List the eyesores and illegal actions here

steelepulse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk down Rawai beach. Its like a roadmap on how to destroy a beach.

1. Broken abandoned longtail hulls, timber.

2. Ropes crossing the beach everywhere whether there are boats tied to them or not.

3. Restaurants encroaching the beach. (Cut my head on one built on stilts over the sand recently)

4. Makeshift toilets on beach 1.5M tall (you get to see the lovely expressions on the peoples face as they squat) for the little food stalls on the frontage road.

5. Gas hose on the beach used to fill the speedboats from the gas truck parked on the beach road.

6. Garbage everywhere.

Let me know when the list is complete.

I will then add my observation which will may read as follows:

The Governor of Phuket knew, or ought to have known, about all of issues on the above mentioned list, but failed to act to rectify them.

Edited by Bulldozer Dawn

The Governor of Phuket knew, or ought to have known, about all of issues on the above mentioned list, but failed to act to rectify them.

The previous Governor's reply when asked why he turned a blind eye to certain practices was "they know where my kids go to school".

I would like to see your brave self stand up against such.

• Like 2

The previous Governor's reply when asked why he turned a blind eye to certain practices was "they know where my kids go to school".

Presumably when the list of farang complaints about life in Thailand is sent to the General he'll drop everything and deal with them because only some farang can see clearly what needs to be done to improve life for the average Thai citizen whose main concern is the state of the beaches.

"I will then add my observation ..."

That should really impress ... um ... well you're obviously already impressed with yourself, so who's left? Be sure to append you home address and phone number when you make these observations so that "well wishers" will know who to "thank." At least it should provide some comic relief for those who read the complaints and observations.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

What he probably ment was: I need all these votes to be reelected.

What he probably ment was: I need all these votes to be reelected.

Phuket Governors are appointed, not elected. My albeit cynical view of past postholders was that their appointments were for topping up their pension funds, and not for the betterment of the people or environment of Phuket.

• Like 1

Phuket Governors are appointed, not elected. My albeit cynical view of past postholders was that their appointments were for topping up their pension funds, and not for the betterment of the people or environment of Phuket.

Very true. Every one of them retires after their term is finished. You have to be old and rich to get the Phuket posting.

The only governor that I can remember that didn't go into retirement was the one about three years back that suddenly got transferred after three months because it looked like he was actually going to do something.

Go ahead and look at the new houses built higher than the 80 metre contour. Too numerous to list.

In Chalong, behind the Ribbed Boat factory is a triangular shaped patch of steep land that someone has been trying to flog for years.

Yesterday, heavy machinery started making a very steep access road to the highest point of this plot, presumably for the start of some sort of construction. This land is above the road (Soi Ban Klang?) which runs along the escapement and peaks at about 90 metres where the earthworks begin. The piece of cleared land is between 92 and 120 metres high (GE).

Go ahead and look at the new houses built higher than the 80 metre contour. Too numerous to list.

In Chalong, behind the Ribbed Boat factory is a triangular shaped patch of steep land that someone has been trying to flog for years.

Yesterday, heavy machinery started making a very steep access road to the highest point of this plot, presumably for the start of some sort of construction. This land is above the road (Soi Ban Klang?) which runs along the escapement and peaks at about 90 metres where the earthworks begin. The piece of cleared land is between 92 and 120 metres high (GE).

Just had a look up there. Would not like to make my way up or down that new track under any circumstances. No equipment there today but a few labourers clearing the shrubbery etc.

Illegal dump site, leftside going into Nai Harn Beach. This one drives me nuts, free-for-all dumping ground

Wednesday I saw a toxic waste truck white plate 80-8085 dumping black sludge. All workers wearing facemasks to keep from breathing. Next day backhoe came in and turned it all over. Maybe if someone has link to Rawai Orbojor they can forward.

post-92090-0-69873400-1403251687_thumb.j

post-92090-0-63791600-1403251718_thumb.j

Here is the black sludge having been mixed into the soil by backhoe.

post-92090-0-72835700-1403251829_thumb.j

• Like 2

Just had a look up there. Would not like to make my way up or down that new track under any circumstances. No equipment there today but a few labourers clearing the shrubbery etc.

I noticed a black pickup sitting at the top level today so the track must be drivable.

He would have been above 120 metres.

post-18822-0-40832500-1403261339_thumb.j

Edited by Old Croc

I noticed a black pickup sitting at the top level today so the track must be drivable.

He would have been above 120 metres.

attachicon.gifIMG_0005.JPG

I wonder how many land slide there will be during construction on that site?

Businesses forcing pedestrians into the street, Cherng Telay florist, and across the street a hardware shop. I asked them to clear, they waved me off with utterances that white people have no rights to ask such a thing.

post-179390-0-64431100-1403270656_thumb.

post-179390-0-02573000-1403270668_thumb.

post-179390-0-39289100-1403270679_thumb.

This is a garbage fire at a new worker's camp about 100 meters up wind. post-179390-0-60821600-1403271062_thumb.

Had this horror going late this afternoon, post-179390-0-19668300-1403271074_thumb.

knowing the entire valley would be dioxinated by morning I went to the police . They actually went and told the manager to put it out- then left.

So for about 10 minutes workers used buckets and a 1/2 inch hose ... post-179390-0-98128900-1403271123_thumb.

Which had the effect of making more smoke

post-179390-0-70929000-1403271147_thumb. We are choking as I write,

Not the first time either- remains from prior fires post-179390-0-04471000-1403271098_thumb.

Edited by EBlair48

Valentine -

Are you familiar with 'Darwin's Theory'?

Just drive defensively, preferably NOT at night, and let all the other numpties take each other out. That ought to thin the heard a bit. Eventually the situation will fix itself.

Edited by Flying Clog

Valentine -

Are you familiar with 'Darwin's Theory'?

Just drive defensively, preferably NOT at night, and let all the other numpties take each other out. That ought to thin the heard a bit. Eventually the situation will fix itself.

Haven't you heard of, "The Numpty Effect?" It's similar to "The Domino Effect."

It's where one numpty sees another numpty driving/riding whilst drunk, and then the other numpty thinks is ok and he does it as well. Thus, the numpties on Phuket grow in numbers, not decrease.

Of course, Phuket is famous for it's driving and riding numpties due to having no public transport here.

So, the "heard" is growing in numbers, faster than it is being culled, making the roads here extremely dangerous for all non-numpties. biggrin.png

Strange muck in the water just across from Club Med............up for a swim anybody?

attachicon.gifMucky Muck.jpg

And they wonder why dead marine life washes up on shore.

@NKM-friends last night at a BBQ party mentioned while surfing they saw a huge fishing net in the water, looked closer and there was a turtle tangled in there ! They cut it loose and off he went so I think the fishing nets might be more responsible than pollution.

@KB-you're correct, thats what it looked like to me too, but still doesn't look like a lot of fun to swim in (eyesore).

Strange muck in the water just across from Club Med............up for a swim anybody?

@NKM-friends last night at a BBQ party mentioned while surfing they saw a huge fishing net in the water, looked closer and there was a turtle tangled in there ! They cut it loose and off he went so I think the fishing nets might be more responsible than pollution.

@KB-you're correct, thats what it looked like to me too, but still doesn't look like a lot of fun to swim in (eyesore).

I was referring to the thousands of small crabs that washed up recently.

I don't think a fishing net was involved in that incident, but I take your point, in some cases, fishing nets are responsible.

It's possible it's an algae bloom. The water should be tested and if it's found to sewage, or other waste products, than an investigation should be launched.

Edited by NamKangMan

I was referring to the thousands of small crabs that washed up recently.

I don't think a fishing net was involved in that incident, but I take your point, in some cases, fishing nets are responsible.

It's possible it's an algae bloom. The water should be tested and if it's found to sewage, or other waste products, than an investigation should be launched.

I remember they started testing the water last year, then never published the results. I'm guessing the test didn't come out to their liking.

• Like 1