Food producers to act on US downgrade

Lite Beer

Sounds like the Bullshit Brigade are going on mass to the US. Would it not be far more productive to stay here and actually fix the cause rather than flying of to the USA to spread the same line of crap that they have been doing for years. The recent downgrade is proof positive that this nation has only played lip service to the American and European customer base.. The chicken has come home to roost.

"The US Trafficking in Persons Report [TIP] has created a bad reputation for Thai food industries,"

Typical Thai reaction. Nobody else than the Thais themselves have created a bad reputation for the Thai food industry and Thailand. The downgrade is more than well deserved.But instead of starting to accept responsibility and taking action it is the usual "we have to avoid loss of face"

If you had watched TV on Friday night you would see that Prayuth has undertaken to tackle this problem. He didn't look like a man that was losing face. He very clearly stated that there were corrupt officials on both sides of the borders, and that the problem had been exacerbated by the minimum daily wage law which resulted in a huge increase in people smuggling.

We shall see what happens with the shrimping boats and trash fish boats, but I am still optimistic.

I haven't seen Gen P. on the TV but I know that talk is cheap, especially in Thailand. When he really is serious about tackling the problem, why he not start with withdrawing the case against Reuters and the 2 journalists from Pukhetwan? He is the commanding general and can order it. Or do you believe he has evidence proving Reuters wrong? Why the army is not more open about every action concerning the mass exodus of the Cambodians? There were news about beatings by soldiers and 9 deaths? When this changes and the Army confess that some of their own are involved in the slave trade and exploitation of foreign workers then I happily admit that he is serious about the whole problem. Till then "typical Thai reaction".

I think withdrawing that case, brought by the Navy of all people (or institutions), would be a major step forward in the eyes of the world.

• Like 1

"The US Trafficking in Persons Report [TIP] has created a bad reputation for Thai food industries,"

Typical Thai reaction. Nobody else than the Thais themselves have created a bad reputation for the Thai food industry and Thailand. The downgrade is more than well deserved.But instead of starting to accept responsibility and taking action it is the usual "we have to avoid loss of face"

'...it is the usual "we have to avoid loss of face"'

dead+horse.jpg

I think you mean it's usual on Thai Visa to believe everything in Thailand or Asia is predicated upon avoiding loss of face.

The loss of life, damage to property and lunatic violence that takes place in the west, or in other parts of the world at the hands of westerners, due to loss of face far exceeds making simple statements like this one.

The TIP report does impact Thailand's reputation. The reason the report was issued is or may be because of the actions of some people in Thailand, but the fact remains that the report did cause reputational damage to Thailand.

Constantly harping on this farang fetish over "loss of face" deflects attention from the issue at hand. If loss of face is what you consider the main focus and its use really bothers you, then do something to stop the primary school shootings and work-related shootings and drive by shootings and campus shootings and hostage takings and bomb threats from all the whackos in the west who have a grievance over their loss of face ... and hold people like Bush and Blair responsible for their mass murders all instigated in a vain attempt to save face for one reason or another. Read about the sequence of events that kicked off World War I if you really want to see what happens when loss of face motivates farangs into acting.

• Like 1

'...it is the usual "we have to avoid loss of face"'

dead+horse.jpg

I think you mean it's usual on Thai Visa to believe everything in Thailand or Asia is predicated upon avoiding loss of face.

The loss of life, damage to property and lunatic violence that takes place in the west, or in other parts of the world at the hands of westerners, due to loss of face far exceeds making simple statements like this one.

The TIP report does impact Thailand's reputation. The reason the report was issued is or may be because of the actions of some people in Thailand, but the fact remains that the report did cause reputational damage to Thailand.

Constantly harping on this farang fetish over "loss of face" deflects attention from the issue at hand. If loss of face is what you consider the main focus and its use really bothers you, then do something to stop the primary school shootings and work-related shootings and drive by shootings and campus shootings and hostage takings and bomb threats from all the whackos in the west who have a grievance over their loss of face ... and hold people like Bush and Blair responsible for their mass murders all instigated in a vain attempt to save face for one reason or another. Read about the sequence of events that kicked off World War I if you really want to see what happens when loss of face motivates farangs into acting.

Sure it is damaging the reputation of Thailand and how they deal with it is "typical" Thai and has nothing to do with TV or WW1 . Please explain the relevance of drive by shootings or any other shootings you mentioned.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

If you had watched TV on Friday night you would see that Prayuth has undertaken to tackle this problem. He didn't look like a man that was losing face. He very clearly stated that there were corrupt officials on both sides of the borders, and that the problem had been exacerbated by the minimum daily wage law which resulted in a huge increase in people smuggling.

We shall see what happens with the shrimping boats and trash fish boats, but I am still optimistic.

I haven't seen Gen P. on the TV but I know that talk is cheap, especially in Thailand. When he really is serious about tackling the problem, why he not start with withdrawing the case against Reuters and the 2 journalists from Pukhetwan? He is the commanding general and can order it. Or do you believe he has evidence proving Reuters wrong? Why the army is not more open about every action concerning the mass exodus of the Cambodians? There were news about beatings by soldiers and 9 deaths? When this changes and the Army confess that some of their own are involved in the slave trade and exploitation of foreign workers then I happily admit that he is serious about the whole problem. Till then "typical Thai reaction".

I think withdrawing that case, brought by the Navy of all people (or institutions), would be a major step forward in the eyes of the world.

Well it just happened. I suppose that being cynical about everything is a badge of pride on TV

The slavery in the business won't be found at Thai factories or shrimp farms. It will be found on fishing fleets that catch the food for the shrimp farms.

Of course the Thais will invite inspection of the factories.

• Like 1

The slavery in the business won't be found at Thai factories or shrimp farms. It will be found on fishing fleets that catch the food for the shrimp farms.

Of course the Thais will invite inspection of the factories.

It's amezing idea . I agree with you !!!!