quality of the milk produced in Thailand

midas

But I read on the side make with milk powder

http://www.hoohing.com/news/Lactasoy.htm

"Lactasoy, the finest soybean drink brand from Thailand, is made from fresh whole non-genetically modified organic soybean. It has been processed using Ultra Heat Treatment (UHT), which means it can be preserved for up to 8 months without refrigeration whilst retaining the nutritious value from the soybean. Lactasoy is the best alternative to diary products for dairy-sensitive individuals, strict vegetarians, children who have lactose intolerance, health conscious individuals and families. No preservatives are added in Lactasoy. It is an excellent source of protein, B-Vitamins, iron and is the premium choice for a healthier life."

• 1 month later...

Many malls in BKK have small shops of Hokkaido Milk. They sell bottles of milk for 40-50 baht and i guess it is from Hokkaido?!

Very nice milk, try it yourself.

According to Hokkaido Website, the milk comes from thailand.

i asked a Japanese friend if she knew this brand. She told me she knows Hokkaido Milk, but the bottles and website I showed her are unknown to her. Indeed, the Hokkaido Milk you see in Thailand is just from a Thai company called Hokkaido Milk Ltd. 

The fact there isnt any production labeling on the bottles nor its website lead me to think it's just marketing gimmick. Kind of disappointing. i won't buy Hokkaido Milk anymore in Thailand.

i'm looking for Organic Miik from grass fed and non-antibiotic cows. So far, I came across Butterfly, which is a thai brand that markets its products as Organic Milk. However, reliability tends to be intangible, as they don't mention anywhere whether their cows are treated with antibiotics. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually use non organic ways to treat cows. After all, it's Thailand.

For sure it is fake! It must definitely contain only a small percentage of real milk, just like so many other things here eg fruit juices.
Leave the milk out on the counter in the kitchen, in a week it will not go sour like real milk.
Add lemon juice, lots, it does not go sour!

Very few real stuff in Thailand, lots of chemicals added. What about the bread, the square loafs

I've been searching for Badger Milk, for the last few weeks. Heard it's really good for you. Top, Tesco and Big C haven't got it. Is it available in Villa?

Too be honest can't see it being easy to get over here it's bloody well expensive.

I've been searching for Badger Milk, for the last few weeks. Heard it's really good for you. Top, Tesco and Big C haven't got it. Is it available in Villa?

Too be honest can't see it being easy to get over here it's bloody well expensive.

Ah, a Badger Milk connoisseur ? Which brand do you recommend?

I have never drank Badger milk, but have heard it is good for you, but exactly how does one milk a badger anyway ?

• Like 1

To be honest with you Mr. T I've only tried it once and it was a bit strong flavored for me but these cheese is absolutely wonderful.

• Like 1

I have never drank Badger milk, but have heard it is good for you, but exactly how does one milk a badger anyway ?

No idea, it's all Greek to me.

Must be someone with an idea on where to purchase it. The cheese sounds interesting as well

Must be someone with an idea on where to purchase it. The cheese sounds interesting as well

The cheese does sound interesting, it is greek badger cheese your talking about ?

Might have to wait for Costas
  • Like 1

The cheese does sound interesting, it is greek badger cheese your talking about ?

Might have to wait for Costas

Is that because Costas is a Bubble?

Having just come back from Oz I will venture my 2 bits.

1.  Surprize! Aus milk and dairy products (yogurt, cream, sour cream, cottage cheese) is almost twice cheaper than in Thailand!  And this is despite their fires, droughts and huge distances.

2. Use of milk powder (reconstituted milk?) is a very serious allegation.  Many posters mention this. How sure are you? Have you any proof?

In any civilized country selling a reconstituted product (from frozen juices or from dry powder) MUST be stated on a label.  Thai Laws usually copy those from civilized countries. Now I am really confused w00t.gif

In any civilized country selling a reconstituted product (from frozen juices or from dry powder) MUST be stated on a label.  Thai Laws usually copy those from civilized countries. Now I am really confused w00t.gif

Many cartons are labelled as "Milk" or "fortified", very few have "Fresh Milk" on them.
I am assuming the ones not having "fresh" written on them are definitely reconstituted from powder.
I am assuming the ones having "fortified" written on them are definitely reconstituted from powder.

The only real question in my mind, can I trust the "fresh milk" label or not?
Meiji is labelled "fresh milk" but is part of the CP chain, can I trust CP?
ChokChai is labelled "Pasteurized whole milk", I'm thinking definitely reconstituted.
Dutch Mill is labelled "Selected pasteurized milk" again I'm thinking definitely reconstituted. Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Tony, that's fine and Dandy, but have you seen any in Thailand?

No, but you might have noticed that scarcity of these omnivores in these parts.

While there is the Asiatic Stink Badger, which is found in Asia, this is not a true badger and it's milk leaves a bitter after taste.

Badger Milk tongue.png

Greek badger milk...

Actually where is the crockery smasher Costas ?

I want to know more about this Greek Badger Cheese everyone keeps talking about

If you can milk a badger, do you think one could milk a ferret ?

• Like 2

Badger Milk tongue.png

Greek badger milk...

Actually where is the crockery smasher Costas ?

I want to know more about this Greek Badger Cheese everyone keeps talking about

If you can milk a badger, do you think one could milk a ferret ?

Greek Badger Cheese sounds good. Where is it available?

I stick with Meiji, available in every 7-11 in the country.  Mostly use it for coffee and for corn flakes.  It starts losing flavor after you open the container.

The Dutch Lady milk in Malaysia is unspeakably horrible, tastes like something made with a chemistry set.  In Malaysia the good milk is imported from Oz, the Tesco milk is acceptable but I'm not sure where it's from.

• 2 weeks later...

We use Meiji too.........

All milk should be inspected first before you purchase in the store - my dad actually worked in the milk industry for a long time......hold the container in front of you and watch it - check the date first - then tilt the bottle slightly and keep raising it until you get the bottom of the container past your eyes(ed) ..........

Should be fine from there........wai2.gif facepalm.gif

This little guy seems to be doing well.[attachment=278131:bad.jpg] I am sure Siam Paragon or Central Food hall, Ploenchit have some.

Look for the badger badge o' quality.[attachment=278130:bb.jpg]

• Like 2

I stick with Meiji, available in every 7-11 in the country.  Mostly use it for coffee and for corn flakes.  It starts losing flavor after you open the container.

The Dutch Lady milk in Malaysia is unspeakably horrible, tastes like something made with a chemistry set.  In Malaysia the good milk is imported from Oz, the Tesco milk is acceptable but I'm not sure where it's from.

Yet another vote here for Meiji.

When I first moved to Singapore many years ago, I tried some Malaysian milk -- nasty stuff! Horrible aftertaste. Tried a few other kinds, some Australian brands, but eventually settled on Meiji or nothing.  I stayed with Meiji after moving to Bangkok.

Meiji tends to have short expiration dates, which I like -- can't trust a milk product with an expiration date a month away. I trust the Japanese for good quality control, love their fussiness (I must be part Japanese).