ED-Visa, next week, where to go best?

Hi,

the Thai language school got back the paperwork for my ed visa from ministry of education in Bangkok. I will pickup

the papers tomorrow and plan to go fro my ed visa run next week. I haven't decided yet where to go for the visa run.

I live 100 km outside Bangkok,, what means the Cambodia border would be near by. But I'm not sure it's a good idea

at moment to go to Cambodia border.

Someone can suggest me where to go best?

Do you mean traveling over land to Phenom Pen overland to get your visa at the embassy there. It can take up to 4 days to get the visa there.unless you use an agent.

There would be no problem crossing the Cambodia border to do that.

Vientiane would be a good choice because the do the visa the next afternoon after you apply the morning of the first day.

Do you mean traveling over land to Phenom Pen overland to get your visa at the embassy there. It can take up to 4 days to get the visa there.unless you use an agent.

There would be no problem crossing the Cambodia border to do that.

Vientiane would be a good choice because the do the visa the next afternoon after you apply the morning of the first day.

Means with an agent things go faster?

What for an agent you can recommend in BKK?

Bye the way, thanks for your info and in advanced to everybody can give me useful infos

I too will be going for my ed visa in about 2 months and was unsure if Cambodian agents can do it. I am in cambodia now going to get a tourist visa from an agent and I will ask them if they can get an ed visa and how much.

Going to immigration in Laos, sitting outside all day sucks. And I hate Laos. And it's cheaper to fly to Phnom Penh then it is to Vientiane.

So I will check on Sunday, and let ya know. If I forget to post, send me a pm and I will let you know which ones I went to and how much they said

Thanks,

I got in the meantime my documents for the education ministry, round about 30 sites, for my ED visa.

I will check on the weekend some more info's where i will go next week.

I'm happy to get more info's via this forum.

I thought that if you were already here on a valid visa you could get it changed over at immigration here?

No, unfortunately not! sad.png

at moment i'm here on an Tourist Visa, so I have to leave Thailand and apply for an non-immigration visa ED.

The non-immigration will be valid for 90 days and can be extended 4 time 90 days without leaving Thailand. biggrin.png

This is my first time applying fron an non-immigration visa that't why i'm looking for more infos

I thought that if you were already here on a valid visa you could get it changed over at immigration here?

I think you mean doing a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry at immigration. This cannot be done if attending a language school. Immigration in Bangkok will do it if you are a full time student at a university.

If he had a permit to stay from a non immigrant visa entry he could apply for the extension of stay.

I think you mean doing a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry at immigration. This cannot be done if attending a language school. Immigration in Bangkok will do it if you are a full time student at a university.

If he had a permit to stay from a non immigrant visa entry he could apply for the extension of stay.

I'm on a 60 day visit Thai wife visa. I'm enrolling on a full time degree course in BKK. Could I just do this in BKK (Ed Visa) or will I need to fly to Phnom Penh? Phnom Penh is my only option as Cambodia is the only nation in the region accepting the one year UK passport extensions due to the crisis/massive delays at UK Passports Authority.

Edited by GoonDizzy

I'm on a 60 day visit Thai wife visa. I'm enrolling on a full time degree course in BKK. Could I just do this in BKK (Ed Visa) or will I need to fly to Phnom Penh? Phnom Penh is my only option as Cambodia is the only nation in the region accepting the one year UK passport extensions due to the crisis/massive delays at UK Passports Authority.

If you are attending a university it should be possible to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok.

If you are attending a university it should be possible to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry at immigration in Bangkok.

Yeah. That's why a pal told me get a 60 day visit Thai wife stamp (to give them and I a bit of time to sort it out). Others have told me I'll need to fly out to Cambodia to do it. I'll give it a go at Bangers Imm and see what happens in a few weeks if I get accepted onto the course.