Should Gerrard retire as England captain, yes or no?

rijit

Fact is, if you have a General who is no good, Captain hasn't got a chance.

Been proven in battle over centuries.

Same in business.

Same in football.

Will General Hodgson be replaced?

Not until we have lost a shed load of casualties.

Helluva price to pay.

But try telling the FA grey suits that.

facepalm.gif

Priorities of the FA board...

1.Big bloody salary.

2. Sponsorship deals....to make sure my salary is covered.

3. Keeping my big bloody salary.

4. Custard creams or bourbons today?

5. Manager keeps his mouth shut and toes the line or else.

6. Corporate seating and menu details.

7. England PLC....oops.....facepalm.gif

Yep. Need some Braveheart mentality.

Doesn't seem to operate in Croydon or Lancaster Gate.

Ask Scolari.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god ,are you sure you're not an Evertonian Rijit ,just that you are so <deleted> bitter & twisted like them!!??

I doubt many Liverpool fans care if Gerrards the England capt or not (which this thread was originally about but has turned into a one man crusade to try & discredit him) ...No, scrap that ,most would sooner see him retire from international football & concentrate on Liverpool ,you know with Europe n all that to contend with .It's going to a busy ol' season .biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

why do Evertonians reckon Gerrard is a crap defending midfielder?, it's my opinion get the f--c over it, next season move your dumb red blinkered eyes and watch him IN FRONT OF HIS DEFENCE when your under pressure being attacked, he ain't that good.oh next you'll be telling me he just had a great season Yeah he did, ATTACKING 11? goals and ?? assists, attacking up there no arguments he's good but DEFENDING UNDERSTAND DEFENDING he aint that good, never been his game and probably never will be ,IMO certainly not after one season, where he's had a midfield tailored to suit him will that get him anywhere near the level you'd expect/hope an england capt to be.at? now toddle the f of bac to ure little thread called after your little city.

oh just a thought carmine/ alfie do you remember our ' debate' on verities DEFENDING , seems you u together a really similar argument about him remember? great season .player of the year, current international , goals assists it ect ect.

Well your opinion is just like your writing skills ...er,very unique? & I'm struggling to understand both of them.So I concede,goodbye.

My god ,are you sure you're not an Evertonian Rijit ,just that you are so <deleted> bitter & twisted like them!!??

I doubt many Liverpool fans care if Gerrards the England capt or not (which this thread was originally about but has turned into a one man crusade to try & discredit him) ...No, scrap that ,most would sooner see him retire from international football & concentrate on Liverpool ,you know with Europe n all that to contend with .It's going to a busy ol' season .biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

why do Evertonians reckon Gerrard is a crap defending midfielder?, it's my opinion get the f--c over it, next season move your dumb red blinkered eyes and watch him IN FRONT OF HIS DEFENCE when your under pressure being attacked, he ain't that good.oh next you'll be telling me he just had a great season Yeah he did, ATTACKING 11? goals and ?? assists, attacking up there no arguments he's good but DEFENDING UNDERSTAND DEFENDING he aint that good, never been his game and probably never will be ,IMO certainly not after one season, where he's had a midfield tailored to suit him will that get him anywhere near the level you'd expect/hope an england capt to be.at? now toddle the f of bac to ure little thread called after your little city.

oh just a thought carmine/ alfie do you remember our ' debate' on verities DEFENDING , seems you u together a really similar argument about him remember? great season .player of the year, current international , goals assists it ect ect.

i

Well your opinion is just like your writing skills ...er,very unique? & I'm struggling to understand both of them.So I concede,goodbye.

yep, tbh i' mstruggling with the name issa' hunt, that sort of banter stopped being anwhere near funny in about 1980, and 2 b fair u dont seem the sort ofguy that would get a kic out of other peoples discomfort ,but there you go. anyway i'm done with gerrards defending , lets hope he fights the fight and scores.shed loads in the champs.league on the way to another memorable.cup.run.

i

yep, tbh i' mstruggling with the name issa' hunt, that sort of banter stopped being anwhere near funny in about 1980, and 2 b fair u dont seem the sort ofguy that would get a kic out of other peoples discomfort ,but there you go. anyway i'm done with gerrards defending , lets hope he fights the fight and scores.shed loads in the champs.league on the way to another memorable.cup.run.

Don't worry about the punctuation rij, just tell it like you see it.

thumbsup.gif

Absolutely but when i'm using my phone key pad seems almost every time i hit the space bar i hit the full stop which is sort of irritating..

ok rijit here is 3 mins of actual quality defending, or what you perceive as crap

quality defending, really!!! the first thing kids are told about defending is stay on your feet, don't go diving in, once your on the floor effectively your out of the game. looks spectacular, but in the real world its a liability..

Don't worry about the punctuation rij, just tell it like you see it.

thumbsup.gif

Absolutely but when i'm using my phone key pad seems almost every time i hit the space bar i hit the full stop which is sort of irritating..

Don't worry about it. If they can't get your gist, or don't like what your saying, they'll hammer you on the punctuation.

I never have a problem getting the drift.

Big game for your goalie tonight.

Hoping the French can do it.

thumbsup.gif

Other than Gerrard and Rooney, I don't think any of the other players are captains for their club side, or have I missed someone?

Phil Jagielka and Adam Lallana … are two that immediately spring to mind.

No and no.

Jagielka's England career is very much in the balance with Stones likely to oust him pdq and Lallana isn't even an established international yet although he will be in time.

With so many inexperienced players around Gerrard should stay on into the Euro qualifiers which are hardly going to tax him and then see how the land lies next summer by which time the team should be taking shape for France 2016 a year later.

No need for a new captain yet.

• Like 2

i

Why are you know having a dig at my 'given' name at conformation 'Issac'? Hunt is my surname... if you want to make some childish innuendo about it, up to you.

Yes you put together an overwhelming argument that Gerrard is crap ,everyone now believes you,we can move on.

Have a lovely weekend.

i

Why are you know having a dig at my 'given' name at conformation 'Issac'? Hunt is my surname... if you want to make some childish innuendo about it, up to you.

Yes you put together an overwhelming argument that Gerrard is crap ,everyone now believes you,we can move on.

Have a lovely weekend.

oh right as if no ones ever not pointed it out b4 , remind me it.is liverpool you support home of the rapier wit!! say what you want its blatently obvious why uve used what u have. Bac 2 topic so i take it thats a.no.? indeed do have a nice weekend and yeah kindly do move on.

• Like 1