186 foreign firms set up in Thailand in during first-half of 2014

webfact

186 foreign firms set up in Thailand in during first-half of 2014
By Digital Content

14032433086050-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, June 20 -- A total of 186 foreign enterprises with combined investment of about Bt7. 4 billion were allowed to be set up in Thailand during the first six months this year, said Pongpun Gearaviriyapun, director-general of the Business Development Department.

The newly-established firms will employ about 1,990 Thais, said Ms Pongpun.

Compared to the corresponding period of 2013, the number of foreign companies established rose by 5 per cent but the investment funds were 30 per cent less, she said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-20

I'd bet that any company willing to pay a decent wage can find all the people they want.

If I had a choice of working for 300 baht a day, or selling ice cream on the street, I'd sell the ice cream. That's why there's "zero unemployment".

• Like 2

Thats an average of just below B40 million per business which is over US$1m. Given many of these firms would be small or investing conservatively, given the political climate, there was either a few very large new firms or TAT did the figures coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I would like to start my business in Thailand, but I can not because of the ownership rules. If I start a company or open a subsidiary of my company in Thailand, I can not own more than 49 %. Whom should I give the 51 % to ???????

• Like 1

I'd bet that any company willing to pay a decent wage can find all the people they want.

If I had a choice of working for 300 baht a day, or selling ice cream on the street, I'd sell the ice cream. That's why there's "zero unemployment".

If i had a choice of looking for a job or laying in a hammock all day, I'd choose the latter, that's why there's zero unemployment since only the people who are actively looking for a job are included in those figures.