Business partner for ristobar opening

suppaman

After a (vain) long search for a job in Thailand, I've decided to open my own business, and so I'm looking for a business partner who can help me with some money and his active cooperation (it is very welcomed any experience in the horeca sector).

I have a complete furniture (almost new and in perfect condition) of a Italian ristobar, including a stainless steel kitchen, two bar counters, several tables with chairs, professional coffee machine etc.

My will is to open this activity in the city of Surin, for thai (young) customers.

It is not possible for me now to give a detailed business plan, because many decisions have to be made together with the partner, but the expected investment should be not over 2 millions bath.

From my side, as stated above, I can partecipate with the whole furniture set (with a value of around 4 millions bath), with some money and with some experience.

Thanks.

PS Sorry for my poor English but I am Italian mother tongue.

Right. If you want to live in Thailand, you either have to be sent here by an international company or organisation, or have to bring a suitcase full of money. Do you have an idea how many hundreds of Westerners are in the same situation as you?

Good luck teaching English, which most people in your situation end up doing, whether their English is good or not.

ThaiVisa does have a teacher's forum.

Right. If you want to live in Thailand, you either have to be sent here by an international company or organisation, or have to bring a suitcase full of money. Do you have an idea how many hundreds of Westerners are in the same situation as you?

Good luck teaching English, which most people in your situation end up doing, whether their English is good or not.

ThaiVisa does have a teacher's forum.

Please, forgive my dumbness but I don't understand the meaning of your answer....can you enlighten me starting from your personal experience in Thailand?

Edited by suppaman

You have no money, no business plan, not enough experience in anything (apparently not even the horeca business) and ask on a public forum for peope who don't know you to invest THB 2 million with you.

Sure, this sounds like a realistic request.

Sent from my A 8+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You have no money, no business plan, not enough experience in anything (apparently not even the horeca business) and ask on a public forum for peope who don't know you to invest THB 2 million with you.

Sure, this sounds like a realistic request.

Sent from my A 8+ using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I must have wrote my request in a very bad English.

I wrote that I do not have a DETAILED business plan, because some decision (important) must be made together with the partner, so for now I can give only generic references.

I wrote that the expected investment should be not over 2 million bath, not that I am asking for 2 million bath, why are you assuming that I have no money?

And why are you assuming that I have no experience in anything?

Anyway please don't waste your time replying if you are not interested.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a complete furniture (almost new and in perfect condition) of a Italian ristobar, including a stainless steel kitchen, two bar counters, several tables with chairs, professional coffee machine etc.

I wonder if that furniture is in Thailand already or still in Italy.

Again, sorry for my bad English, and I will try to explain a little better here following:

- the furnitures are already in my possession, they are located in Italy, BUT transport was at my own cost
- I gave the quotation of the furnitures only as reference, I did not intend in any way ask money to the partner for the furnitures
- the two millions bath included not only the costs for the refurbishment of the building, but also the whole coverage for the start up

Any way in the end I decided to open the business by myself, because I freed up some other investment, so forgive if my reply is not exhaustive.

Again, sorry for my bad English, and I will try to explain a little better here following:

- the furnitures are already in my possession, they are located in Italy, BUT transport was at my own cost

- I gave the quotation of the furnitures only as reference, I did not intend in any way ask money to the partner for the furnitures

- the two millions bath included not only the costs for the refurbishment of the building, but also the whole coverage for the start up

Any way in the end I decided to open the business by myself, because I freed up some other investment, so forgive if my reply is not exhaustive.

Good luck bringing in the furniture, you gonna need it. The good luck i mean.