US downgrade move 'wrong'

Lite Beer

these people are the reason Thailand is in such a corrupt mess, they basically see no wrong in SLAVERY, prostitution, child abuse or money under the table.... the list goes on but all Thais ever do is Deny; like spoilt little children..but forget the evil deeds they do in the name of money ...Thais re-inventing buddism

If we take out the word Thailand

we are describing the United States

and which country in the world put slavery on the map

a culture that set American again American

he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones

One word describes this post "idiot" The US put slavery on the map? Really considering slavery is older than society itself. Yes the US had slavery but so did most of the Americas and it was much more brutal in the former British,Spanish and Portuguese colonies. You may notice they do not get the same "poor us" sympathy from their government because you can't squeeze blood from a stone. If you are talking about the Civil war it was not about slavery it was about succession. Slavery only came into at the end of the war to cause further problems for the south. Oddly enough you also fail to understand the Barbary pirates enslaved millions of Europeans. But I digress something tells me if America created free energy for all your European animus would still find a fault. Get the <deleted> over it, we are at least doing something about the problem in Thailand and it seems to be a lot more than your European countries are doing. Just like the Ukraine when it comes to solving Europes problem by spending US dollars you think its an entitlement owed to Europe instead of solving your own "regional" problems.

sorry and you point is ?

If you had read my post you would seen I said Thailand is under new orders so give them the time to fix the problem

so why are you defending the USA putting down Thailand ????

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deny yes

but is it not the USA who are in denial here

They are complaining about the last 4 years of the Thailand government not doing any thing about this problem

yet they are against this bad government being removed

To me it is typical USA so called democracy where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing

Before the go with verbal BS

How about they give the new ruling body a chance first

constructive criticism is what Thailand needs to help it

Not complaints about a government that is no longer in power

I am surprise that you did not suggest That US send Thailand 200 billion dollars each year to him with reform

The US is rich and will only waste it on weapons

sorry you have lost me

you comments have no basis to my posting

I want Thailand to have a chance under the new orders to fix the problem

and you ramble on about the USA giving us 200 billion dollars

Sorry you point is ?????

these people are the reason Thailand is in such a corrupt mess, they basically see no wrong in SLAVERY, prostitution, child abuse or money under the table.... the list goes on but all Thais ever do is Deny; like spoilt little children..but forget the evil deeds they do in the name of money ...Thais re-inventing buddism

If we take out the word Thailand

we are describing the United States

and which country in the world put slavery on the map

a culture that set American again American

he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones

Tezza.. I believe you're in Italian by birth, that would make you a descendant of the Romans, who enforced slavery in all countries they conquered!!

You're right, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, so drop the rocks, and go and study a little bit more about slavery and you might just find out that Europeans were heavily into slave trading and slavery well before the Pilgrims set foot on what is now America.. you listen to your wife too much!!

Furthermore, Thailand was one of the last countries in the world to "formally" abolish slavery in 1912. Of course Thais do not like to talk about that.

Although formally abolished, it continued in the guise of Khon Chai. Most of the former slaves (Khmer, Karen people and other minorities) were retained, legally, by the former masters without payment for their services.

Khon Chai in vernacular Thai was understood as a servant who would do anything the owner asked. Anything.

As for the nowadays USA, the British and French were the importers of slaves from Africa. Arab traders were the suppliers of slaves to the French and British traders. The slaves provenance was the result of inter-tribal warfare and instead of executing the prisoners (as it was the MO de rigour, the Arabs began bartering with the victor chieftains. Trinkets, metal tools for slaves.

Tezzain Oz ......... is italian

Please give me a glass of what ever you have been drinking

Deny yes

They are complaining about the last 4 years of the Thailand government not doing any thing about this problem

To me it is typical USA so called democracy where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing

I am surprise that you did not suggest That US send Thailand 200 billion dollars each year to him with reform

sorry you have lost me

Sorry you point is ?????

I am sorry for you if you do not understand

Study English maybe you will understand

Forgive me for presuming you were Italian, I thought I had read that elsewhere, but you're not a naturalised English speaker though either, if the Oz is referring to you being A, in Australia, or B ARE Australian, then you of all people should be well aware of slavery and the scandals of the kids sent there from the UK, and the treatment of the natives by the immigrants who arrived there from overseas!!

Now lets get back to what YOU said, and claimed shall we?

and which country in the world put slavery on the map a culture that set American again American

Nope, wrong, Slavery has been going on since the dawn of time, it's not an American trend by no means, so you were wrong in your statement, just like I was wrong to believe you were Italian ;)

You want some of that stuff I was drinking? :D

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

From the article: "Moreover, it was not right for a country to evaluate others based on its own standards, he added."

Thats an interesting twist.

Yeah, it's very revealing. The report is issued by the US Government. It being their report it's their evaluation and their standards. But this isn't fair. It isn't fair because there is NO standard that can be seen to be fair unless it shows that Thailand has done a good job in regard to human trafficking. Any fair standard necessarily shows Thailand in a good light. Any standard that shows Thailand in a bad light is by definition unfair. This is because by definition Thailand is fair, and anyone saying otherwise is either an idiot or just doesn't understand Thailand, Thais and Thai Culture which, to reiterate, is by definition fair. OK?

Here's the other thing that's interesting and nausiatiingly revealing. Notice how ALL of the concern and hand wringing is over how Thailand is perceived and how that perception is wrong and unfair, and NONE of it is over the reality of human trafficking in the country and how THAT is wrong and unfair. How UNFAIR to point this out. I should be ashamed of myself.

• Like 2

It is the UN Thailand should answer too... not America, I am very much aware of American double standards.

Yes, there are problems that need addressing:

• Slave labour on fishing boats
  • Exploited immigrant labour
  • Child prostitution
  • And I think the Bar Fine/monthly quota comes under the "Human Trafficking" a practice in many bars including some with American owners and customers.

Thais sending "teams" of executives to the US is a waste and not to be believed. Thais should expense US inspectors for a show around of the Thai shrimp factories and plants to see for themselves if Thais are cleaning up. They are not.

Thai officials, and their wives, will grab any excuse to go on an all expenses paid ' chopping ' trip.

Sorry to burst your bubble

This is no longer allowed in Thailand

but in countries like Australia and America it is way over the top

People who live in glass houses

Let's see now,

Burst your bubble,,,check,

Over the top...check,

Glass houses...check.

There is a prize for three trite expressions in a very short post, and you win.

"My point is Tier 3, as described [by the US], are the countries that put in no effort. We did. We have the figures. It's not right to say we did nothing," he said.

Don't Thai to me....

Nobody actually said Thailand has done nothing, not even the US.

What was said is that what has been done by Thailand is nowhere near or remotely up to scrach, based upon worldwide standards, not only US standards.

It's ok for the important man to quote figures of 200 arrested, including 30 corrupt officials, but the reality is in the many thousands, if not tens of thousands involved.

Maybe this will just be the wake up call Thailand needs, now that it is recognised in this field as on a par with North Korea. wink.png

Lets hope so, the only time Thailand ever get with the program is when its all about the money. You can bet btw that Thailand up until now has been doing as little as possible and since the Thai Navy has been directly involved with trafficking complicit...

BTW no one from the Navy will ever be charged, if it were serious people would have been made an example of there and the reporters court case dropped..

Sorry but it amounts to doing nothing if one part of authority is doing something whilst the other side is actually practising it.

The human trafficking dialogue is too infected by activists. NGOs have their snouts in the aid trough, radical feminists want volunteer hookers to be considered trafficked - no you didn't have to put out because 'they had your passport'. Tell Obama to get stuffed and clean up his own backyard.

Deny yes

sorry you have lost me

Sorry you point is ?????

I am sorry for you if you do not understand

Study English maybe you will understand

I think he doesn't understand part of Thainess, as in 'send us money'.

"Thailand had taken up more than 400 cases involving human trafficking violations and more than 200 people had been prosecuted. At least 30 corrupt officials had been prosecuted."

And how many convictions? And if there happened to be a conviction, what sentence was given?

To their credit, they didn't directly use that old phrase "peculiar institution" which was used by Southern US to explain slavery.

"However, he believed other factors were considered by the US, including the problem of law enforcement in the fisheries industry and the cases of Rohingya illegally coming to work in Thailand and being considered part of the human trafficking problem."

A genius observation. I wonder if his mamma had any children that lived?

Argue as they may, the fact is that Thailand has a major human trafficking problem ... and has know about it for a long time. Fortunately it seems from the recent tangible signs of true reform being demonstrated by the current junta, that the time has now come to deal with this despicable problem once and for all. I hope.

"Thailand had taken up more than 400 cases involving human trafficking violations and more than 200 people had been prosecuted. At least 30 corrupt officials had been prosecuted."

And how many convictions? And if there happened to be a conviction, what sentence was given?

To their credit, they didn't directly use that old phrase "peculiar institution" which was used by Southern US to explain slavery.

"However, he believed other factors were considered by the US, including the problem of law enforcement in the fisheries industry and the cases of Rohingya illegally coming to work in Thailand and being considered part of the human trafficking problem."

A genius observation. I wonder if his mamma had any children that lived?

what military officials that are involved have been prosecuted by the current junta?

I doubt not a single one as the Junta will be turning a blind eye to their full on involvement in this serious inhumane action. If the Junta are really serious about cleaning up Thailand then they will definitely start cleaning up themselves in relation to human trafficking and slave labour as they are the key offenders.

Nothing will happen as the military are making millions in the sales of human flesh. Ask the Navy

Edited by chooka
  • Like 2

Thailand organizations have repeatedly sued anyone who suggests it supports human trafficking. So to uphold its innocence this might be the time that Thailand sues the US for defamation and libel since the US is beyond understanding Thailand's greatest efforts to stop human trafficking in and out of the country. Or better yet, arrest the US Ambassador as being responsible for such criminal behavior in slandering Thailand and close down the embassy. Thailand is completely self-contained and is not accountable to any country for its soverneign behavior. Or is it?

Moreover, it was not right for a country to evaluate others based on its own standards, he added.

"The US should stop using such unilateral evaluations," he said, adding that the US should also review its stance towards Thailand.

The US has reviewed its stance toward Thailand using its own standards and has started to publish its revised stance. Unfortunately, it seems, Thailand does not like the revised stance.

• Like 1

I find it humorous that anyone, anywhere gives a ratz arse about what the US likes or dislikes, given the US track record on human rights, privacy, interference with the rule of sovereign nations, honesty, etc..........

• Like 1

Argue as they may, the fact is that Thailand has a major human trafficking problem ... and has know about it for a long time. Fortunately it seems from the recent tangible signs of true reform being demonstrated by the current junta, that the time has now come to deal with this despicable problem once and for all. I hope.

The human trafficking thing is run by the Junta. They aren't going to do anything to cut off their income and the new ferrais for the kids. The Junta/ Navy are the key operators

However, officials said Thailand would continue to improve its methods in preventing and suppressing human trafficking.

Continue to improve ??

I must miss something here, but if you're downgrade on every revision, doesn't that mean you've never STARTED to improve ?

Maybe the honorable gentleman can produce a list of arrests and convictions....

If will be a cold day in hell when we start to see commanders' heads rolling for any trangression, much less for human trafficking. Professional loyalty trumps transparency in the armies of the world- especially when

they are running the government.

Anyone aware of any army anywhere which has investigated itself, feel free to refute this axiom! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The human trafficking dialogue is too infected by activists. NGOs have their snouts in the aid trough, radical feminists want volunteer hookers to be considered trafficked - no you didn't have to put out because 'they had your passport'. Tell Obama to get stuffed and clean up his own backyard.

If you want. I can take you to see trafficked hill tribe girls working in brothels placed all around the ring roads of CM.

The places are easy to spot, fairy lights all over them.

Inside are Ahka girls (and other tribal girls) who were placed there by Thai police.

There is a big trade run by the police between CR and CM.

Then we could talk about the trafficked Burmese migrant workers, run from the Mae Sot camp crossing, again mainly by Thai police.

You really don't need NGOs to see or tell you about these people, you can see police transports full driving all around the roads.

You can visit the camp at Mae Sot yourself, you can visit the brothels and bars on the ring roads.

I really haven't seen American police doing similar things, and I've lived in some right nasty places in the USA.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Question for all the Americans here.

What country have you intentionally helped since Japan?

This is the same country that supported Thaksin and Yingliuck and all the crime and problems they committed in this country but just because the army finally decides that it is time to get serious about fixing Thailand and i think they are on the right track the US says they are bad people.

I guess Al Malaki and Karsai are great gods then.

This is the same country that allows illegal immigrants to stream across it's borders so that they can be employed at sub par wages as bus boys, maids and sweatshop labour.

That pick the fruit on the california farms.

Black slave labour was at one point one of the biggest money making jobs in the US.

I agree that there is a problem here. My opposition to the US spouting about it is the fact that they have no track record to stand on.

They have a 2 tour of duty vet sitting in a Mexican Hell Hole because he took a wrong turn and what are they doing about it NOTHING.

They have thousand of kids streaming across their border to gain illegal allowance into the country to become probably more cheap labour in hotels and sweat shops and what are they doing about it NOTHING.

This is the same country where the banks with government approval give you a loan that they know you can not afford and that you can not repay.

Aw heck i could go on and on but let's suffice to say.

That unless you have a perfect life the lat thing you should do is b!tch about the neighbors

I am sorry I have many freinds and enjoyed going across the border to socialise but the one thing i have never understood is the American we are the best just live like we do.

It is the US that made Justin bieber. Thank god the Canadian womans hockey team won.

Question for all the Americans here.

What country have you intentionally helped since Japan?

This is the same country that supported Thaksin and Yingliuck and all the crime and problems they committed in this country but just because the army finally decides that it is time to get serious about fixing Thailand and i think they are on the right track the US says they are bad people.

I guess Al Malaki and Karsai are great gods then.

This is the same country that allows illegal immigrants to stream across it's borders so that they can be employed at sub par wages as bus boys, maids and sweatshop labour.

That pick the fruit on the california farms.

Black slave labour was at one point one of the biggest money making jobs in the US.

I agree that there is a problem here. My opposition to the US spouting about it is the fact that they have no track record to stand on.

They have a 2 tour of duty vet sitting in a Mexican Hell Hole because he took a wrong turn and what are they doing about it NOTHING.

They have thousand of kids streaming across their border to gain illegal allowance into the country to become probably more cheap labour in hotels and sweat shops and what are they doing about it NOTHING.

This is the same country where the banks with government approval give you a loan that they know you can not afford and that you can not repay.

Aw heck i could go on and on but let's suffice to say.

That unless you have a perfect life the lat thing you should do is b!tch about the neighbors

I am sorry I have many freinds and enjoyed going across the border to socialise but the one thing i have never understood is the American we are the best just live like we do.

It is the US that made Justin bieber. Thank god the Canadian womans hockey team won.

First time car buyer loans?