How to Handle Decreasing Radius Corners

EBF

^

You can't equate cars and bikes as far as turns go.

Do you ride a motorcycle?

not any more. I fell off my bike quite a few times. The same principles of physics apply, anticipate the speed that you need to get down to before the sharpest bit of the curve, slow down to that speed while taking the optimal path, and then accelerate.

^

You can't equate cars and bikes as far as turns go.

Do you ride a motorcycle?

not any more. I fell off my bike quite a few times. The same principles of physics apply, anticipate the speed that you need to get down to before the sharpest bit of the curve, slow down to that speed while taking the optimal path, and then accelerate.

Please don't take this the wrong way but nothing could be further from the truth and it goes a long way to explaining why you fell off your m/c.

Cars have square profile tires, bikes have round profile. Cars come in three different flavors, front, rear and four wheel drive each corners differently but they are all able to maintain a far greater balance than a m/c because they have four wheels.

Bikes corner at speed on the side of the rounded tire that's why you have to countersteer which is similar to an opposite lock when a car skids or if you drift but still very different. A car will always be able to corner faster and easier than a bike - that's physics, but a bike will always be faster due to the power to weight ratio.

This is exactly the reason why I say every serious m/c rider needs to learn at a track because corners are much sharper than public roads and of course less dangerous. Only downside is road riding becomes so much easier you are tempted to corner a lot, lot faster.

Ask the teenage drivers they are very good at cutting of angles, including other drivers.

At least your blog got freely promoted (maybe) again, which was the point of the post.

Edited by ronthai