Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

Will, give us your best qualified opinion. I think u could advice best rather than always knocking. How about some "suggestions" with a disclaimer "seek professional advice"

I think I've given lots of advice on here, but if I see something I know is incorrect or

in this case, some advice I don't agree with, I'm allowed to air my opinion.

But because I've "called you out" on a few things and disagreed with you on occasion,

you say "I'm always knocking".

Waiver of 8503 has been discussed on here pretty regularly if you want to search for it.

From DIAC: The circumstances in which the minister may waive [condition 8503] are:

1. since the person was granted the visa that was subject to the condition, compelling and compassionate circumstances have developed:
    1. over which the person had no control
    2. that resulted in a major change to the person's circumstance

I think the chances of getting a waiver are extremely thin.

There has been no material change since the visa has been granted.

In fact, DIAC, in this case have been more than reasonable by called fress313

and asking them if they would like a 12 month visa as they have a partner application in.

If you think that a waiver is possible, that's your opinion, I don't agree with it though.

As far as putting in a disclaimer, well that's just a bit silly IMO.

My wife got the 8503 waiver once because i told them i wanted to work in oz for another year before coming back to thailand.They gave her a 6 month visa without the 8503.I think there are plenty of reasons why they could waive it. With all my dealings with the embassy I've found them pretty reasonable to deal with

But anyway I guess I will just stick with the plan at the moment and see what happens

Any other advice or suggestions would be great though guys ... Thanks

As I said she doesn't have an 8503 on her visa

But I was told because she applied offshore she cannot bridge to that

Thanks

I know its not Thailand,

But, A friend of mine had been seeing a girl in Vietnamn for three months, He wanted to bring her to Australia for a holiday so they applied for a tourist visa. Her first time out of vietnamn, and she gets a three month tourist visa with no 8503 condition. When she got to australia, she decided she didn't want to go back. They applied for the defacto partner visa and ten months later it has just been granted!!. couldn't have been easier. makes a mockery of everything we had/ have to go through to get our ladies here from Thailand.

• Like 1

In relation to Will27, I've known him for some time through this forum.

He gives considered, measured advice.

Never narky, he just post as he sees it.

My next post will be though, the most joyous.

I would have posted earlier, but I had a few Shandys followed by a NANA Nap.

OH ... adding it was the 100 version.

I'm not telling her that.

In the email banter (she's in Thailand with the kids, I'm in Australia) I said ...

Dear Australian Immigration Department.

I think Miss TeeRak is confused with her future role in our Partnership.

Your Letter clearly states 'that you must be very nice to your sponsor Mr
David48 and do everything he asks of you !

She just laughed ... laugh.png

OH ... vote for David48 ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Congratulations to you, David and your wife. Glad your wife got the permanent visa subclass 100 so you don't have to be worried preparing further documents again.

My friend on Australian-Thai community Facebook was granted the partner visa subclass 100 today as well. She has twin boys.

Have a happy Christmas

• Like 1

Congratulations to you, David and your wife. Glad your wife got the permanent visa subclass 100 so you don't have to be worried preparing further documents again.

My friend on Australian-Thai community Facebook was granted the partner visa subclass 100 today as well. She has twin boys.

Have a happy Christmas

Ask her is she is married to a very happy hansum man ... then you are talking to my partner ... laugh.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Will, give us your best qualified opinion. I think u could advice best rather than always knocking. How about some "suggestions" with a disclaimer "seek professional advice"

I think I've given lots of advice on here, but if I see something I know is incorrect or

But because I've "called you out" on a few things and disagreed with you on occasion,

Waiver of 8503 has been discussed on here pretty regularly if you want to search for it.

From DIAC: The circumstances in which the minister may waive [condition 8503] are:

1. since the person was granted the visa that was subject to the condition, compelling and compassionate circumstances have developed:

and asking them if they would like a 12 month visa as they have a partner application in.

If you think that a waiver is possible, that's your opinion, I don't agree with it though.

One of these conditions include a medical condition, she would only need a sympathetic doctor to say she could risk the baby by flying around a certain period and it would be done, in fact you can Google the appropriate information. The DIAC would not accept responsibility for not allowing her to stay and risking her or the babies life. Pretty easy isn't it?

Oz

1972291_10152239888553908_899318350_n.jp

Edited by ozsamurai
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One of these conditions include a medical condition, she would only need a sympathetic doctor to say she could risk the baby by flying around a certain period and it would be done, in fact you can Google the appropriate information. The DIAC would not accept responsibility for not allowing her to stay and risking her or the babies life. Pretty easy isn't it?

Oz

1972291_10152239888553908_899318350_n.jp

Will imo is right.

Diac won't change visas just because of pregnancy when you have had ample time to plan these things and the pregnancy is normal.

Remember the story of the Russian girl who fell pregnant to her Aussie husband and got shipped out of the country??

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-man-fights-to-keep-pregnant-russian-girlfriend-here/story-e6frea83-1226652602806?nk=c803033ff53721fcda3a2e64d772db81

Hoping the doctor is 'sympathetic', is asking him to lie.

Trying to find ways to scam our system is garbage. Do the right thing, jump through the hoops like we all have done.

Btw, flying may not be an option, but a boat still would be.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Oz

Will imo is right.

Diac won't change visas just because of pregnancy when you have had ample time to plan these things and the pregnancy is normal.

Remember the story of the Russian girl who fell pregnant to her Aussie husband and got shipped out of the country??

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/adelaide-man-fights-to-keep-pregnant-russian-girlfriend-here/story-e6frea83-1226652602806?nk=c803033ff53721fcda3a2e64d772db81

Hoping the doctor is 'sympathetic', is asking him to lie.

Trying to find ways to scam our system is garbage. Do the right thing, jump through the hoops like we all have done.

Btw, flying may not be an option, but a boat still would be.

A decent Doctor wouldn't enter into this IMO.

Anyway, I guess it's a moot point as there is no 8503 on the visa.

Fress313's case is a little different in the fact that most people want

the 8503 waived so they can apply for a partner visa which Fress313

has already done.

Fress313 has indicated that they're happy with the current visa so hopefully

everything works out fine.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well called them today (just under 18 weeks ) spoke to somebody in the PR visa section of the australian embassy bangkok he said we don't have a case officer as yet but will hear from one in the next 2 weeks or so letting us know if they require anything else .

What stage is final queuing ? Is that classed as after you have heard from a case officer ?

Thanks

Matt

Well called them today (just under 18 weeks ) spoke to somebody in the PR visa section of the australian embassy bangkok he said we don't have a case officer as yet but will hear from one in the next 2 weeks or so letting us know if they require anything else .

What stage is final queuing ? Is that classed as after you have heard from a case officer ?

Thanks

Matt

You wont hear alot till the 6 month mark, or maybe not at all. We are 7 month mark, but have used an agent and he only heard when they wanted more information to support his character reference, they asked for that at the 4.month mark. We had a case officer really early on, the agent said its due to the fact we are the opposite of most cases: Australian female and thai male.