Thai food the best in the world?

Grateful farang

Funny the way Thais eat the jumping prawn.

I don't know what the poor prawns have done to receive such a horrible death,

I don't know how much the prawn feels but getting the red hot chili treatment no wonder they are jumping!

Funny way for Buddhists to treat a sentient being.

Sure... they probably feel better being boiled.

Boiling is a lot quicker than a chilli bath for half an hour!

Tell that to a shrimp next time you throw it in a pot of boiling water, or leave in a tray of ice , gasping for breath to die a slow lingering death. Me, I just bite their heads offtongue.png

I think it is the Buddhist thing to do, hopefully next life I will not come back as a shrimp. Perhaps I could come back as a clam, I do like lemon and hot sauce, so much.

"ndian food, chinese food and thai food are my favourite."

did you notice that India and China contains more countries than the EU?

To say Chinese Food is like saying European Food....Differences like from Italian to Swedish food or Portuguese to Russian.

India is the same.

I think you are slightly Geographically challenged but Szechuan is my favorite Chinese food.

• Like 2

Speaking of Food.

Please don't feed the Bridge Dweller.

17 Posts

10 one line OP's

Make it stop now.

... coffee1.gif

Trolls provide valuable service also

David, If it wasn't for trolls,who would I practice my sarcasm on? tongue.png

• Like 2

Speaking of Food.

17 Posts

10 one line OP's

Make it stop now.

... coffee1.gif

Trolls provide valuable service also

David, If it wasn't for trolls,who would I practice my sarcasm on? tongue.png

As always, sirineou ... you make a very valid point ... thumbsup.gif

Speaking of Food.

17 Posts

10 one line OP's

Make it stop now.

... coffee1.gif

For a moment I thought Maigo6 was back.......

I had to look him up.

WOW ... a 2003 member!

I was a meer twinkle in Thai Visa's eye back then!

Fish poop soup?!!!

Are you serious or joking?

I was eating chicken at a party, I collected alot of chicken to eat

Then I saw a strange piece, it had a chickens foot at the end of it

Disgusting! I threw it away and tried not to think too much about it.

But the thought of chicken marching.around in shit all day then they cooked those dirty shitty feet in with the thighs, breasts, wings was quite disturbing

Hell!!! just imagine what goes in its mouth!

Can I ask what makes thai food so great other than fried chicken with basil, tom yam and som tam? I mean I strictly eat foreign food nowadays since thai food is really boring and unhealthy.

any of the curries. phad thai, phad krapow, moo krawp, phad seeiw, yum pramook, yum talay, gwiteeauw, moo yang, larb gai, moo, phet or neua, tilapia with sauce and cashews, cashew chicken, etc etc . hardly boring

• Like 2

Can I ask what makes thai food so great other than fried chicken with basil, tom yam and som tam? I mean I strictly eat foreign food nowadays since thai food is really boring and unhealthy.

Try eating Southern Thai food.

Avoid eating Thai food in any tourist centre, its usually farangised and tastes bland.

I like thai food, but in terms of comparing asian food for example, japanese is far far far far better in almost every way

thai food uses too much sugar, a lot of deep frying, coconut creams/milk, msg,

Japanese food doesnt have any of those problems

I reckon if a farang with their bigger appetites ate thai food all the time, theyd get fat pretty quickly

• Like 1

From what I get at home it's a well rounded diet with veggies, seafood, pork, chicken, fruit all inclusive....just by Thai diet alone I lost 10+ kilos a few years back.....the weight only goes up if we vacation and I start eating more western food. Here - maybe a western meal once a week....rarely eat beef/steak - maybe a good burger a few times a year.....

When I went to China with a Thai tour group they barely touched the Chinese food unless it had the Thai spices added to it - the general opinion was it was pretty repusive to them the way it was cooked, ingredients, etc.

Before a few years back I'd been known to eat a little Thai from time to time rolleyes.gif ...but now my diet is full time Thai.......thumbsup.gif .....maybe that's a different forum....

Fish poop soup?!!!

But the thought of chicken marching.around in shit all day then they cooked those dirty shitty feet in with the thighs, breasts, wings was quite disturbing

It may sound strange to you but thais WASH their food before they cook it. you should try it next time you cook a sirloin tip, rump roast or eye of round. those cows tend to crap down their hind legs you know

yes they do and it may sound strange to you but we skin and dress the carcass before it is eaten unless of course you are suggesting somehow the faeces somehow is absorbed through the skin into the meat

From what I get at home it's a well rounded diet with veggies, seafood, pork, chicken, fruit all inclusive....just by Thai diet alone I lost 10+ kilos a few years back.....the weight only goes up if we vacation and I start eating more western food. Here - maybe a western meal once a week....rarely eat beef/steak - maybe a good burger a few times a year.....

When I went to China with a Thai tour group they barely touched the Chinese food unless it had the Thai spices added to it - the general opinion was it was pretty repusive to them the way it was cooked, ingredients, etc.

Before a few years back I'd been known to eat a little Thai from time to time rolleyes.gif ...but now my diet is full time Thai.......thumbsup.gif .....maybe that's a different forum....

youd be surprised, a steak and burger (obviously not from an american franchise) is quite healthy, obviously the pattie shouldnt be full of fat and covered with slices of bacon and cheese,

if you actually ate, steaks, salad, burgers without the bacon, cheese and fries, every day, thas a damn healthy meal! go brown bread and its even better, far better then white rice, and sugar laden sauce stirfry

@hellohello123

Hello

Japanese food is ok but in my opinion can never compete with thai cooking

Japanese seem to like raw food

I prefer cooked food!

Also with some of the japanese dishez too many hands touching and proding and fingering the food.

"sorry too many cooks spoil the broth"

@ marko kok prong

Good joke!

Even prince philip queen elisabeth 2 husband

Said the english are not good cooks

They are only good at garnishing food.

I've never heard of an english restaurant?

I know the uk has cafes but not restaurants

The english breakfast is their speciality:-

Fried bread, tomatoes, bacon, eggs, sausages, baked beans and mushrooms.

Exquisite nosh!!

• Like 1

Fish poop soup?!!!

It may sound strange to you but thais WASH their food before they cook it. you should try it next time you cook a sirloin tip, rump roast or eye of round. those cows tend to crap down their hind legs you know

yes they do and it may sound strange to you but we skin and dress the carcass before it is eaten unless of course you are suggesting somehow the faeces somehow is absorbed through the skin into the meat

tell that to the folks that get e-coli from meat

all nations food is ok usually as long as it isnt that spiced up you cannot tell what is in it or what you are eating. I love curry but cannot eat the ones that are that hot you cant taste what is in it, same with chilli. Heat is fine as long as it lets you still taste the various ingrediants otherwise you may as well just eat chillied sh*t. Thai is nice but so is indian, chinese, japanese, aussie, german, french etc etc, it all depends on how it is prepared and how fresh the ingredients are. Afraid I cant come at all the wildlife/insects thais eat especially in the north, that really is a required tastebah.gif

• Like 1