The New FireFox

chiangrai

Hi,

I just updated my Firefox to the latest version.

It told me that it would disable the theme that I was using and when it opened it had a new theme.

On my old theme I had a box in the top left hand corner for all sorts of things,add-ons,help,history,etc..........

My new theme doesn't have this box.........does anybody know why......?????????????.

Thanks I found it.

This theme looks O.K but I can't take away the navigation bar like before.

Do I have to change to the original theme to do this.

The The Classic Theme restorer add-on has an option to Hide 'Navigation Toolbar'

The 'Navigation Toolbar' can't be hidden in Australis.

I've switched over to Pale Moon browser...its from the firefox stable but optimised to run with windows

and it looks the same as the old firefox before the update, i think its a tad faster. it comes in 32 or 64 bit versions.

i got to know about it from jsixpack about 2 weeks ago in a thread on here

give it a go i think you may like it.

Have A Nice Day.

I might check out this Pale Moon browser,what's the difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions.

The customize Australis function is great but if it happens that the page won't forward or back by right click it seems to be a hassle to open the navigation bar again.

I will have a good look at it in the morning.

I've just set up Pale Moon and so far it seems like FF28.

However I can't work out how to change the 'List All Tabs' into a list instead of that clutter of thumbnails.

Anyone know how to do it?

Google Search found dslreports forum

User A: [...] when I click on the down arrow at the bottom of the column of all my tabs (Tree Style Tabs) instead of getting a VERTICAL LIST of all tabs, I get that god-awful garbage page that opens in a new tab showing all tabs as thumbnails. [...]

User B: browser.allTabs.previews setting?

User A: It was set to "true" which is default. I set it to "false" and closed/restarted Pale Moon. I had my down arrow at the bottom of the tabs back and when I clicked on it, I got the vertical list. Thank you!

That setting is not in Fx 24.6.0 ESR about:config. Is that setting new in Pale Moon 24.6.2? Ahh...googling told me that it was removed in Fx 21 which I never had. I had Fx 17 ESR before the current Fx 24 ESR. If that was in Fx 17, I guess Tree Style tabs over rode it as I always saw the tab list. (Or maybe I changed the setting to false in Fx 17 ESR and then forgot about it so I didn't think about it maybe being in Pale Moon).
I don't think I set "browser.allTabs.previews" to false in the earlier Pale Moon I had because I didn't know about it and I had the list of all tabs shown then so I wonder what made it change when I upgraded Pale Moon? I suppose Tree Style Tabs maybe over rode that setting in the previous version of Pale Moon? Ah well, I'll probably never know but the main thing is that it is fixed! Again, mahalo!

...I may not be the sharpest fork in the drawer, but I do know how to plagiarize.