Thai Health Bureau records 459 deaths from pneumonia all over the country

webfact

Epidemiology Bureau records 459 deaths from pneumonia all over the country

BANGKOK, 23 June 2014 (NNT) –The Bureau of Epidemiology has revealed that there have been 459 deaths while another 87,000 patients suffered from pneumonia in Thailand this year.

Pneumonia often occurs in the elderly and amongst children during August to September. Patients should be taken to see a doctor if a cold persists for 3 days.

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health said it rains very frequently at this time of year, creating high humidity which affects those who are in poor health or have low immunity. The illness most often found is pneumonia which occurs in both the elderly and children below five years of age.

People are advised to keep the patient's body warm, and to dry off immediately after getting wet.

Elders aged over 65, children aged 6 months to 2 years old, women more than 4 months pregnant and patients with chronic illness are regarded as the risk group for illness.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-23 footer_n.gif

My daughter got pneumonia during July a couple of years ago after we sent her to a savage school for summer break to learn to speak, read and write Thai. Never again. My colleague's boy also got pneumonia twice from a local kindergarten.

My daughter got pneumonia during July a couple of years ago after we sent her to a savage school for summer break to learn to speak, read and write Thai. Never again. My colleague's boy also got pneumonia twice from a local kindergarten.

What is a 'savage' school?

What is a 'savage' school?

A school full of savages

Pneumonia is very complex and actually vaccination protection is limited because pneumonia can come via bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites even from inhaling a irritating particle.

The best protection against pneumonia and any infectious disease is the immune system of the person. Because your body is like a garden, if you take care of it it will bring you flowers and food. If you don't take care of it all you will have is viral, bacterial and chronic weeds!

You can lower your risk of infection by staying healthy, eating a traditional Thai diet with lots of raw vegetables, fruit and brown rice...(not refined white). And avoiding Western junk food and soda pop, staying active, getting enough rest, controlling your weight, and taking vitamin C.
---And if someone catches the disease or any infectious disease take very large doses of vitamin C until the persons body is just short of having diarrhea.
*Why, because infectious diseases kill your cells, and to replace cells takes large amounts of C. And humans cannot create C, so as the disease progresses the cells cannot be replaced. The immunity goes down further, leading to more cell death and lower C, which can lead to death of the infected person.

Keeping an infected persons vitamin C levels at normal is a very inexpensive, safe way to save their life from any infectious disease!

Doc Blake

Edited by Doc Blake

Pneumonia is very complex and actually vaccination protection is limited because pneumonia can come via bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites even from inhaling a irritating particle.

The best protection against pneumonia and any infectious disease is the immune system of the person. Because your body is like a garden, if you take care of it it will bring you flowers and food. If you don't take care of it all you will have is viral, bacterial and chronic weeds!

You can lower your risk of infection by staying healthy, eating a traditional Thai diet with lots of raw vegetables, fruit and brown rice...(not refined white). And avoiding Western junk food and soda pop, staying active, getting enough rest, controlling your weight, and taking vitamin C.

---And if someone catches the disease or any infectious disease take very large doses of vitamin C until the persons body is just short of having diarrhea.

*Why, because infectious diseases kill your cells, and to replace cells takes large amounts of C. And humans cannot create C, so as the disease progresses the cells cannot be replaced. The immunity goes down further, leading to more cell death and lower C, which can lead to death of the infected person.

Keeping an infected persons vitamin C levels at normal is a very inexpensive, safe way to save their life from any infectious disease!

Doc Blake

I am great believer in Vit C I have liquid type I get from the USA you can also get a C injection/drip feed at private hospital if you ask, I did.

Pneumococcal Vaccination is available for Adults and Children

http://www.webmd.com/vaccines/pneumococcal-vaccine-schedule

I've been getting a Pneumovax every 5 years,...and got pneumonia in Chiang Mai in May, following an intestinal surgery. If not for the quick action of the Ram medical staff, I'd likely be a goner. There were 3 days that I didn't think I'd make it. In other words,...having had a Pneumovax doesn't guarantee no pneumonia.

Doc Blake

Nice info. Thanks.

Just to put these numbers into perspective, in First World Germany, more than 20 000 people die every year from pneumonia...

My sister died from pneumonia at the age of 31. A schoolmate gave birth to a healthy boy and died at the age of 21 shortly after; the father, a friend of mine, was considering a bloodbath at the hospital bec it was proven that she got infected with a nasty viral pneumonia running out of control in that hospital...

Edited by Chonburiram

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, Pneumonia is pretty dangerous especially if you are over age 60. Doc Blak's comments are good advice, though some studies are not as optimistic about the preventive power of vitamin C (or other vitamins). Weight gain and smoking are no-nos. Surprisingly, good oral hygiene is a key preventive factor. Also being too close to kids increases the risk. Advice specific to Thailand on pneumonia is presented in some detail at http://pneumoniaforoldmen.com.