on the tongue. None of the different locally-produced brands of milk taste even vaguely like powdered milk to me.

Dairy production in Thailand

3 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

As a vegan soy milk is my only option, even managed to make yogurt, but I found I got painful finger joints if I drank too much.

I had painful finger joints 'possibly' caused by soy in Lactosoy ( unsweetened ) which I drank 2 cartons daily.    When I gave up soymilk a few weeks later the joints were no longer painful.     I repeated the intake and again same problem with finger joints.

What about buffalo milk, many years ago (50+) a mainstay milk in India.

Excellent for making lassi.

Perhaps someone with an entrepreneurial spirit will open a coffee / tea shop that includes in its choice of healthy drinks, real coffee ( perhaps even weasel coffee from Vietnam ), yerba mate ( sorry can't place line above e ), lassi and bhang lassi.

I have/had no problem drinking any kind of real milk, yogurt, cheese etc back in the U.S.  And I have no milk related allergies.

But here, I used to use Foremost UHT milk on my morning cereal/granola, and it regularly used to upset my stomach. Stopped using the UHT milk, and no more stomach upset.

I do have an allergy to soy, however. So I ended up settling on a local brand of nut milk called 137 Degrees that's widely available in BKK. They have an unsweetened almond version, a sweetened almond version, and a Belgian chocolate version that's made from cashews and pistachios that's really good.  The latter is my choice for cereal and granola these days.

470529839_2020-01-2318_43_13.jpg.eacbd9e19b40bcae0c6c909edabc4074.jpg

1765492651_2020-01-2318_43_34.jpg.6c13266790910be40ecfdac8df2780ac.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

i have lactosoy most days in my porridge or i drink a 300ml carton, no side effects in fact i prefer it over normal dairy milk, i and a couple of friends have given up dairy milk recently because of ify stomach. Something in it not in dairy milk in UK