Thaksin aide jailed for rice fraud

Lite Beer

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still some people unable to separate this case, which was about a fraudulent activity that took place in 2007 to that of the Now defunct Rice scheme.

It was NOTHING to do with the now defunct Yingluck scheme, but hey, don't let your coloured blinkers prevent you from jumping to conclusions.

The rhetoric shown by some TVF members goes against the "reconciliation" of the country, and yet they expect the Thai's to hug each other and sing Kumbayayh over a camp fire roasting marshmallows and set aside their differences?? whistling.gif

You raise a great point. So if rice scamming was occurring in 2007, that is interesting

because I was here in 2007, and to the best of my memory the I never ever saw the words

rice scam in the media. Meaning whatever was happening then, it was the tiniest fraction of

what has happened recently with the massive rice scam. So extrapolating forward, that means

there will be lot of rats to be caught !!!!

Regarding rhetoric, as you reap so shall you sow. Thaksin, Yingluck and the PTP have nearly

brought Thailand to the brink of ruin with corruption, nepotism, and cronyism at levels that were almost unthinkable previously . So to skewer them, and show them for what they are, will help with reconciliation. Wait a minute, perhaps the reconciliation you are thinking of is the amnesty bill Yingluck / PTP tried to ram through in the middle of the night pardoning the PTP members for corruption ? That one ?

I do not think that the Democrat Party politicians and the old money guys in general are any less corrupt, self serving and

whatnot. They just had a longer run at it and are more adept at corruption etiquette and covering their tracks. Having more

media stories on corruption does not necessarily mean that there's more corruption, rather it could mean that it is of amore

blatant nature, or that media outlets have more incentive to cover these issues. And as the Man in Dubai allegedly said -

the real smart guys play for the other team.

Regarding rhetoric - it would do well, both for Thailand and Thais, and both for TVF and foreigners living here, to take it

down a couple of notches. Getting into payback and revenge mode is very tempting, but not always very constructive in

the long term. Doesn't mean things need to be dusted under the carpet, or that transgressions and sins be absolved - a

price need to be paid for wrongs done. Just that it can be carried out with a cooler head.

Does reconciliation refer specifically to Thaksin, Yingluck and the rest of the PTP and red-shirt leadership? The way that

I understand it - more to do with bridging the divides between ordinary Thais. Keeping the flames going and insisting on

someone having to "win" is not going to make this happen.

• Like 2

How on earth did he think he'd get away with this? Dumber than a sack of rocks.

With the government that was in power he wasn't concerned about getting caught. This shows what an atmosphere of lawlessness prevailed under Shin rule.

You are more than half right. The government that was in power was the Royal Thai Army, which most certainly began and then operated its entire time in an atmosphere of lawlessness. I'm not a mind reader, but Mr Apichat may well, as you allege, have felt very safe under their patriotic and professional care.

That government did, however, halt all Shin rule at gunpoint plus the intimidation of the "investigation" of Thaksin's assets, which found not a tiny bit of evidence about this case.

Other than the part about who was in power and the non-relevant reference to "Shin rule" and your attempt to sell your mind-reading as a fact, your version of the story is very accurate.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How on earth did he think he'd get away with this? Dumber than a sack of rocks.

Well, Thaksin is known to be good to persuade, especially when there is a big brown envelope involved bah.gif

He will be the first of many many people to face justice for their part in

the rice scam. I never thought this day would come, I am happy beyond words.

Prayuth has done more for this country in one month than the " leaders"

have done in twenty years .But I guess when all your time is spent in

figuring out new ways to loot money from the government, must not be

a lot of time left over in help improve the lives of the common people...

Next up ??? The big fish, Yingluck.... Too bad Thaksin is beyond

the reach of the Thai courts, as I believe he is the one that set the

whole scam up.

Guild by association is a crime. WOW ? I do not have much love for Yingluck or her brother but how can you hang someone before there is a court hearing. I am sure glad blokes like you are not on my jury.

And the topic of the thread is:

Surely the title is misleading?

Should it not be "former aide, to former premier" ? " Aide is a term used in present terms, is he currently an aide if that were the case, then all the appointed persons whom were in senior positions such as Chalerm and co would also be classed as "Aides"

No, Chalerm has his own classification. biggrin.png

• Like 1

whole scam up.

Guild by association is a crime. WOW ? I do not have much love for Yingluck or her brother but how can you hang someone before there is a court hearing. I am sure glad blokes like you are not on my jury.

This guy was found guilty... As far as anybody can tell, there are hundreds of billions of baht missing. The farmers certainly did not have this money, as they are committing suicide and going into debt with money lenders...Yingluck was head of the rice commission, and it was Thaksin who crafted the program. I am a really big believer in where there is smoke there is fire, so now just a matter of time before Yingluck is grilled on her role in this matter.

From the OP.

"The Samut Prakarn provincial court Tuesday sentenced a close aide to ex-pm Thaksin Shinawatra to six years in jail and fined him Bt12,000 after finding him guilty of embezzlement and fraud for his failure to deliver a Bt200-million rice shipment to Iran."

$400 fine for $6,666,666.666 swindle...

Got the mark of the beast all over it!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Som nam naa you cheating slag!!! Another red cheat where he belongs!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yes indeed but the sentence is too light, should have been 15 - 20 and lose the key.

Teach the red scum a lesson.

I believe this coup is the best thing ever to occur in the realm. coffee1.gif

That's an incredibly disingenuous comment to make, so you believe that this coup surpasses all the hard work that the reigning Monarch has accomplished over his time ?

whole scam up.

And the topic of the thread is:

Guilt by association. Lol. Yeah, association with a crime!!! (Not meaning to suggest only one...)

(And actually, conspiracy to commit a crime, IS itself a crime, as is being an accessory, before OR after the fact...)

@RealE: Your jury? What'd they get you for?

I believe the word you are looking for is:

'CONSPIRACY'

or

Cons piracy

Edited by animatic

There are still some people unable to separate this case, which was about a fraudulent activity that took place in 2007 to that of the Now defunct Rice scheme.

It was NOTHING to do with the now defunct Yingluck scheme, but hey, don't let your coloured blinkers prevent you from jumping to conclusions.

The rhetoric shown by some TVF members goes against the "reconciliation" of the country, and yet they expect the Thai's to hug each other and sing Kumbayayh over a camp fire roasting marshmallows and set aside their differences?? whistling.gif

You raise a great point. So if rice scamming was occurring in 2007, that is interesting

because I was here in 2007, and to the best of my memory the I never ever saw the words

rice scam in the media. Meaning whatever was happening then, it was the tiniest fraction of

what has happened recently with the massive rice scam. So extrapolating forward, that means

Regarding rhetoric, as you reap so shall you sow. Thaksin, Yingluck and the PTP have nearly

brought Thailand to the brink of ruin with corruption, nepotism, and cronyism at levels that were almost unthinkable previously . So to skewer them, and show them for what they are, will help with reconciliation. Wait a minute, perhaps the reconciliation you are thinking of is the amnesty bill Yingluck / PTP tried to ram through in the middle of the night pardoning the PTP members for corruption ? That one ?

Oh, so nepotism, cronyism and corruption are the monopoly of just the PTP then? Seriously sir, all sides and that includes the Military have these very same issues, the brink of ruin ? A bit melodramatic is it not? I have no problems pursuing those who are corrupt or participated in corruption, but we both know, the focus is to pursue the Thaksin supporting people first, me? I'd like to see the guilty on BOTH sides, and that includes motormouth Suthep facing the same level of vigour.

Reconciliation as the one coming from the Generals camp wink.png you're another one who can't seem to focus on the future, and have difficulty in letting go of the past. I don't know much about the Amnesty bill, but from what I can gather it was passed by the house, that was on both sides, it was the last minute change that the Democrats said would not be in the peoples interests, making a reference to Thaksin being able to return. The Bill was then killed off, it didn't happen, it's almost like saying " we nearly won the cup" when you still lost the game.

There are thousands of Thai businessmen and women out there on both sides of the fence, who have been involved in corruption and corrupt deals, lets not be selective, and lets see the lot of them punished, whether is be from rice, fruit, palm oil,construction or textile industry, pursue the cancer of corruption across the board.

You are exactly correct, no single group in Thailand has the monopoly on corruption. All that can be done at this point is to try to correct current corruption. As I have stated before on TV, I do not believe that there is a single Thai government official that could withstand a full investigative

check into their finances and come out looking clean. And that probably hold true for a number of Thai businessmen, clearly including this guy. Regarding past corruption, not really sure how far to go back. More than one year ? Sure. Cases from fifty years ago? No. For myself personally, I would LOVE to see who the money went to for the airport security scanners. So that gets my vote as a great start.

The bottom line right now is that corruption is great way to make lots of money. So in essence it is being rewarded. When corrupt people are caught, prosecuted, and thrown in jail for 20 years, you

will then see corruption stop. Just research how Singapore was able to stop it. What happened to this guy is a perfect example of what is wrong. Caught, prosecuted, tap on the wrist fine, impressive

looking jail time to mollify people, instant bail, and then appeals drag on for years until the case is forgotten or dismissed for lack of evidence.

Prosecuting thoroughly any group, will be a shot across the bows of all others,

'Change or you can make the list very quickly.' That is how corruption is reduced,

make it appear unprofitable in the long run.

the message the 'establishment' is sending to the Thai people, especially the more affluent ones that may run with the PhuaThai party, is that if you support the PhuaThai, you will likly be prosecuted on bogus 'corruption' charges, whereas the dictatorships flagship party 'the democrats' will never face 'corruption' charges so you will be punished by biased courts if you go PhuaThai, and rewarded if you go Democrat. They think this intimidation and possibly a new undemocratic constitution will force the collapse of the PhuaThai and boost the 'democrats'

Everything else has failed to prevent the PhuaThai from winning elections an this will likly also fail.

What 'bogus' corruption charges? Are you denying this crime happened?

Som nam naa you cheating slag!!! Another red cheat where he belongs!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Yes indeed but the sentence is too light, should have been 15 - 20 and lose the key.

That's an incredibly disingenuous comment to make, so you believe that this coup surpasses all the hard work that the reigning Monarch has accomplished over his time ?

I don't think that is what he means at all. I interpret what he is saying is that this is the single best thing to happen to Thailand where after decades of escalating corruption a serious attempt is being made to put the country's house in order.

IF..... and it's a big 'if'....... they succeed in what has always been perceived as an impossible dream then I and most Thais from ALL walks of life would probably agree with him.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

Fraud and embezzlement occur in all walks of life, and I'm willing to bet there's been a few "expenses" claims submitted by some forum members that were not "accurate" and a few extra items were added to them.. thats fraud. Especially the good old "mileage" when using ones personal car, with a thought "what's another 15-20 miles added, it's a big company, it's peanuts to them" ...fraud.

British MP's have been slowly been brought to account in their fraudulent expenses claims, time for the Thai's and the Farangs who have done the same to their employers be brought to account, Yeah Farangs!! The ones who work for Thai company's, I've no doubt there's some of them at the ham too!!

There are still members getting confused on this case, and the shambolic rice pledging scheme and they're trying to link dots, when it's more a case of the square peg in the round hole. All they're seeing is "Thaksin" and then the blinkers come down, the brains and the fingers on the keyboards start to go into overdrive.

This guy was found guilty... As far as anybody can tell, there are hundreds of billions of baht missing. The farmers certainly did not have this money, as they are committing suicide and going into debt with money lenders...Yingluck was head of the rice commission, and it was Thaksin who crafted the program. I am a really big believer in where there is smoke there is fire, so now just a matter of time before Yingluck is grilled on her role in this matter.

From the OP.

"The Samut Prakarn provincial court Tuesday sentenced a close aide to ex-pm Thaksin Shinawatra to six years in jail and fined him Bt12,000 after finding him guilty of embezzlement and fraud for his failure to deliver a Bt200-million rice shipment to Iran."

You seem not to have read the OP, but I think personally you are rather just part of the bullying gang of Thaksin haters trying to shut up people having a discussion. I think you know full well what happened and you are just putting your fingers in your ear and trying to shout everyone else down. But maybe you just don't know:

This crime was committed in 2007, when the military government was in full charge and had been for a year. It had long before run Thaksin out of government and was well on its way to ferreting out his various chicanery, cronyism and deals of which this crime was NOT a part, according to the military government's own investigation. There was no Thaksin around. There also was no such thing as PTP. There was no Yingluck in government, she and the PTP would come YEARS after this crime.

This was a scam run under the supervision of the military government's commerce ministry. It was later investigated by the Democrat government. THEN came a rice-purchase programme, the return of the Shinawatras, etc, YEARS after this crime occurred.

You are only allowed you own (addled, crazy) opinion, not your own facts.

I don't think that is what he means at all. I interpret what he is saying is that this is the single best thing to happen to Thailand where after decades of escalating corruption a serious attempt is being made to put the country's house in order.

IF..... and it's a big 'if'....... they succeed in what has always been perceived as an impossible dream then I and most Thais from ALL walks of life would probably agree with him.

Except the person whose coat you are holding did not say IF and did not say "might be". He said it IS the best thing that ever happened to Thailand. Personally, I think your good friend owes an apology for such an egregious comment, but in any case your defence of him is totally wrong despite your attempts to edit his remarks.

I don't know "most Thais" as you claim to do, but I do not know one single lone solitary Thai who would equate some "house in order" moves by a dictator to surpass 60 years and more of work by the king. I'd like to know more about this poll/survey you claim because ... well, no harsh words here, let's say I'm sceptical about how many Thais you know and how well you know them.

Edited by wandasloan

You're probably correct in that was what he meant it to be, but this would mean he's hundreds of years old, and has lived in Thialand since it stopped being Siam, to make such a comment.. he used a poor choice of words really.

I'd have written, should I have been resident a long time in Thailand ..

"I believe this coup is the best thing to have occurred in my time here, with regards to cleaning up past Governments failures"

;) It's easy to see how a play on words can be misinterpreted

Fraud and embezzlement occur in all walks of life, and I'm willing to bet there's been a few "expenses" claims submitted by some forum members that were not "accurate" and a few extra items were added to them.. thats fraud. Especially the good old "mileage" when using ones personal car, with a thought "what's another 15-20 miles added, it's a big company, it's peanuts to them" ...fraud.

British MP's have been slowly been brought to account in their fraudulent expenses claims, time for the Thai's and the Farangs who have done the same to their employers be brought to account, Yeah Farangs!! The ones who work for Thai company's, I've no doubt there's some of them at the ham too!!

There are still members getting confused on this case, and the shambolic rice pledging scheme and they're trying to link dots, when it's more a case of the square peg in the round hole. All they're seeing is "Thaksin" and then the blinkers come down, the brains and the fingers on the keyboards start to go into overdrive.

It must be a coincidence that PT/Thaksin and the Reds are 90% of the time at the hart of controversy, violence, cronyism, nepotism and corruption... And that for over a decade. The desert rat is truly misunderstood I guess.

Edited by Nickymaster

You have obviously missed something (indeed have missed a lot)

I said what I believe, I said what I meant to say and nothing else.

If someone wants to interpret what I have not said, in some other way I am pleased that I am not your wife, a child or a friend (if you have any) bah.gif

It must be a coincidence that PT/Thaksin and the Reds are 90% of the time at the hart of controversy, violence, cronyism, nepotism and corruption... And that for over a decade. The desert rat is truly misunderstood I guess.

Well considering they've been in power for the best part of that 10 years, it's no surprise they're the focus, and not without justification either, however, at a haphazard guess, that you're a Democrat/Yellow supporter, you'd of course be able to say that the short tenure of the appointment to power, through the Junta, of the Democrats, was totally flawless, there was no abuse of power, no cronyism, nepotism or corruption what so ever during that time? It was a Shangrila, a Utopia, serendipity, so much so, that the happy happy people, free from all the things you mentioned...actually voted for someone else?

Corruption doesn't make a distinction between allegiances, or shirt colours, or positions in society as far as I'm concerned, and that should be the same for everyone who wants to see and end to it. Yellow, White, Red, Black Brown, or Pink.. you participate in corruption, you pay the consequences, doesn't matter if you're the PM, or the guy who cleans his shitter, if you're corrupt, it makes no odds, it makes no odds if it was over 10,000 baht or 100M baht, the definition remains the same..

Actually now that you mention it, you could also swap out the name of the PTP/Thaksin and replace it with the current establishment, and the same tune would still be played ;)

The reds are far from innocent, but lets not deflect a common problem away from the other players in Thai Politics who are not of the red variety :D

I do not think that the Democrat Party politicians and the old money guys in general are any less corrupt, self serving and

whatnot. They just had a longer run at it and are more adept at corruption etiquette and covering their tracks. Having more

media stories on corruption does not necessarily mean that there's more corruption, rather it could mean that it is of amore

blatant nature, or that media outlets have more incentive to cover these issues. And as the Man in Dubai allegedly said -

the real smart guys play for the other team.

Regarding rhetoric - it would do well, both for Thailand and Thais, and both for TVF and foreigners living here, to take it

down a couple of notches. Getting into payback and revenge mode is very tempting, but not always very constructive in

the long term. Doesn't mean things need to be dusted under the carpet, or that transgressions and sins be absolved - a

price need to be paid for wrongs done. Just that it can be carried out with a cooler head.

Does reconciliation refer specifically to Thaksin, Yingluck and the rest of the PTP and red-shirt leadership? The way that

I understand it - more to do with bridging the divides between ordinary Thais. Keeping the flames going and insisting on

someone having to "win" is not going to make this happen.

Hang on. When the PTP or UDD were associated with the violence over the past 7 months the tidal wave of comments were "No they are not. show us the proof". When the rice scheme was tainted with corruption the audacity of the regime supporters to suggest that it isn't because there is no proof was ludicrous and if those replies were a disease they would make the black death look like a common cold. Every single evil, corrupt, reprehensible thing the shin regimes and UDD have ever done (or did not do because of a lack of evidence) are defended with the "no they didn't, no evidence" reply.

YET when there is no evidence against the DEM's it is because they are really good at it!!! Are you serious? You suggest the DEM's are as corrupt as the PTP if not more (which is a very big call) taking into account they have not even had the amount of cases raised in the courts by the shin regime let alone needing evidence for these imaginary cases. The only thing the shin regime do more naturally than being corrupt is at filing law suits on anyone or anything that goes against it's agenda yet they just cannot seem to do it against the DEM's in the capacity that you suggest they are corrupt.

So when the PTP are corrupt, unwavering solid evidence is demanded. But the DEM's….well when they are not corrupt it is because they are very good at it or it is a conspiracy by the media.

Not saying the DEM's are squeaky clean of course, but your analogy is littered with PTP rhetoric that would qualify you as a front runner for the busiest and hardest PTP job in their illegal violence driven regime. The "Minister for Denying" which was filled by Pongthep Nopparit previously and currently by Chawalit Wichayasut who said "the party denied it was involved in setting up the 2014 version of Seri Thai" Even when the PTP are a spent force they are still denying!

Even O.J Simpson didn't deny as much as the PTP do.

The DEM's even had an online budget tracking site that allowed the public to transparently track the spending and where the money was going. The PTP's first job was to remove that site. I wonder why.. I still have the back door to the site though and it shows though undoubtedly some of the party members were not completely clean at least the Right Honorable Ahbisit was sincere in his approach to budget transparency.

The PTP and yingluck had to be slapped with a court order to hold public water management hearings!!!

Never claimed that the PTP (or any of Thaksin's other parties) weren't corrupt and never took up denying it. If anything,

quite the opposite. Never had something good to say about the rice scam. So wouldn't know what they first bit got to

do with my post.

The Democrat Party, Old Money and previous military regimes had. between themselves, more years at the helm than

Thaksin and his cronies. If you wish to believe that a decade or so of Shin rule totaled more in corruption, that's alright.

Me, I think that corruption was here way before Thaksin, and even with him and his parties in control, other groups did

continue to benefit as well.

Not sure how do you mean "no evidence against the DEMS" - over the years I lived here there were quite a few cases

which did involve Democrat Party politicians. Naturally, keeping in line with traditions of legal proceedings in Thailand,

getting wrongdoing corrected and punished is not always what happens. This is true, by the way, not exclusively only

for politically related cases. I think that nowadays, and especially with the advent of social media, it is much harder to

cover tracks and keep the lead on stories - which is one reason more details surface regarding cases with previously

would have been hushed up, or taken care of more discreetly. Having never tallied and compared all of the politically

related corruption cases, I wouldn't be as bold as you, in saying that PTP (guessing you include TRT & PPP) members

had more cases brought against them then the Democrats. If you limit your count to the first Thaksin government and

onwards, that is quite probable - however, I was referring to a broader time frame.

In my opinion, one would be hard pressed to find a Thai politician worth his salt, of any party, not involved somehow in

corruption on some level. Some are bigger fish than others, for sure, and in general, the party in power gets a better

shot at it.

The whole thing about asking for evidence only when PTP cases are involved, is again, purely your imagination. Not

exactly sure when you got this notion from. Same goes for denying PTP wrongdoings - which I did not. Undecided if

your repeated attempts to to attribute me a political stance which I do not subscribe to are amusing or pathetic, could

go for amusingly pathetic, or pathetically amusing....choices, choices.

Some people have a hard time accepting that not everyone posting here is a devout worshiper of either side. I tend to

take it as a sign I'm on the right track when people on both sides see me, at different times, as supporting their rivals.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would like to believe he will be the first of many prosecuted for rice fraud? but one is better than none!

The Yingluck government guaranteed a price to the Thai rice farmers and dodgy dealings in administering the scheme led to what is now commonly known as the rice fraud. I suggest that non-exports to Iran are nothing to do with the rice fraud. Does anyone really believe this crook will spend 6 years in jail? THB12,000 fine is hardly a punishment.

Technically not part of the actual Farmers Rice Sceme,but an offshoot of the Scam,showing that the rice was fair game for con merchants!

Well considering they've been in power for the best part of that 10 years, it's no surprise they're the focus, and not without justification either, however, at a haphazard guess, that you're a Democrat/Yellow supporter, you'd of course be able to say that the short tenure of the appointment to power, through the Junta, of the Democrats, was totally flawless, there was no abuse of power, no cronyism, nepotism or corruption what so ever during that time? It was a Shangrila, a Utopia, serendipity, so much so, that the happy happy people, free from all the things you mentioned...actually voted for someone else?

Corruption doesn't make a distinction between allegiances, or shirt colours, or positions in society as far as I'm concerned, and that should be the same for everyone who wants to see and end to it. Yellow, White, Red, Black Brown, or Pink.. you participate in corruption, you pay the consequences, doesn't matter if you're the PM, or the guy who cleans his shitter, if you're corrupt, it makes no odds, it makes no odds if it was over 10,000 baht or 100M baht, the definition remains the same..

Actually now that you mention it, you could also swap out the name of the PTP/Thaksin and replace it with the current establishment, and the same tune would still be played wink.png

The reds are far from innocent, but lets not deflect a common problem away from the other players in Thai Politics who are not of the red variety biggrin.png

For the obvious record, PTP politicians committed unprecedented acts of graft on a scale not seen here before; the rice scheme, proceeds from flooding funds, the car scheme, the home scheme, on and on it goes. Doesn't mean other parties didn't ever do it, but not on such an epidemic level absolutely damaging the heck out of the country with everything they do and plan on a massive scale- nor with such ineptitude in which everything they did failed disastrously.

• Like 2

I would like to believe he will be the first of many prosecuted for rice fraud? but one is better than none!

The Yingluck government guaranteed a price to the Thai rice farmers and dodgy dealings in administering the scheme led to what is now commonly known as the rice fraud. I suggest that non-exports to Iran are nothing to do with the rice fraud. Does anyone really believe this crook will spend 6 years in jail? THB12,000 fine is hardly a punishment.

Technically not part of the actual Farmers Rice Sceme,but an offshoot of the Scam,showing that the rice was fair game for con merchants!

Technically, an offshoot would have come after the Rice Scam and not earlier.

Could have been a precursor, but I do not believe it was even a first conned rice deal ever.

If sugar cane, wheat and olives are anything to go by (naming three I know something about) this sort of thing been

going on since mills were invented.

The Rice Scam was not all that innovative, just on much larger scale than ever before. Obviously people who thought

it up had inside knowledge of rice trade and probably (like this guy) previous experience with all manner of crooked

dealings related to it.

Actually now that you mention it, you could also swap out the name of the PTP/Thaksin and replace it with the current establishment, and the same tune would still be played wink.png

The reds are far from innocent, but lets not deflect a common problem away from the other players in Thai Politics who are not of the red variety biggrin.png

For the obvious record, PTP politicians committed unprecedented acts of graft on a scale not seen here before; the rice scheme, proceeds from flooding funds, the car scheme, the home scheme, on and on it goes. Doesn't mean other parties didn't ever do it, but not on such an epidemic level absolutely damaging the heck out of the country with everything they do and plan on a massive scale- nor with such ineptitude in which everything they did failed disastrously.

Thanks, maybe that's a better wording for some of my previous posts.

Not necessarily that, overall, the TRT/PPP/PTP robbed the country for more, but they sure got busy in a very short

time span. Bleeding the country bit by bit is generally more acceptable, and long term, certainly more sustainable.

You have obviously missed something (indeed have missed a lot)

I said what I believe, I said what I meant to say and nothing else.

If someone wants to interpret what I have not said, in some other way I am pleased that I am not your wife, a child or a friend (if you have any) bah.gif

Okay, you say I've missed a lot? lets have a look at what you actually said shall we?

So you're a Thai Judge or Lawyer, and know the law(s), and the applicable sentences that apply under the circumstances of this particular case? So you're basing the sentence on emotion, rather than the laws and evidence?

No need to nail your true colours to the mast, the Generals message in regards to reconciliation is meaningless to you? Of course they are, you're not a THAI for starters.

I believe this coup is the best thing ever to occur in the realm

How long have you resided in Thailand to be able to make that observation? How many coups have you been through to realise that NOTHING ever changed, and that each time everyone said "ah but this time it will be different" ? To state it's the best thing to have ever occured in the Realm is a slap to the face of the Monarchy who have strived to make things better, in your own words, this coup is better than anything His Majesty the King has ever done for his people and his country? I'm not being funny here, but I'd say that's borderline LM in what you've stated.

I am pleased that I am not your wife, a child or a friend (if you have any) bah.gif

And to close it all off, you actually have the brass neck to end it with an insult? I'm not on TVF to make friends, I'm here to debate and learn more about the country I have chosen to now call my home, I try to avoid petty insults, but I have 3 wonderful Children, who have never shown anything less than love and respect for me, I have 2 ex wives, whom I am still friends with, I have a Thai wife, who couldn't care less about people who stoop to insults, and I have enough friends, that I wouldn't feel the need to add you to that list, I have brothers in arms, who would put their lives on the line for me, and I for them... I've enough friends that I can rely on for support and trust thank you.

A voice within reason, spot on Gemini, it's the scale that things went to that makes it appear worse, in financial terms the amounts are indeed a quantum leap, as opposed to other reported areas of corruption, I have no time for those who have benefited from, or instigated corruption. This is why the Judiciary needs urgent reforms before tackling those guilty of corruption, so that they DO get what they deserve within the parameters of the Law, in every country they say "The Law's and ass" but here in Thailand, it's like a bag of spanners, there's no continuity, 6 years for fraud and embezzlement of 200M Baht, and a 12,000 baht fine compared to 15 years in Jail, and what was it? a 1M baht fine for 250mg of cocaine?

• Like 1