Non-B visa from Retirement extension

Does anyone knows if you can change a retirement extension back to a Non-B Visa.

I used to have a Non-B visa but after I stopped worked, I got myself a 1 year retirement extension, now I will start work again, so need a Non-B again.

Or do I need to leave the country, and get myself a Tourist Visa and change that to Non-B ?

Any ideas?

Whether you would need to go out to get a tourist visa or not would depend upon the application for a work permit application is accepted or not with your extension based upon retirement.

If not it would mean going out for a tourist visa to do the application. If you were teaching you could go out for the non-b without the work permit application being done.

Whether you would need to go out to get a tourist visa or not would depend upon the application for a work permit application is accepted or not with your extension based upon retirement.

If not it would mean going out for a tourist visa to do the application. If you were teaching you could go out for the non-b without the work permit application being done.

So it is not possible to get a WP on a retirement visa but one may possibly be granted a WP if one is on a retirement extension?

So it is not possible to get a WP on a retirement visa but one may possibly be granted a WP if one is on a retirement extension?

I wrote nothing about the work permit being issued. I only wrote about it being applied for.

If if was accepted and approved he would have to go out for a non-b visa in order for the work permit to be issued.

• Like 1

I wrote nothing about the work permit being issued. I only wrote about it being applied for.

If if was accepted and approved he would have to go out for a non-b visa in order for the work permit to be issued.

Ah... claro. The visa is still the sole enabler when it comes to immigration status.

• 1 year later...

Sorry looking for U Joe,

Tried to PM you but it bounced with error message and numbers on top.

Just wanted to double check.. on these situations

1. Marriage Visa (All requirement fulfilled, yellow book, 800 K, photos.. ) allows you (male) to live in Thailand only.

2. Retirement Visa( All requirements, same 800K , in 6 months) allows you to stay in Thailand..

3. Both marriage and retirement visas do not allow you to work.

4. Currently I have the Non B visa and work permit.. have gone through this processing for over ten years. I will turn 60 this year and the school will not renew my contract.. They offered to keep me as a special lecturer at 1000 hour.. Told them that is not possible.

(Tricky part) I would like to stay in Thailand as a teacher, thus keeping the Non B visa status and work permit procedures..

Each school is different, therefore, just find the school that does not have the 60 age restriction and I'm back in the saddle.

Cheers Rhys

You can get work permit an work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage. The financial requirements for an extension of stay based upon marriage is 400k baht in the bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You can use the income from working to get an extension if your income is 40k baht or more.

There is no minimum salary requirement to get an extension based upon teaching.

You can get work permit an work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage. The financial requirements for an extension of stay based upon marriage is 400k baht in the bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. You can use the income from working to get an extension if your income is 40k baht or more.

There is no minimum salary requirement to get an extension based upon teaching.

U joe,

Thanks for responding with the information. I was not aware requirement profile of your last sentence.

Moving forward... Still would like to keep active teaching for a little while maybe 2-4 years..

Cheers