June 25, 201412 yr Back on fuel consumption. I have the 3Ltr V-Cross AT 4*4. Now when it was newer I could get an indicated 18+kpl driving to Kanchanaburi at just under 80kph provided little traffic. It's now done 40K+ Kms and surprisingly it is not so frugal. Also I have blanked the EGR and it definitely now uses more fuel when driving around town and in heavy BK traffic. It certainly won't now do an indicated 18kpl even on a long run and at that speed. Once you get towards 100kph the fuel consumption increases quite a lot. When manufactures talk about overdrive they could mean when the overall ratio is less than one, as is in my 5th gear. www.fuelly.com is worth a read, I'm on there now and showing an average around 12kpl. I will invest in a basic Racechip shortly.
June 25, 201412 yr I found the Racechip site. Looks good. K&N available there also but shipping is 45 I'm guessing euro. Still don't understand why chips are still being used. I don't think you can even use back in the states.
June 25, 201412 yr Thanks Spoonman, do you have a link for them? I don't believe they are on my list of 3 approved dealers from K&N. FAST CORNER 396/14-15 NARATIVAJ RACHANAHARIN ROAD, CHONGNONSE, YANNAWA, BANGKOK 10120 Thailand mailto:[email protected] NP MOTO COMPANY, LTDBuy OnlineInstaller 333/1 LARDPRAO SOI PIBOON-UPATHUM, HUAYKWANG, BANGKOK 10310 Thailand mailto:[email protected] WORLDTECH ENGINEERING CO., LTD. 3/64 MOO 2,CHALOEMPHRAKIAG RATCHAKAN, THI 9 ROAD. PRAWET, BANGKOK 10250 Thailand mailto:[email protected]
June 25, 201412 yr Found their web site, even translated into English I can't use. Looks like a place one has to visit.
January 5, 201610 yr The pickup truck based Song Taews with ISUZUs out number all other makes by 4 to 1. I wonder why?
January 5, 201610 yr The pickup truck based Song Taews with ISUZUs out number all other makes by 4 to 1. I wonder why? Because Thais are really clever?
January 6, 201610 yr The pickup truck based Song Taews with ISUZUs out number all other makes by 4 to 1. I wonder why? That one is simple. Because the coachbuilders making the box on the back offer better pricing on versions that fit Isuzu trays (economics of scale), and don't make versions for many pickups. The same goes for the guys making cages and 2-ton wheel & suspension upgrades for pineapple farmers. In these cases, you choose the pickup based on the parts available, not choose the pickup then try to find the parts to modify it. Edited January 6, 201610 yr by IMHO
March 21, 20188 yr Hello, So it's about 10kms/l for Diesel, and how much for Petrol or Gaz ? Thank you.
March 27, 20188 yr Ive got a 2.5 vigo smart cab used it 5 years, thrash it i never check fuel consumption so i just did, its never been reset in 5 years it says 11.1kml
March 27, 20188 yr Well i got a good laugh reading some of the posts in this thread. Sy whatever you like Isuzu beats the pants off the rest for fuel economy. The on-board gizmo in our d-max reckons wife is getting 16.1 kms per ltr, which i think is very good.
March 28, 20188 yr 19 hours ago, colinneil said: Well i got a good laugh reading some of the posts in this thread. Sy whatever you like Isuzu beats the pants off the rest for fuel economy. The on-board gizmo in our d-max reckons wife is getting 16.1 kms per ltr, which i think is very good. Driving where though?
March 28, 20188 yr 11 minutes ago, DavisH said: Driving where though? Driving from home to school, and a few times to Khonkaen. No long distance, just normal driving in the locality.
March 28, 20188 yr 21 minutes ago, colinneil said: Driving from home to school, and a few times to Khonkaen. No long distance, just normal driving in the locality. Not normally stuck in traffic then? This is what kills fuel consumption.
March 28, 20188 yr Just now, DavisH said: Not normally stuck in traffic then? This is what kills fuel consumption. No mate we live in an Issan village.
March 28, 20188 yr 28 minutes ago, transam said: Fuel consumption will be different on the same ride with a different driver... Yep my wife dries like a granny so always does better than me.
March 28, 20188 yr Just now, DavisH said: Yep my wife dries like a granny so always does better than me. It's now the other way round for me...
March 28, 20188 yr Why do they put that silly 6km/100 on Showroom Vehicles it means F/A to me.Also Newton Meters instead of BHP. What a bloody apple landing on a kids head has to do with an engine seems rather silly.BHP and 18 MPG at 60 MPH is all i know or need. 13 minutes ago, transam said: It's now the other way round for me... And Me.!!
March 29, 20188 yr On 3/28/2018 at 6:11 AM, HAKAPALITA said: Why do they put that silly 6km/100 on Showroom Vehicles it means F/A to me.Also Newton Meters instead of BHP. What a bloody apple landing on a kids head has to do with an engine seems rather silly.BHP and 18 MPG at 60 MPH is all i know or need. And don't get me (or transam) started on those bloody silly Kilopascals!!!
March 29, 20188 yr Just took the sports lorry (3.2 Ranger) on a thrash from Isaan to the seaside and back and the calculated fuel consumption was 8.5 l/100km which is a fairly decent 33.2 mpg (UK) or 27.7 mpg (US). Took the 'mountain' route and the 624 km took 8.5 hours so average speed was 75 kph including 1 piss stop. Edited March 29, 20188 yr by NanLaew
March 29, 20188 yr My Ford Ranger (2011) averages 12km/l around town and 15km/l on the highway. I generally stick to 100kph on the highway, just over 2000rpm. Works out at about 2B/km. I fill a tank for 1500B, and it gets me from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. For you old guys, 12km/l = 34mpg (UK) and 15km/l = 42mpg (UK). If you can't even get a gallon right, I have no idea. And l/100km - couldn't care less.
March 29, 20188 yr 1 hour ago, naboo said: My Ford Ranger (2011) averages 12km/l around town and 15km/l on the highway. I generally stick to 100kph on the highway, just over 2000rpm. Works out at about 2B/km. I fill a tank for 1500B, and it gets me from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. For you old guys, 12km/l = 34mpg (UK) and 15km/l = 42mpg (UK). If you can't even get a gallon right, I have no idea. And l/100km - couldn't care less. Using your methodology, I'm getting 11.8 km/l = 33.3 mpg (UK) over the 642 km with the cruise control set at 100... but the real average speed around 75 kph. I didn't have cruise control on the 2.2 Ranger and I would get the occasional speeding ticket despite "generally sticking" to 100 kph. The cops on the Mitrapharp generally position themselves just after the crest of a hill to catch the 'speed creep' effect. Since I got the new one with cruise control, no speeding tickets... but I am older! Is that the 2.2 Ranger?
March 29, 20188 yr 40 minutes ago, NanLaew said: Is that the 2.2 Ranger? No, the last of the old model, 2.5 Ranger.
Create an account or sign in to comment