looking for 1 week+ 'vacation rental' on north side of Surin railroad

jaideeguy

Planning a trip down to Surin to visit wife's family and I would like to find a furnished rental for a week or more.......

preferably on the north west side of the city and built to western standards, internet, sit down toilet, cooking facilities, and all that good stuff that we older Falangs need for our comfort. We're a family of 4, with 2 well mannered teenage kids, so at least 2 bedrooms are needed.

Any suggestions??

If so, then you can leave me an English speaking contact number by PM and I'll give you a call.

Thanks in advance..............

I tend to agree with Dilligad. In fact I will go one further, you would have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a 2/3 bedroom house/apartment to rent for only one week in Surin. To talk about what is possible then the Martina Hotel is your best bet. Just Google the Martina Hotel and you will find a double room is 510 Baht/night. Presumably you would need two adjacent rooms. This hotel is just north of the railway track, a relatively quiet location and close to town.

If the Martina is the recommended choice, then I guess that we will have to go with that.

My distaste for hotels in general is that I like to cook my breakfast in my room, as I've never found a decent hotel breakfast in all of LOS in 13 years.

There is also a good chance that my wife may stay on for a month or more and if that does happen, then she would need a furnished apartment, so I'll expand my search for that.............

any recommendations for that on the north side of the RR tracks??

Not much on the north side either that fits your needs. I only know of one set of rented apartments that come equipped with a kitchen. Basically a studio with a kitchen. I can't remember the name of them though, they were only completed about 7 months ago, built by an English guy named Jack and his wife. Anybody know the name of them?

Martina hotel has these small bungalow things though, they might be about your best bet all told.

Not much on the north side either that fits your needs. I only know of one set of rented apartments that come equipped with a kitchen. Basically a studio with a kitchen. I can't remember the name of them though, they were only completed about 7 months ago, built by an English guy named Jack and his wife. Anybody know the name of them?

Martina hotel has these small bungalow things though, they might be about your best bet all told.

Thanks Cam, hopefully someone can come up with a contact for those apartments you mention...............

Re: the bungalows at Martina hotel, I didn't see them on their website, but will look again. What I like about bungalows is that most are set up where you can drive up to them and unload your stuff and we always travel with a lot of stuff, sometimes including a small camping gas stove, pan for eggs and toast and most importantly...........coffee.

I have an apartment in the city that I stay in during the week so I get some time out of the village.

What I have done is bought one of those single burner electric hob things from Big C for about 800 Baht. So if I fancy bacon and eggs or something, I just plug it in an cook on it. It's not ideal but its an option.

We have one of those single burner gas hobs that uses the mini lpg gas bottles and works better than our gas stove at home. Boils a couple of cups of water in 3 minutes or less. Great for picnics, camping and hotels.