S African caught in Phuket with 72 skimmed ATM cards

Lite Beer

I can't help but worry why on earth a police officer would wear a T-shirt with the word Herion printed on it.

And why do the street thugs wear T-shirt with police on them?

Because they think it's another word for 'street thugs' ? whistling.gif

You gotta love this thread w00t.gif Almost no one is on topic (including me) and the comments are all focused on the guy with the 'Heroin' T-shirt and the cop with the hand problem. By the way it's not Inspector Clouzot you're thinking of Alfalfa17 (post #19), although it was indeed the same fabulous actor (Peter Sellers), it's Stanley Kubrick's 'Doctor Strangelove'. I believe you're referring to that hysterical and totally classic scene in it where the mad Doctor's prosthetic right hand suddenly takes on a life of its own, even tries to strangle him, and he's fighting to subdue it.

To remain off topic, I kind of like the look on the third cop's face too (the one on the far right), dontcha ? An interesting mix of 'smug' and 'bored'. We could start a game and insert a little cloud over his head where we're invited to write what he's thinking

post-207010-0-55284100-1403340559_thumb. post-207010-0-24969300-1403341146_thumb.

Edited by Yann55

I can't help but worry why on earth a police officer would wear a T-shirt with the word Herion printed on it.

Heroin can also mean a women hero.....

That's Heroin(e)thumbsup.gif

and the man is clearly innocent. nobody points at him. tongue.png

• Like 2

Hope he spends a long time in a Thai prison these are the type of scum that totally ruin lives.

It's interesting to observe how rightneousness easily pairs with hyperbole... 'totally ruins lives', you say ? as in : when it happened to you, you had to momentarily interrupt a fabulous shopping spree for two whole days until the stolen amount was refunded in full ?

My credit card was cloned twice within the past 10 years, and both times the total amount stolen was paid back to me. OK i had to go to the police and fill up forms at my bank, but thereupon the process was efficient and fast.

The reason they refunded me was not because I'm me, of course, but because Visa, Amex and consorts simply don't have a choice : their entire credibility relies on the fact that these incidents don't happen, and of course they do, so they quickly cover the loss, full stop, and that's international practice.

I don't think my life was 'totally ruined' by 2 visits to the cops and some red tape.

Of course I'm not saying that this lazy goodfornothin' cretin is a wonderful guy and doing the right thing, what I'm saying is that paedophiles, murderers and rapists, along with some clever swindlers, do indeed ruin lives, while this moron merely annoys us and the financial establishment.

If you use the strongest words for petty problems, how will you qualify real and serious evil ?

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 2

Hope he spends a long time in a Thai prison these are the type of scum that totally ruin lives.

It's interesting to observe how rightneousness easily pairs with hyperbole... 'totally ruins lives', you say ? as in : when it happened to you, you had to momentarily interrupt a fabulous shopping spree for two whole days until the stolen amount was refunded in full ?

My credit card was cloned twice within the past 10 years, and both times the total amount stolen was paid back to me. OK i had to go to the police and fill up forms at my bank, but thereupon the process was efficient and fast.

The reason they refunded me was not because I'm me, of course, but because Visa, Amex and consorts simply don't have a choice : their entire credibility relies on the fact that these incidents don't happen, and of course they do, so they quickly cover the loss, full stop, and that's international practice.

I don't think my life was 'totally ruined' by 2 visits to the cops and some red tape.

Of course I'm not saying that this lazy goodfornothin' cretin is a wonderful guy and doing the right thing, what I'm saying is that paedophiles, murderers and rapists, along with some clever swindlers, do indeed ruin lives, while this moron merely annoys us and the financial establishment.

If you use the strongest words for petty problems, how will you qualify real and serious evil ?

Perhaps kinmaew picked up on the word Heroin and thought the thread was about drugs.

The shirt says 'Heroin', not 'Herion,' and contrary to another poster's comment, 'Heroin' is not a female hero, 'Heroine' is.

However, the answer you may be seeking is that the Thai may not speak English well and simply does not know what that combination of letters means.

I was at the Chong Chom market last year and saw a sweet young thing wearing a T shirt proudly emblazoned with the word DORK.

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 1

Lets just hope that the new government knows how to impress this guy. Like lock him up and forget about him.

Let his cell bodies know that he steals from those close to him.

Yes, sincerely hope he gets suitably punished here and gets made an example of. Gutter rat (my apologies to the rats)

Perhaps kinmaew picked up on the word Heroin and thought the thread was about drugs.

You know what ? I think you're right !! biggrin.pngwai.gif

But if you don't mind, I'll maintain what I said about righteousness and hyperbole and it's particularly obvious on this Forum.

Edited by Yann55

Web synthesis about this name:

...Ngcobo is an unsung heroine who quietly goes about helping those in need.
Ngcobo is currently at ningizimu in a different capacity.
Ngcobo is a very old man who knows what he is doing.
Ngcobo is one of many local entrepreneurs who participated in the first cato manor small business fair.
Ngcobo is biased towards his old club blackburn rovers.
Ngcobo is challenged to spell a word and it becomes obvious that while he may be a foreman.
Ngcobo is a landlord who has 10 tenants who have been staying on his property for the past 20 years.
Ngcobo is a project manager at the institute of natural resources.
Ngcobo is a successful young entrepreneur dealing in the export of african craft.
Ngcobo is a respected and highly skilled musician in the genre of karnatic music.

• Like 1

I'm a white South African and these guys are giving us a bad name! Mind you, the bulk of them seem to come from Nigeria (Africa, not South Africa), but more often than not the Thai's (Asians in general) don't understand the difference : )

I'm a white South African and these guys are giving us a bad name! Mind you, the bulk of them seem to come from Nigeria (Africa, not South Africa), but more often than not the Thai's (Asians in general) don't understand the difference : )

And the difference between you being white and him black is.???????

• Like 1

There seem to be hundreds of these lowlifes crawling the streets in Thailand.

Wonder how much money way made

I would have thought that after a few days one could make enough money to throw away the cards but they always get greedy

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I was wondering where the " fingers" were. Wasn't quite sure who the baddy was

If you look closely, you can see that the army dude (to the crook's left) is doing the "NEW" fingerpointing which has been implemented by the new guys in charge to prevent officers from accidentally being discharged over the forbidden Hunger Game three finger sign... The "NEW" fingerpointer is called (and added to the new post-coup guidelines of Thailand as such); ESC-45 (exaggerated semi circle 45 degree pointer). To do this properly, one has to stand either left or right of the person to point out, cup the hand a bit, curl the index finger to a semi circle with the tip pointing upwards at 45 degrees, so that a straight imaginary line drawn up from there would end exactly at the top of the head of the pointed-out person. biggrin.png

Edited by catweazle

Heroin can also mean a women hero.....

That's Heroin(e)thumbsup.gif

and the man is clearly innocent. nobody points at him. tongue.png

Sorry, wrong! The "mommy made me look good today" army guy with the perfectly new, crisp darg green uniform is pointing him out doing the ESC-45 described earlier...

Its not Herion its Heroin, and that is a woman who is a hero.

Heroin = drug > https://www.google.com/search?q=heroin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Heroine = admired female >https://www.google.com/search?q=heroine&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Still learning Thai, but English...

And the difference between you being white and him black is.???????

Have to agree with the question.

Meddle, you will have to pull your head in mate. Leaning a bit racist there.

I do understand your point, but remember that demographically speaking there will always be a higher percentage of black criminals than whites. Don't forget that people like J. Arthur Brown who stole millions is white, as was Lolly Jackson. All the rich executives who do price fixing and collusion that steal from the poor are mostly white too.