Thai FDA warns consumers not to buy 'Fantasy Pharma' food

webfact

Fantasy Pharma warned

fantasy-pharma-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned consumers not to buy "Fantasy Pharma" food supplement as it is over advertised of quality and may be harmful to health.

Warning of the food supplement which is advertised on the social media as drug came after the FDA officials found that producer of Fantasy Pharma used the registered ingredients of another product on its label with no authorisation.

Such unauthorised use raises concern of the FDA which fears that some ingredients of the food supplement might be contaminated and harmful to health.

The FDA has sent samples of the food supplement to relevant government agencies to track down its manufacturing source and distribution outlets and bring all relevant people to trials.

According to FDA deputy secretary-general Praphon Angtrakul, the product called in Thai as “ya salai mano” (delusion suppressant drug) is packaged by Fantasy Pharma, and is sold at 590-700 baht a bottle.

The drug boasts of its efficiency to improve the skin and increase breast size as it contains fish collagen, isolate soy protein, pine bark extract and other ingredients.

Users are advised to stop imagination of bigger breasts but take the supplement and it will become a reality.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/fantasy-pharma-warned/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-19

• Like 1

"the product called in Thai as “ya salai mano” (delusion suppressant drug)" blink.png

Huh? Wait, there may be a market for that...

"Users are advised to stop imagination of bigger breasts but take the supplement and it will become a reality." cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Edited by iReason

Seems like the so-called Thai FDA is more concerned with tracking down the source of pirated pharmaceutical usage rather than warning the consumers.

Some big-wig must lost face and put a fire under their asses. I can think of no other reason why any Thai would feel compelled to perform this apparent exercise in futility.

3825's sake! it's a spoof! When I'm not on my phone I might translate the Monty-Pythonesque description... "Your delusions will cease to be delusions".

What's even funnier is that some people have bought it.

I bet the makers were in fits when they got their first order.

I know it's not very ethical to carry the joke on to the extent of actually selling the stuff but ... It would be so tempting.

Edited by Trembly