Expired work permit. What happens with the visa extension?

Hi there,

I just realized that my work permit expired last week (June 19th). I have been on this same permit + extension for 2 years and same case for the non-B visa. On last Friday (June 20th), my 90 days report was due so I went to immigration and got a new 90 days receipt.

To my limited understanding, the visa extension I am currently on became invalid from the moment the work permit expired so I am currently staying illegally in the country. Is that correct? Still, it is strange that immigration processed my 90 days report as if the visa was still valid.

If my assumption is correct and the extension is no longer valid, what should be my next steps? Should I leave and get a new Visa in a neighbouring country? Could I somehow get a 7 days extension and apply for a new work permit?

Help please!

Thanks for replying, ubonjoe. I just got so scared and paranoid :-S

So, assuming that Labour won't notify Immigration, the visa extension is still technically valid, isn't it?

For what you say I understand that a work permit can just be renewed after expiring instead of applying for a new one. Did I got that right?

Thanks again

Git R done. Pronto!

Unless I am very much mistaken, if you lose your job you have to turn in your work permit within 10? days and your "working" visa is cancelled. If you still have the same job, it maybe just a technicallity.

Thanks for replying, ubonjoe. I just got so scared and paranoid :-S

So, assuming that Labour won't notify Immigration, the visa extension is still technically valid, isn't it?

For what you say I understand that a work permit can just be renewed after expiring instead of applying for a new one. Did I got that right?

Thanks again

Get to Labour a.s.a.p. with a good excuse - your WP is expired and according to the rules cannot now be renewed.

Are you absolutely sure your employer hasn't already filed a WP5 renewal application and paid the 100 THB deposit to get you a place in the queue?

If no WP5 has been filed you might possibly be lucky/OK, but do get your employer prepared for the probable eventuality that you have to apply afresh with form WP1 (TT!), etc.

VocalNeal, yes I still have the same job. They just forgot to apply for renewal because this year I forgot to remind them :-(

Digitalchromakey, thanks for the advice. Sadly, I am 100% sure they forgot to apply. Will try to convince them to send someone tomorrow morning to Labour and I hope they allow us to apply for renewal.

Thanks guys :-/