Germany vs Ghana - Sun 22 June, 02:00 am, - Match Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Unfortunately the game is at a bad time. Too late to stay up for it and too early to wake up for it. Weeeeell, maybe I will wake up for it. It would be the first German world cup match I will miss since 1994 ;).

I think it will be a good match.

The German lineup will probably be the same as in the Portugal match. I just hope that Klose will get at least 30 minutes of playing time.

Unfortunately the game is at a bad time. Too late to stay up for it and too early to wake up for it. Weeeeell, maybe I will wake up for it. It would be the first German world cup match I will miss since 1994 wink.png.

I think it will be a good match.

The German lineup will probably be the same as in the Portugal match. I just hope that Klose will get at least 30 minutes of playing time.

I'll watch it, but dude, isn't Klose already too old now? I think it's more a legend what he once was, not who he is now.

But I'll wear my full gear and eat Somtham to it.......

The performance of the Germans at the Portugal game has been overestimated. Eight opportunities, including five standards, but otherwise, especially a controlled, powerful game that was never inspired much.

The game against Ghana - the necessary as appropriate - bring disillusionment because Ghana will be "the expected heavy opponents."

If they win, they'd won. tongue.png

Edited by sirchai

This a great football match both teams going for it and Ghana have just scored

a second at 63mins to make it 2-1 and they fully deserve to be ahead.

Plenty of time for more goals!

Still end to end stuff but Ghana needs the win but Klose just equalised on

71mins to make it 2-2.

Still time for more goals though, could go either way.

Edited by sotsira

Great 2nd half ; Ghana lost some occasions ; I have seen only the last 30 mn, and I was surprised : it was 1-1 ; I tought Germany would win by at least 2 goals

many goals on this world cup : 4 goals more thumbsup.gif

I'll watch it, but dude, isn't Klose already too old now? I think it's more a legend what he once was, not who he is now.

Well, I am glad I don't have to do the talking for him. Klose answered your question 2 minutes after entering the field ;)

But in all seriousness, he may be old and MAY not be able to bring 100% over 90 minutes. But he sure can play 45 minutes and make a mess in the opponents defense. It's always been fun watching him play over the years.

Nevertheless, it was a great 2nd half. I missed most of the 1st half...but from what I heard, it wasn't that good of a first half anyways.

• Like 1

Well, I am glad I don't have to do the talking for him. Klose answered your question 2 minutes after entering the field wink.png

But in all seriousness, he may be old and MAY not be able to bring 100% over 90 minutes. But he sure can play 45 minutes and make a mess in the opponents defense. It's always been fun watching him play over the years.

Nevertheless, it was a great 2nd half. I missed most of the 1st half...but from what I heard, it wasn't that good of a first half anyways.

Long Live Klose.

Time For Paul, The Octopus To Get Barbecued.

. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ERFlhtQ6bg

Edited by sirchai

The victory over Portugal made the Germans think they are the greatest.

The penalty was not justified and then they had the advantage to play against a team of ten.

It's been all too favourable for the Germans who often tend to underestimate their opponents.

In the beginning of this Ghana match they have played a boring "Standing Football", keeping the ball in their own half.

Hope this had been an eye opener for the Germans. Won't be easy against USA.

They should remember: "Everyone is cooking with water only."

Edited by maximillian

methinks some of you'all read too much cerebral stuff in to the players and teams. Let's not forget, as much as anything else, they're young guys who are jazzed to be in Brazil playing on the world stage, and they're trying to win games - oh, and get a lot of money, and get laid by the hottest chicks - also. I guess it's too late for me to turn back the hands of time. Maybe we can start a league for old farts, and call it the Vericose League. They've got wheelchair basketball, why not wheelchair football (maybe it already exists?). I'm in, if the chicks are hot and not wider than they are tall.

The penalty was not justified and then they had the advantage to play against a team of ten.

It's been all too favourable for the Germans who often tend to underestimate their opponents.

In the beginning of this Ghana match they have played a boring "Standing Football", keeping the ball in their own half.

You've probably just done more trash talking then Germany has done in all the World Cups put together lol. You seem very biased or anti German for some reason.

Ghana is a pretty good team. Great speed. They will give a lot of teams trouble. However I do think the Germans were fatigued by the speed of Ghana and the oppressive heat. Germany should still be considered one of the European favorites.

Edited by losworld

You are not a disgruntled ex Emperor by any chance.rolleyes.gif

Another terrific game in this excellent World Cup. Ghana missed a few good chances to go 3-1 up. Nearly all the pre tournament favorites have had their cages rattled by unrated sides.

yeah it's been fantastic so far hasn't it? so unpredictable. some supposed unfancied nations have been terrific to watch and got surprise results, the general effort and entertainment levels have been a joy. fingers crossed teams don't go all conservative and afraid to lose once we get into the knockout rounds.