Man leaves dead body in Bangkok taxi

webfact

Man leaves dead body in Bangkok taxi
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxi-d.jpg?itok=u6DlhSAY

BANGKOK: -- Usually it’s a phone, wallet or camera. One Bangkok taxi driver was shocked to discover what one customer left in his car Monday morning – a dead body.

Taxi driver Uten Petchsikiew told police a teenage boy hailed his taxi in the Bang Nam Chuet district of Samut Sakhon province and put something in the trunk of the car before telling him to drive to Bangkok’s Bang Khun Thian district.

After the boy paid his fare and got out the taxi, Uten later realized his customer left his baggage in the trunk. He stopped the car to check it and discovered a dead man stuffed in a garbage bag. Once he got over the shock, Uten took it to the police. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/25/man-leaves-dead-body-bangkok-taxi

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-06-25

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the little fella has an older brother, and mam and dad were rich?

Or, EDIT: Tomorrow's news; Second taxi driver, best mates with another taxi driver, finds another body to boot!

Edited by UbonRatch

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Having lived here a while, precious little surprises me any more...

Where else would you put a dead body, everywhere around the world bodies are left in Taxi bootscheesy.gif

Cut it up, of course, and eat it. Thai with lemon grass in green curry sauce.... yummy. ;)

seems strange how the teenager managed to get a man's dead body to the roadside, hail down a cab (presumably with the dead body by his side), got the driver to open the boot, lifted the dead body, and squeezed it into the boot, all by the side of a public road, without raising any suspicions...

...maybe he offered the driver a meter +50 baht deal

• Like 2

I don't buy that story. The taxi driver sits in the car, opens the trunk and let someone lift at least 50 KG in his trunk without standing next to him? And then he

"forgets" to remind the teenage boy of his luggage? coffee1.gif

I'm with you on this one. No-one dumps 50-60kg into the boot of a taxi (in consideration of our American consumers) without the taxi driver taking note.

• Like 1

In the original Bk Post article it said the man was 20-25, which is NOT a teenager, who hailed a cab in Samut Sakhon, had the driver wait while he put the "package" in the trunk, then had the driver drop him off at the Samae dam area in Bang Khun Thien area of Bangkok.

Typical Thai reporting, no two stories are the same. No one seems to bother to actually check little things like FACTS.

• Like 2

In the original Bk Post article it said the man was 20-25, which is NOT a teenager, who hailed a cab in Samut Sakhon, had the driver wait while he put the "package" in the trunk, then had the driver drop him off at the Samae dam area in Bang Khun Thien area of Bangkok.

Typical Thai reporting, no two stories are the same. No one seems to bother to actually check little things like FACTS.

You are aware you are on Thai Visa?

Facts are generally incidental to the majority of posts. smile.png

Good point. I had a momentary lapse and forgot where I was. clap2.gif

The Thais refer to 20 sometings still as teenagers. Their word for it anyway. They shouldn't use the word teenager in English, as we use it to describe the ages with the teen suffix only.

In reality, many 30 somethings here could be referred to as teenagers.