Bankers draft - kbank?

Yes, you can have a bank draft issued at any KBank branch without any problems and it can be cashed anywhere in the country and at any bank.

The fee for a bank draft in local currency is 20 THB.

You need to bring your passport.

Actually above is wrong information.

A Cashiers check has a fee of 20 baht ( for any amount). Yes it can be cleared at any Bank in the country, but if it's out of the issuing banks region, then there is a charge imposed when cashing or clearing into an account. So a Cashiers check is better within the same region.

A Bank Draft has fees when you purchase (ie: 1000 baht per million baht purchased), but it can be cleared without charge/fees at any bank in the country.

REMEMBER both type of checks are liable to take at least 4 days to clear out of the issuing banks region, but immediately/same day within region.

Hope that helps you.

Edited by thainet
  • Like 1

Thank you both.
The draft is for the same region.
Not quite sure of the difference between a bankers draft and cashiers check.
Would you be able to explain the difference to me please?
I want the person i am giving the cheque to, to be assured that it is the equivelent of cash..as in guarenteed payment.
Many thanks again for help in this.

Yes, you can have a bank draft issued at any KBank branch without any problems and it can be cashed anywhere in the country and at any bank.

A Cashiers check has a fee of 20 baht ( for any amount). Yes it can be cleared at any Bank in the country, but if it's out of the issuing banks region, then there is a charge imposed when cashing or clearing into an account. So a Cashiers check is better within the same region.

A Bank Draft has fees when you purchase (ie: 1000 baht per million baht purchased), but it can be cleared without charge/fees at any bank in the country.

REMEMBER both type of checks are liable to take at least 4 days to clear out of the issuing banks region, but immediately/same day within region.

Hope that helps you.

I actually requested issuance of a bank draft at my local bank in Bangkok just a few days ago, and the fee was 20 Baht. It even said - in Thai script, of course - "draft" on both the cheque proper and the receipt. The instrument has in the meantime been cashed upcountry at a different bank than that where I originally purchased it here in the capital, and there were no clearing charges whatsoever incurred by the recipient of the funds.

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hope that helps you.

I actually requested issuance of a bank draft at my local bank in Bangkok just a few days ago, and the fee was 20 Baht. It even said - in Thai script, of course - "draft" on both the cheque proper and the receipt. The instrument has in the meantime been cashed upcountry at a different bank than that where I originally purchased it here in the capital, and there were no clearing charges whatsoever incurred by the recipient of the funds.

Hello,

Which bank gave you a draft for 20 thb ?

The fee is 1000 baht for 1 million at Kasikorn (cashier or draft) and the only difference between draft and cashier is who pay the fee:

draft: the one who issue it pay the fee

cashier cheque: the one who receive it pay the fee

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hope that helps you.

Hello,

I think what you are saying is right but Misterwhisper got it wrong.

So if we do not want to pay more than 20 baht fee we have to issue a cashier cheque in the same province.

I wonder why some people use draft, even in the same province when cashier cheques are almost free ? Is a draft more secure?

Thanks.

• 3 years later...
On 7/30/2014 at 8:05 PM, thairastawoman said:

Hello,

I think what you are saying is right but Misterwhisper got it wrong.

So if we do not want to pay more than 20 baht fee we have to issue a cashier cheque in the same province.

I wonder why some people use draft, even in the same province when cashier cheques are almost free ? Is a draft more secure?

Thanks.

Money is blocked with draft, not with cashier cheque that can be canceled.