Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

It's clear from James brock if all docs aren't in, they will wait for you to submit all paperwork. Therefore if you miss something you just wait, as they are waiting for you. The more time you take, the more time they take.

Exactly.

The posted processing times when we applied were 13 months, so there was no point front-loading the application with the health checks and police clearances, as DIBP state they are only valid for one year.

We received a request for more information 19 March 2014, requesting the two police checks - the Thai request was sent off on 3 March, but due to the civil unrest back then took some time to come back; the AFP one proved to be difficult to obtain, due to lack of acceptable identification documents (we didn't have any acceptable documents showing her married name and current address); however, that issue resolved once we received an acceptable bank statement (to our new address) soon after 31 March.

In fact you are now a speed bump to those following you which slows down their natural progression.

Oz

No, I don't believe that to be the case. It's not like the CO stopped working after sending out the above mentioned request for the police checks; if anything, it would have sped up the process for those in the queue after us, as she would have gotten to their application quicker.

THE James Brock??

Peter's son?

Applied 29 jan 2014 with agent and just got partner visa approved a few days ago. They didnt contact either of us since we applied. In the email they sent to us it says she must enter oz before 7 February.I was alittle worried because for the 2 tax returns I supplied I only made around 24k per year and some of it was from dole but I do own house. Used a agent called knight visa help point in bkk got stuffed around by them. They told me they had applied in december 2013 but I checked with vfs and they had not yet I was worried they they were going to do a runner with the visa fee and the 20k baht I paid them but it all worked out in end. good luck to everyone

• Like 2

MissFarmGirl's update ... Bog standard reply

Subject: RE: Australian embassy email [sEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:02:37 +0000

Thank you for your email to the Australian Embassy Bangkok.
Important
Please note that the standard processing time for a partner visa is 12 months, and we will not be providing updates on the progress of your application if it is within the timeframe. Your case officer will advise you if further information is required. In the interests of fairness, we process applications in the order in which they are received.
If you have included information or attached documents in regard to your application, this response is your confirmation that the Embassy has received your email and attached documents. Additional documents submitted to VFS, by post to the Australian Embassy, or by fax will be attached to your file. As we receive a very large number of documents on a daily basis we are unable to confirm receipt of each document as it is received.
It is the nature of family migration that most applications have compelling and compassionate elements. Consequently, it is considered that the fairest way of processing visa applications is in date order. Contacting the department will not necessarily expedite the process.
If you have requested advice that is not a progress update of your application, a case officer will respond within 3 business days. If you do not receive a response within 3 business days, please forward your email to [email protected]
Regards,

Then the personal update ...

Dear Ms FarmGirl

Thank you for your email in regard to your Partner Provisional visa lodged on **/4/2014. I have completed initial assess your application and this application has been placed to the decision queue for finalise. Your application is likely to be finalise anytime in March or April 2015.

The global service standard for a Partner visa is 12 months. We are currently processing clients well within the advertised service standard.

All applications for migration are assessed in the order they are received by this office.

The global processing time service standard (i.e. from the time we receive your application until a decision is made) for Partner category visa can be found at

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/5.0.htm

Family Migration – Questions and Answers

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/questions-answers.htm

Please note: The applicant must be outside Australia at the time the decision maker decides application.

Regards

The take out message above is this ... "Partner Provisional visa lodged on **/4/2014. I have completed initial assess your application and this application has been placed to the decision queue for finalise. Your application is likely to be finalise anytime in March or April 2015."

So, even though 'application has been placed to the decision queue for finalise. Your application is likely to be finalise anytime in March or April 2015." ... it's going to take 5 or 6 months to get the Approval Stamp ... that SUCKS.

MissFarmGirl's update ... Bog standard reply

Subject: RE: Australian embassy email [sEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:02:37 +0000

Thank you for your email to the Australian Embassy Bangkok.

Important

Please note that the standard processing time for a partner visa is 12 months, and we will not be providing updates on the progress of your application if it is within the timeframe. Your case officer will advise you if further information is required. In the interests of fairness, we process applications in the order in which they are received.

If you have included information or attached documents in regard to your application, this response is your confirmation that the Embassy has received your email and attached documents. Additional documents submitted to VFS, by post to the Australian Embassy, or by fax will be attached to your file. As we receive a very large number of documents on a daily basis we are unable to confirm receipt of each document as it is received.

It is the nature of family migration that most applications have compelling and compassionate elements. Consequently, it is considered that the fairest way of processing visa applications is in date order. Contacting the department will not necessarily expedite the process.

If you have requested advice that is not a progress update of your application, a case officer will respond within 3 business days. If you do not receive a response within 3 business days, please forward your email to [email protected]

Regards,

Then the personal update ...

Dear Ms FarmGirl

Thank you for your email in regard to your Partner Provisional visa lodged on **/4/2014. I have completed initial assess your application and this application has been placed to the decision queue for finalise. Your application is likely to be finalise anytime in March or April 2015.

The global service standard for a Partner visa is 12 months. We are currently processing clients well within the advertised service standard.

All applications for migration are assessed in the order they are received by this office.

The global processing time service standard (i.e. from the time we receive your application until a decision is made) for Partner category visa can be found at

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/5.0.htm

Family Migration – Questions and Answers

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/questions-answers.htm

Please note: The applicant must be outside Australia at the time the decision maker decides application.

Regards

The take out message above is this ... "Partner Provisional visa lodged on **/4/2014. I have completed initial assess your application and this application has been placed to the decision queue for finalise. Your application is likely to be finalise anytime in March or April 2015."

So, even though 'application has been placed to the decision queue for finalise. Your application is likely to be finalise anytime in March or April 2015." ... it's going to take 5 or 6 months to get the Approval Stamp ... that SUCKS.

so they're saying 11 or 12 months for a decision, i think that might be worse case.People seem to be getting them in around 9 - 10, which will be around January, still a long way off. I've decided to get my wife a tourist visa so the family will be here for Christmas

Well at least your getting an idea were your at some communication at least ..,!!

We have had nothing from 5th of Feb.. When we lodged.2 weeks shy of 9 months were just hanging in there from loosing it.

The bit I didn't post was a subtle threat in the initial email to the Embassy from MissFarmGirl.

It was personal, so not relevant to other members.

But enough for them to sit up and take notice and to not just pass the genuine enquiry off with a manufactured reply.

We just received a email just before 5pm on Friday requesting all types of further information. Still not sure how we are going to provide it as it seems we need to get third party referees for several things. All very vague as to what or how it is to be presented to them and the clock began ticking away on last Friday.We did not use an agent to save money , perhaps we should have . And it seems we could be penalized because we don't live together all the time as i have a (what is left of a) career and employment back in Oz. .

Xen, you should have included at least 2 stat decs (originals) on the form 87? with copies of their passports, from referees, then I put in a few extra as well. Essentially what you are trying to convince them of in 'ongoing commitment' so as to weed out the 'importers'. Bombard them with everything you have and then some is my advise. Photo's, newspaper clippings, rent receipts, joint bank accounts, bills you paid together, holiday receipts, hotel bookings anything you can think of.

Oz

Xen, you should have included at least 2 stat decs (originals) on the form 87? with copies of their passports, from referees, then I put in a few extra as well. Essentially what you are trying to convince them of in 'ongoing commitment' so as to weed out the 'importers'. Bombard them with everything you have and then some is my advise. Photo's, newspaper clippings, rent receipts, joint bank accounts, bills you paid together, holiday receipts, hotel bookings anything you can think of.

Oz

OZ ... sorry mate ... I have to disagree a little.

Give them 'what they ask for' ... not what you think they want.

Just tick their boxes.

Just MHO ... everyone has a different approach which they are comfortable with.

As for 'Essentially what you are trying to convince them of in 'ongoing commitment' so as to weed out the 'importers' ' ... I agree 100%

Edited by David48

We just received a email just before 5pm on Friday requesting all types of further information. Still not sure how we are going to provide it as it seems we need to get third party referees for several things. All very vague as to what or how it is to be presented to them and the clock began ticking away on last Friday.We did not use an agent to save money , perhaps we should have . And it seems we could be penalized because we don't live together all the time as i have a (what is left of a) career and employment back in Oz. .

xen ... MissFarmGirl and I don't live together on a full-time basis ... I split my time roughly half and half with Thailand and the West ... with a little more time, over the past 4 years in Thailand.

Given the way Tourist Visas work for both countries, I'm sure the Embassy have an understanding of the process.

Edited by David48

No argument, it just seem Xen is being asked for more comprehensive info and as usual they are vague as to what precisely this is, so I would throw everything I had at them, that is the essence of my advice, they will disregard anything they do not want to look at. Unless they are specific, which they are not, then you have to use the hand grenade approach not a sniper rifle.

Oz

No argument, it just seem Xen is being asked for more comprehensive info and as usual they are vague as to what precisely this is, so I would throw everything I had at them, that is the essence of my advice, they will disregard anything they do not want to look at. Unless they are specific, which they are not, then you have to use the hand grenade approach not a sniper rifle.

Oz

... laugh.png

without knowing me ... you have defined me well.

I am a sniper ... sniper.gif

• Like 1

Oz and David, thanks for your replies and i take both points /approaches as being valid. The problem is if we throw everything at them , everything we submit has to be translated by NATA and that is an extra cost.

This request for this information has thrown us both into a panic i must admit. I think we should seek advice from a professional here in Bangkok so can anybody recommend somebody who is good.

And we have to give them what they want but what they want is vague at best . They have requested " information from another person or organisation about your health,your ability to satisfy public interest visa criteria(including your character and police history, your English proficiency,or your skills and qualifications". There is another additional 8-9 pages after this .

Some of this is clear but we have already provided information in the initial application but who would be able to testify about her police history apart from the police report if there was a police history in the first place.Very confusing as to how this should be answered. Likewise with the medical report unless they want another medical check-up and then would they accept it?

I am due to fly back early next week and i need to devote myself 100% to catch up with my job , so i would like to to clarify this before i fly out.

Oz and David, thanks for your replies and i take both points /approaches as being valid. The problem is if we throw everything at them , everything we submit has to be translated by NATA and that is an extra cost.

This request for this information has thrown us both into a panic i must admit. I think we should seek advice from a professional here in Bangkok so can anybody recommend somebody who is good.

And we have to give them what they want but what they want is vague at best . They have requested " information from another person or organisation about your health,your ability to satisfy public interest visa criteria(including your character and police history, your English proficiency,or your skills and qualifications". There is another additional 8-9 pages after this .

Some of this is clear but we have already provided information in the initial application but who would be able to testify about her police history apart from the police report if there was a police history in the first place.Very confusing as to how this should be answered. Likewise with the medical report unless they want another medical check-up and then would they accept it?

I am due to fly back early next week and i need to devote myself 100% to catch up with my job , so i would like to to clarify this before i fly out.

If they have asked for more info, you have to provide it within the time frame, if you don't you'll have your application refused. If they asking for more info, then on those points it means your not meeting the criteria for the visa through your evidence. They are giving you opportunity to provide proof. Sounds like you didn't give them much. A police report is self explanitory from oz and thailand, Form 88's you need 2 minimum, medical checks have you done it yet?

If you need a good NATA agent for translation, I found one who travels between oz and thailand, so I'm sure she could accept payment in both baht and Aud. You just email her the scanned copies, transfer the funds and she sends them back in the post, then you get them certified as a copy. Cost is about $35 aud for each doc. Send me a PM for her email. Yeh it adds up, but what can you do about it?

If they have asked for more info, you have to provide it within the time frame, if you don't you'll have your application refused. If they asking for more info, then on those points it means your not meeting the criteria for the visa through your evidence. They are giving you opportunity to provide proof. Sounds like you didn't give them much. A police report is self explanitory from oz and thailand, Form 88's you need 2 minimum, medical checks have you done it yet?

If you need a good NATA agent for translation, I found one who travels between oz and thailand, so I'm sure she could accept payment in both baht and Aud. You just email her the scanned copies, transfer the funds and she sends them back in the post, then you get them certified as a copy. Cost is about $35 aud for each doc. Send me a PM for her email. Yeh it adds up, but what can you do about it?

Thanks for your reply Gopro. .

We got one medical from from Bangkok Hospital as i understood you have a choice between two hospitals for the medical and you only need one report .

We also supplied two signed references on Form 888 . And we supplied the police report from Thailand plus the one from Oz for myself. Plus a lot of the other stuff they are asking for like form 1229 .This is what confuses me as how much extra do we need to supply when we complied with the basic requirements ,.

Yes time is running out - Had to laugh that we received the request just before 5.00 pm on a Friday afternoon , a similar thing is done where where i work - sending timed job requests late on a Friday afternoon to chew up response time . i know that ploy well.

I would appreciate if you could send me the name and e-mail of the lady who does the NATA translations although it could be the same one we used as she did live across the road from us in Bangkok but she left to live in Melbourne with her husband.There is also a good one in Sydney that does all the translations for the Thai consulate as well but it means stuffing around sending stuff back and forwards between BKK and SYD where i am based.

I am also going through a divorce from my first Thai wife so that is why i need to keep costs under control . I can only dream of a uncomplicated life.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply Gopro. .

We got one medical from from Bangkok Hospital as i understood you have a choice between two hospitals for the medical and you only need one report .

We also supplied two signed references on Form 888 . And we supplied the police report from Thailand plus the one from Oz for myself. Plus a lot of the other stuff they are asking for like form 1229 .This is what confuses me as how much extra do we need to supply when we complied with the basic requirements ,.

Yes time is running out - Had to laugh that we received the request just before 5.00 pm on a Friday afternoon , a similar thing is done where where i work - sending timed job requests late on a Friday afternoon to chew up response time . i know that ploy well.

I would appreciate if you could send me the name and e-mail of the lady who does the NATA translations although it could be the same one we used as she did live across the road from us in Bangkok but she left to live in Melbourne with her husband.There is also a good one in Sydney that does all the translations for the Thai consulate as well but it means stuffing around sending stuff back and forwards between BKK and SYD where i am based.

I am also going through a divorce from my first Thai wife so that is why i need to keep costs under control . I can only dream of a uncomplicated life.

Cheers

Going through divorce and with kids, your still married? if so you could probably see why they want a lot more info. Kids especially to the ex, if they are travelling with you etc. Lot of work by the sound of it. Sent PM good luck with it.

• Like 1

I agree with Oz, give them more than you think they want. The fact that you don't live together is most likely the reason they've asked for more information, but it in itself isn't a great cause for concern - many men have to live in Australia to earn enough to support their wife when she comes over.

As listed as the definition of a "Married Relationship" in the Partner Migration booklet:

Persons are in a married relationship if:

• they are married to each other under a marriage that is valid for the purposes of the Migration Act 1958;

• they have a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others;

• the relationship between them is genuine and continuing; and

• they live together or do not live separately and apart on a permanent basis.

As that fourth point is not the case, then you need to prove the first three beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Basically, you're trying to prove that you have a mutual commitment to a shared life as husband and wife to the exclusion of all others, and that your relationship between them is genuine and continuing with a paper trail - not easy even when your marriage is genuine and continuing! As I exclaimed many times while collating our information, 'If only someone from DIBP would come and stand in the corner of our lounge room for a night or two!'

As Oz suggested, I gave them everything: any joint invitations, evidence of shared bank accounts, Thai shared company registration, Aussie Partnership ABN and TFN registrations, dozens of photos, transcripts of all our emails and text messages for any time spent apart, 20 or 30 pages of Facebook posts, statuses, and photos (helps as evidence that you and your partner are generally accepted as a couple socially). I reckon the pile of evidence I gave them was a good 2/3 of a ream of paper.

Have a look from page 39 of the Partner Migration Booklet, and collate as much as you can find. Good luck! thumbsup.gif