An amusing Thainess moment, got any?

ppmacready

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first brought my thai wife to australia, I took her to chinatown in sydney, thai food shops, & also darling harbour,In the world famous sydney aquarium we were enjoying the exhibits when here in the display tank was a massive mangrove crab, wife asks what he eat?To which I reply ( after reading label crustaceans) he eat prawns & oysters, To which she replies WOW, he eat expensive.!!!

cracked me up!cheesy.gif

regards songhklasid.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I agree, having a very good sense of humour is a must to enjoy life in Thailand.
You just can't sweat the small stuff.
A few weeks ago I went to my local restaurant and ordered breakfast No1, eggs any style they can manage and a cup of tea.
Ive been ordering the same breakfast for 8 years there.
The bosses wife took the order and gave me mixed vegetables with chicken.
It made a pleasant change!

The eggs were 'hatched' what's the problem?

Did you get the tea?

But now we still don't know what came first.........the chicken or the egg......sad.png

We play baseball/softball here in CM......when it rains there are small pockets of water that form like a dimple in the field......I showed up to play and the Thai players were all over the field hunkered down and moving from place to place very busy.

I couldn't figure out what is was they were doing and first thought they were pulling weeds?????? I get out there and each one had a bucket or sawed off plastic container made from a bottle........and - each had a sponge and were dutifully sponging the water out of the dimples/pockets around the field and using the buckets to cart it off.......

On the flip side when there is a lively discussion during/about the game and whether a run should have scored or how many bases we all join in the fray - except for the Thai guys that gather together to watch......they just smile and shake their heads - farangs.......

Dragging the infield - Thai style......

post-114384-0-60877400-1403766752_thumb.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I agree, having a very good sense of humour is a must to enjoy life in Thailand.

You just can't sweat the small stuff.

A few weeks ago I went to my local restaurant and ordered breakfast No1, eggs any style they can manage and a cup of tea.

Ive been ordering the same breakfast for 8 years there.

The bosses wife took the order and gave me mixed vegetables with chicken.

It made a pleasant change!

The eggs were 'hatched' what's the problem?

Did you get the tea?

But now we still don't know what came first.........the chicken or the egg......sad.png

Scientifically they conclude the egg.

I'm getting married in a week. I went to a tailor shop several weeks ago to have a suit made. They were very enthusiastic about my big day. We took the measurements, discussed style, and settled on a price and delivery date.

On the delivery date, I went to pick up my suit. The woman at the shop informed me that she wanted to take the measurements again because she was unsure if the original ones were correct. They had taken no action in the time elapsed. I was, of course, flabbergasted.

Mind you, this shop had my telephone number and the telephone number of my fiance and could have called at any time with our full cooperation.

It is now too late to make the situation right. To make matters worse, they insisted on keeping the deposit. It was a battle to get it back.

I had been so pleased with their initial customer service quality. I am a regular customer of tailors but recently moved to a new city.

Thai people give themselves a lot of credit for being friendly, smiling, and considerate of others. But smiling is not the only thing that matters.

Edited by mrjohndub

I'm getting married in a week. I went to a tailor shop several weeks ago to have a suit made. They were very enthusiastic about my big day. We took the measurements, discussed style, and settled on a price and delivery date.

On the delivery date, I went to pick up my suit. The woman at the shop informed me that she wanted to take the measurements again because she was unsure if the original ones were correct. They had taken no action in the time elapsed. I was, of course, flabbergasted.

Mind you, this shop had my telephone number and the telephone number of my fiance and could have called at any time with our full cooperation.

It is now too late to make the situation right. To make matters worse, they insisted on keeping the deposit. It was a battle to get it back.

I had been so pleased with their initial customer service quality. I am a regular customer of tailors but recently moved to a new city.

Thai people give themselves a lot of credit for being friendly, smiling, and considerate of others. But smiling is not the only thing that matters.

That should really be on a new thread un amusing Thainess story's.

Trolls would have a field day though.

Tell me about it.

Im having 'a car' (can't say which type cos it sets the trolls of) restored

And I was told 6 months.

1 year 3 months later, it should once again have been finished yesterday!

You need a good sense of humour to live here happily.