is town water going to kill us

opalred

for years was on well water then last dry was short of water so put on town water i have large fish ponds at house with many

fish and large kobi i topped up ponds with town water all fish died now angry fish owner at water board loading water with

heaps of posion chem to people cheers allan

• Like 1

No, it's not going to kill you (but we don't drink village water without it going through our RO system).

But, I thought all fish enthusiasts knew about the danger of chlorine in town water.

• Like 1

No, it's not going to kill you (but we don't drink village water without it going through our RO system).

But, I thought all fish enthusiasts knew about the danger of chlorine in town water.

Crossy,do they add Chlorine?,i can never taste it like i did back in the uk or Aus.

Crossy,do they add Chlorine?,i can never taste it like i did back in the uk or Aus.

Don't all municipal water systems add chlorine? Its probably the cheapest disinfectant available and kills most microorganisms...and, unfortunately fish?

Is there any treatment that offers more bang for the buck?

Edited by ClutchClark

I wouldn't trust any of Tessa-baan or gov.water,we lost some nice fish a couple of months ago,we never put the fish in the pond after its been cleaned for at least 4-5hrs.but this time the chlorine was very very strong so now we use RQ contract chlorine,it neutralizes chlorine and chloramine for fresh water.some time last yr.there was a lot of fish killed by poisoned water from an ise making factory but the authorities forgot to tell any house hold but you could smell it.

our pond holds 3,000lts of water but one bottle of RQ MAKES IT SAFE.red and white plastic btl.120ml.=35bht.

I wouldn't trust any of Tessa-baan or gov.water,we lost some nice fish a couple of months ago,we never put the fish in the pond after its been cleaned for at least 4-5hrs.but this time the chlorine was very very strong so now we use RQ contract chlorine,it neutralizes chlorine and chloramine for fresh water.some time last yr.there was a lot of fish killed by poisoned water from an ise making factory but the authorities forgot to tell any house hold but you could smell it.

our pond holds 3,000lts of water but one bottle of RQ MAKES IT SAFE.red and white plastic btl.120ml.=35bht.

I can't find anything on the internet but that is a very diluted concentration to still be effective, if my math is correct, its 40 ppm.

What is the "wait" time after adding it?

I didn't think you could buy anything for 35 Bht anymore ;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

I can't find anything on the internet but that is a very diluted concentration to still be effective, if my math is correct, its 40 ppm.

What is the "wait" time after adding it?

I didn't think you could buy anything for 35 Bht anymore ;-)

the wf.buys 3bottles at a time from a fish and pet store[save one] market korat.we also got a tank[50lts] for tropical fish and use it every time we clean it,cap full.when we change the water normally wait to re-introduce the fish 10hrs.

the time when we lost some fish there were a few in a distressed state floating side ways belly up but after applying

the treatment they did survive.

on the bottle it looks like the co.name M.S.ROYAL AQUARIUM LTD.,but there is a telephone no.02-6832003-6.

• Like 1