Police say several violent incidents linked to UDD

Lite Beer

I just sent a complaint to BBC online. They indicated they would respond to me. We shall see.

You could have at least shared it with us. I for one would have liked to see your complaint

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bbc's Jonathan head seems to think not, articles a bit old but it gets the point a x http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27735992

The BBC's Jonathan Head isn't so much a red shirt sympathizer as an out and out red shirt supporter His coverage of the PDRC protests and marches was at best sarcastic, jaded, uninterested and on occasion out and out lies ( the second report from Udon Thani in which he interviewed that woman and what she said was an absolute lie ) he literally has to travel to a back of nowhere swamp in Udon to find anybody who shares his opinions and then proceeds to give mist eyed, hand wringing coverage of red shirt issues. Bearing in mind what is happening right now to proper journalists in Cairo he should be counting his lucky stars he still works in Thailand.

His reporting beggars belief. But, unless people complain to the BBC and maybe even their MP, it will simply continue.

I just sent a complaint to BBC online. They indicated they would respond to me. We shall see.

Received the following response from BBC this morning.

[email protected] Dear --------- Reference CAS-2776417-4YZGD1 Thank you for contacting us regarding the BBC’s coverage of Thailand politics. We understand you feel that Jonathan Head is biased and glorifies the former g

To --------------------------
Today at 1:25 AM

Dear ---------

Reference CAS-2776417-4YZGD1

Thank you for contacting us regarding the BBC’s coverage of Thailand politics.

We understand you feel that Jonathan Head is biased and glorifies the former government of Thailand and the UDD.

BBC journalists are well aware of our commitment to impartial reporting. They are expected to put their own political views to one side when carrying out their work for the BBC. They seek to provide the information which will enable viewers and listeners to make up their own minds; to show the political reality and provide the forum for debate, giving full opportunity for all viewpoints to be heard.

Thank you again for contacting us, we value your feedback about our reporting of events in Thailand. All complaints are sent to senior management every morning and we included your points in this overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensure your complaint is seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future programmes.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

David Glenday

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

haha. Just tried to get the UDD principles off the redhshirt web page. It has been shut down and none to soon either. Terrorist websites will be closely watched by the DRT now.

Anyway, I was looking it up to highlight principle #6. Not to fear I know the 6 UDD principles off by heart so I can remember every time the UDD break them.

Principles #6 - "Using exclusively non-violent means to achieve these objectives"

It should read, "Using exclusively non-violent means to achieve these objectives and never get caught if we do"

UDD Fail!