Thai food the best in the world?

Grateful farang

Following on with poster who mentioned Argentina. Chile is know to have the finest cold water fish as well if you are a fish lover. There is a lot of world class food to experience in South America if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I read an article once malaysia and thailands cuisines were compared as being the same

The article claimed thailand copied malaysian dishes and credited malaysia as being the originators of that cooking style.

That I doubt very much. There are few, if any similarities and of all the SE Asian countries I rate Malaysia as having the worst food.

• Like 1

dont understand these kind of threads really!!! Who in their right mind like this stuff they call food here in Thailand. I am not talkin g abolut all these strange Thailand-romantics who seems to love everything no matter what about Thailand..

Glegolo

dont understand these kind of threads really!!! Who in their right mind like this stuff they call food here in Thailand. I am not talkin g abolut all these strange Thailand-romantics who seems to love everything no matter what about Thailand..

Glegolo

And I do not understand the people living in Thailand that hate everything there......

Edited by hanno

The Thais already use some time the slogan "Thailand, the kitchen of the world".

When your world goes from Tachileik till Su Ngai Kolok, I can imagine. But compared to the Italian, French, Turkish, Greek, Spanish, Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese and many other kitchens, sorry...a close-to-nothing.

You can eat red-green-yellow-masaman-penang curry, and think, this is all in the world. And, when you are happy with that, why not.

Funny the way Thais eat the jumping prawn.

I don't know what the poor prawns have done to receive such a horrible death,

I don't know how much the prawn feels but getting the red hot chili treatment no wonder they are jumping!

Funny way for Buddhists to treat a sentient being.

A prawn is a sentient being?????

I don't remember even hearing of "Rendang", so that does surprise me.

Having tasted rendang, I am not suprised. Culinary expert call this spicy dish caramelized beef curry. Really an ethnic Indonesian dish that has gained world fame.

Thailand, together with Laos and Vietnam, has the highest liver cancer rate in the world, due to parasitic worms that they ingest with their food prepared with fermented fish. Be careful of what you eat here, especially in the Isaan region!

The Thais also use astronomical amounts of MSG in their soups and sauces, and that includes the so-called high-end restaurants. Some people can stand it, many others cannot. It makes me very sick. I avoid Thai food whenever I can.

• Like 1

I read an article once malaysia and thailands cuisines were compared as being the same

The article claimed thailand copied malaysian dishes and credited malaysia as being the originators of that cooking style.

That I doubt very much. There are few, if any similarities and of all the SE Asian countries I rate Malaysia as having the worst food.

Yeah not much like Thai. But have you tried char kway teow? Murtabak? (Indian Malay) Some Malaysian hawker food is delicious too.

Best SE Asian cuisine - Thai

Worst cuisine - Philippines

Best dishes - Murtabak, pho bo & som tam (haa met) khao niao gai yang

Italian could be the best but in Thailand is hard to find the right restaurant and the ingredient are the lowest quality nothing to compare with the ones you can get in Italy so I think in Thailand Thai food is the best.

For me Thai food was untill a few years ago a no go... I just didn't like anything except Pad Thai.... then I met my gf and she cookes Thai food every day. I don't say I like everything, but nowadays I love (her) Thai food. I like Japanese as well, for me nr 2. Brazilian food can be pretty good, if you like "basic" food. The worst for me is from my own country, Dutch food.... just one of the most boring foods ever...

What I also like very much is Indonesian food and Malay food. I might still prefer some of it over Thai food. But hey, once you taste the food my gf cooks...

I ate an oyster last night - this morning I woke up beside mother of pearl....

More interesting is the worst food countries in the world.

In Asia I would vote for the Philippines, so bad I would never consider living there.

In the west it would have to be as another poster says, Dutch food, they really don't have a national cuisine just cheese and ham.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

1.French

2.Japanese

3.Thai

4.Chinese

1.McDonalds

2.Subway

3.7/11

4.Big C

5.Burger King

6,Chicago Pizza

7.KFC

Edited by Jimbolai