June 23, 201412 yr Hello all, I just started work at a new school in Sukhothai. I am already on a Non-B visa working here. My contract stated I was to start working on June 5th, however I was in America at the time because of a family emergency. I just landed in Thailand yesterday (June 22nd) and started work today (June 23rd). My boss asked me if we need to re-make the contract to say it started on June 23rd, as I was not in the country on the date of the original contract. So will they look at the contract date saying June 5th, and that I arrived in Thailand June 22nd and not give me a work permit? If so, my boss says re-writing the contract with the correct dates would be no problem, he just needs to know. So do I need to have an updated contract with the correct dates to get a work permit, or will they not care that I came into Thailand later than the original contract date? Thanks!
June 23, 201412 yr Your boss would be better off asking the local labour dept as it's them who will deal with your WP application, which must already be in the pipeline. Do you have all the other ducks already lined up, waivers/degree/PGCE, etc?
Create an account or sign in to comment