Letter from Employer for Extension

I recall last year when doing my annual extension based on being married to a Thai and working in Thailand, the original letter I submitted from my employer verifying my salary was not accepted, although it had been fine for many years. They had a new form of letter that they wanted me to use. Unfortunately, I am unable to find the copy I made. Could anyone out there post a copy of the current salary verification letter or a link. I am unable to find the form on the Immigration website and it does not appear to be in any of the pinned topics.

It may be something your local office made up. You should check with them about it.

I have never heard of or seen one.

It was Chaengwattana. The format of the letter I had previously used was not accepted. I had to follow the format of the "new style" letter. I discussed this with the officer and he was adamant that it was a new requirement from above. That was in late July 2013. I am going to do my 90 day report in a couple of weeks so will try to pick up a form then but was hoping someone would have a copy on hand.

I thought you had to submit income tax receipts or some other document from the tax office when using income earned in Thailand to meet the financial requirements for the marriage extension.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought you had to submit income tax receipts or some other document from the tax office when using income earned in Thailand to meet the financial requirements for the marriage extension.

For working in Thailand and married with >=40k pcm Thai income (National Police order 777/25551 Case 2.18)

My local Immigration want your Current WP, Company Registration, PND 1 (most recent monthly salary tax payment/receipt) and most recent PND 91 (Annual Thai Tax return), plus all the marriage and proof of address stuff.

In his first post GarryP said he did his extension for bring married and working, which made me assume he had the marriage extension, now he says he has the employment extension. Obviously, the requirements for these two very different extensions are very dissimilar, yet Garry seems to think his extension covers both situations and that he has to submit documents covering both types. Wouldn't it be simpler for him to go for the marriage extension?

In his first post GarryP said he did his extension for bring married and working, which made me assume he had the marriage extension, now he says he has the employment extension. Obviously, the requirements for these two very different extensions are very dissimilar, yet Garry seems to think his extension covers both situations and that he has to submit documents covering both types. Wouldn't it be simpler for him to go for the marriage extension?

He is getting the extension based upon marriage.

But since he is using his income from working to meet the 40k baht income requirement immigration wants a letter from his employer to confirm his employment.

He will also need his tax payment documents also along with a copy of hies work permit.

He is getting the extension based upon marriage.

But since he is using his income from working to meet the 40k baht income requirement immigration wants a letter from his employer to confirm his employment.

He will also need his tax payment documents also along with a copy of hies work permit.

Absolutely correct ubonjoe. They also stamp my extensions as being based on "Thai wife". I have been extending my visa this way for more than 20 years and last year they hit me with the curve ball saying the format of the letter from my employer is no longer acceptable and they wanted me to use their new form.

It all seems a bit of overkill, what with having to submit a copy of work permit, personal income tax receipts and corporate income tax receipts of my employer, etc. but I am used to it.

There is actually an advantage to doing the extensions this way. If my extension was based on work, if I lost my job or retired, I would have 7 days within which to leave the country and go get another visa. However, by doing the extensions based on marriage, if I lose my job I can change the criteria to be based on money in the bank and not need to leave the country (if I am mistaken please let me know). I did change from money in the bank to income from work many years ago, so assume I can change it the other way.

If you lost your job you would not have to do anything until your next extension is due and then you could use the 400k baht in the bank option.

There is no 7 days to leave you have to apply for and pay to get a 7 day extension.

• 1 month later...

An update: The letter they required me to use last year, is not acceptable this year. This year they want the very basic letter I had previously used. There is always something, but knowing that in advance, I had prepared both forms.

• Like 1