Phuket police plan second wave of mass taxi-related arrests

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just love reading these posts, headline "WE ARE COMING TOMORROW" well thanks for the warning, he he

You think the police , if they really wanted to be helpful, would post the sites, and address' that they will be raiding tomorrow, and at what time for each.

Its so hard to think and consider others at times.

"“We will attack and arrest them, suddenly and immediately, tomorrow."

I applaud their actions, but I think they might need to do some work on the element of surprise.

"The best way to get the termites to show themselves, is to shake the rotten piece of wood"

Don't you fret none; this action may be executed by the local Sheriff, but it has been planned-out by the Governor (Gen. Prayut & Co.) ! ! !

thumbsup.gif

Never understood the announcements prior to police action, however this time I doubt the guilty can stay calm as it's highly likely their support is gone and they are in a state of raw panic. yep the neon sign hovering above them that says I am guilty is burning bright, can be seen a mile away.

An next..maybe the police themselfs arrested.. that extort every bar,resturant,club, and all the copy clothes vendors in phuket . will not hold my breath.. But follow the money

Maybe someone is watching them monitoring their phones? Their bank accounts? There must be some nervous wrecks out there. Lets hope the result of all this is a very secure place for all the corrupt ones, the thought of so many who have lost face, lost jobs and angry on the loose no thanks.

I applaud their actions, but I think they might need to do some work on the element of surprise.

No surprise required. They know who they want and where to find most of them. Tomorrow it will be find & arrest. And won't it be interesting to see which officials & business people "Mafia bosses" don't show up to work tomorrow. Many will be sitting at their office desks waiting. Frightened to go to work. Frightened to not be at work in case they are not on the list. That is a great mind game to play They have all the names, asset lists and arrest warrents.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 2

No more corruption in Thailand could this be the miracle every investor has been waiting for, get the criminals locked up and behind bars for a long time as a deterrent to other greedy crooks.

No one is going to jail. Ever. Look at how a police captain in Nan made headline in the BP for allowing multifarious illegal (yeah) 'businesses' to be carried on under his watch, being given 'a jolly good telling off' in 'a viral video'. Oh, and then there's the Taksin aide just made Big News for his part in the rice scam, to be given bail. And where's the mayor of Karon now? Little holiday? Relocation?

You know nothing of the culture with which you are dealing.

First crim of any import (barring mushroom pickers) to be actually jailed, I will personally, profusely and humbly apologise laugh.png

"We will attack and arrest them, suddenly and immediately, tomorrow."

My thoughts exactly. What possible advantage do they gain by making an announcement in advance of the arrests? And if there is no advantage, why do it? They can milk all the publicity they want, AFTER the event.

"Some of [the taxi drivers] may be worried about us seizing their assets and may have transferred money to other accounts. If we detect them doing this, then they will be charged.”

Shouldn't they be charged anyway, just for possession of such large amounts of money, without any reasonable explanation for having it?

May I take an astonishingly wild guess and say the meaning is "added charges will be filed" for transferring/ attempting to conceal / divert in ADDITION to currently pending charges.

"Some of [the taxi drivers] may be worried about us seizing their assets and may have transferred money to other accounts. If we detect them doing this, then they will be charged.”

Shouldn't they be charged anyway, just for possession of such large amounts of money, without any reasonable explanation for having it?

May I take an astonishingly wild guess and say the meaning is "added charges will be filed" for transferring/ attempting to conceal / divert in ADDITION to currently pending charges.

You mean another 200 Baht fine on top of the 500 Baht that they are going to get?

Just love reading these posts, headline "WE ARE COMING TOMORROW" well thanks for the warning, he he

yes it sound to me like when I call the aircon guy and he tell me will show up my home at 10 am and I wait until 15 pm and no one come before tomorrow 17 pm then he forgot some tools in the shop and comeback after one week.

Yes, it is, exactly like your experience with the aircon boys. Brilliant.

Being unusually wealthy is finally starting to be a problem.Dh's were that confident they had it in their own bank acc.Can see a lot of wealth being moved around in the near future.Maids and drivers beware,they only want you when they need you for a favour.Elliot Ness knew this 80 years ago,follow the money.

For all the complaining and whinging over the last few years (some of it actually warranted and justified) this is an incredibly positive and encouraging development. If this government of uniforms can maintain this pace of cleansing and reform then we will all be happy.

There has been more achieved in the last few months than was achieved in the preceding years, there may be many problems still to be addressed but a good start has been made, the signs from where I am sitting are good...

• Like 1

I'd be more confidient if the Army was doing this.

At the bottom of Patong Hill this morning the Police and Army had pulled over about 40 commuter vans so I think it's a joint effort.

SDM

''I love it when a good plan comes together'' quote, American TV. series. (CAN'T REMEMBER NAME)

"I ain't gettin in no plane, crazy fool"

The A Team

Edited by SDM0712

I love this junta. As long as they keep taking out the trash and making Thailand a better place for the majority of Thais, who are honest and get screwed by this corruption as much as anybody, I'll continue to be a fan. Go Junta! clap2.gif

• Like 2

I wonder if the army knew the keystone kops were going to make this announcement? Something of a passive aggressive way to subvert the whole operation. If army calls police on carpet for this latest bout of idiocy in dealing with press, they could play dumb "Wow we didn't think of that". Maybe they aren't playing.....

• Like 1

There's more than one way to skin a cat and their approach will have been well thought out.

If an official or a taxi driver for that matter has an excessive amount of money (2 million plus), that can't be explained, in his/her account they will get the information via a court order which takes time.

There's no way the suspects can move money without it being reported by the banks to the money laundering division who can freeze their assets. Even if they do so in dribs and drabs their details would be picked up?

Looks like a case of no where to run, no where to hide.

Their idea could also be to cause panic and scare the minnows into giving info about the big fish in exchange for lienency.