Retirement and Dependent Extension of Stay Documentation at Chiang Mai Immigration.

Mapguy

As of this date, 23 June, the required documentation at Chiang Mai Immigration is as follows:

Extension of Stay (Retirement):

1. Queue Card(s), if appointment booked. Do not panic if the dog eats yours. They have a roster at the Information Desk.

2. TM7 w/ photo

3. Passport ID page(s)

4. Page w/ current permission stamp

5. Pages showing stamps of all previous permission stamps and border re-entry stamps

6. Departure Card

7a. Bank Letter & copy of bank book page(s) confirming account balance (within 7 days).

Note: The office confirmed 7 days, not less. Nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to have the two as close to the date of the offfice visit as you can manage since various reports from others say that they were hassled. I neve have been. OR

7b. Your letter of proof from your friendly consulate of appropriate pension income OR

7c. Combination of both above.

8. Proof of residence.

Note: Not always asked for.

Extension of Stay for Dependent Spouse

1. All marriage registration papers.

2. 1 - 6 above

3. 7 above, if couple not processed together. If processed together, not necessary.

3. Proof of residence

The unfortunate part is how many trees must be destroyed in this process.

Other Dependents

Consult elsewhere. I suggest that a valid relationship for all eligible NI-O candidates must be demonstrated by appropriate documents (e.g., birth dewrtificate)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What do they require for "proof of residence" for retirement extension?

I live in my wife's house, so no rental agreement. Is a Thai driving license OK?

Will be my first extension.

I have often wondered about this as I have never been asked for it.To cover all bases I always have my Thai wife accompany me with house papers.My photo copy of face page of passport includes my Thai driving licence imprinted on it, original in wallet, and of course that has my address on it. I also take our marriage certificate, from experience on other matters,you never know what you might be asked for.

Having said the never had a problem with extension of retirement visa over 6 years in CM.

• Like 2

I live in my wife's house, so no rental agreement. Is a Thai driving license OK?

I have often wondered about this as I have never been asked for it.To cover all bases I always have my Thai wife accompany me with house papers.My photo copy of face page of passport includes my Thai driving licence imprinted on it, original in wallet, and of course that has my address on it. I also take our marriage certificate, from experience on other matters,you never know what you might be asked for.

Having said the never had a problem with extension of retirement visa over 6 years in CM.

same same.8years next renewal.

same same.8years next renewal.

Number 12 coming up next week and never been asked for proof of residence, but I always take the Tabien Baan,just in case. Plus additional bank book to show expenditure,but again,never been asked.

Simply try to cover all the bases.No guarantees though. TIT

My wife gave me a standard lease form and signed it. I keep a copy with me when I go to immigration. Before that I got another lease agreement from the condo I rented. And before that from the apartment I rented. In ten years I have been asked for it twice. Same immigration guy both times. I don't think he likes me. I never volunteer the document but I have it if they want to see it.

Edited by thailiketoo

My wife gave me a standard lease form and signed it. I keep a copy with me when I go to immigration. Before that I got another lease agreement from the condo I rented. And before that from the apartment I rented. In ten years I have been asked for it twice. Same immigration guy both times. I don't think he likes me. I never volunteer the document but I have it if they want to see it.

I don't think that I have ever been asked all these years, but thailiketoo's documents would certainly work fine. You could also use a copy the receipt of your "Notification of Alien's Address" form (TM30, I believe) if that fits your situation.

I don't think that I have ever been asked all these years, but thailiketoo's documents would certainly work fine. You could also use a copy the receipt of your "Notification of Alien's Address" form (TM30, I believe) if that fits your situation.

That assumes the tm30 has been filed whistling.gif

That assumes the tm30 has been filed whistling.gif

Have you ever met a retired person's wife who has been asked for a TM30? Have you ever met a retired person's wife who knew what a TM30 was? Perhaps at some point in time IMO this form will become a requirement and at that point immigration/police will post a notice of such a thing. Since this form can be filed with the local cop shop the collation of information to immigration would be difficult at best.

To answer thailiketoo, no, I haven't, but I do know one wife who knows the law and registered her husband, actually! On the other hand, I have never heard of any Immigration official asking for this report, and very few householders probably make such reports. It is valid until you move. I suppose tourist facilities make regular reports. Anyway, if you have a receipt, then you have a form of proof regarding your residence. Add it to your stack!

Seems to me that it was discussed recently on ThaiVisa CM. They are obtainable at the CM Immigration office near the airport. There are even people there to help you complete the form. And no lines to do it, which is no surprise! biggrin.png

Edited by Mapguy

To answer thailiketoo, no, I haven't, but I do know one wife who knows the law and registered her husband, actually! On the other hand, I have never heard of any Immigration official asking for this report, and very few householders probably make such reports. It is valid until you move. I suppose tourist facilities make regular reports. Anyway, if you have a receipt, then you have a form of proof regarding your residence. Add it to your stack!

Seems to me that it was discussed recently on ThaiVisa CM. They are obtainable at the CM Immigration office near the airport. There are even people there to help you complete the form. And no lines to do it, which is no surprise! biggrin.png

The householder does not have to submit the form to immigration. The closest police booth should do just fine. That's why I said the coordination between the cops and immigration would have to be there for the reporting to work.