Extending a Tourist Visa at Chiang Mai Immigration

My understanding is that with a 3 month tourist visa (issued in the UK, I am Brit) I am entitled to a 60 day stay in Thailand within the validity period of 3 months. I then have to leave the country - or extend?

The usual caveat about new rules and unclear processes, so apologies and thanks for help and advice ....

Are extensions being granted? Are they always 30 days? (I think I read of a 7 day extension somewhere.) What is the cost? Is there an "apply-before" date? Etc.

You can extend the 60 day permit to stay you got on entry for 30 days a immigration. There has been no changes and it will always be 30 days.

You will need a completed TM7 form with attached photo, copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. The fee will be 1900 baht.

You can do it up to the date your 60 days end. You loose nothing by doing it early because the extension starts at end of your permit to stay. You can do it up to 30 days early.

Hello Ubonjoe,

Since you have been most helpful in the past, I will direct this Q to you.

I have an "O" visa and have stayed in BKK the last 5 years. I do the 90 day reporting + the yearly trip to Chaeng Wattana for an annual extension.

I have had the same Thai gf the past 2 years. Although it is not all that important to us, I am wondering if we get married does anything change with my Thai immigration status if we marry or is it the same 90 days reports and annual extension?

Also, if you know, next month I must apply for another extension. Is Chaeng Wattana now open for business or should I go to Lat Phrao?

In advance, thanks so much for your time.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hello Ubonjoe,

Since you have been most helpful in the past, I will direct this Q to you.

I have an "O" visa and have stayed in BKK the last 5 years. I do the 90 day reporting + the yearly trip to Chaeng Wattana for an annual extension.

I have had the same Thai gf the past 2 years. Although it is not all that important to us, I am wondering if we get married does anything change with my Thai immigration status if we marry or is it the same 90 days reports and annual extension?

Also, if you know, next month I must apply for another extension. Is Chaeng Wattana now open for business or should I go to Lat Phrao?

In advance, thanks so much for your time.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The only thing that would change if you got married would be that the financial requirements for an extension of stay based upon marriage the financial requirements are only 400k baht in the bank for 60 day or 40k baht income, You can also get a work permit and work with this extension.