This Doctors Thainess probably saved my life!

ppmacready

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The doctor likely suspected an intestinal blockage given your stomach symptoms. One of the causes for GERD: An unorthodox lifestyle.

BTW he has only said that he has 'pledged' 100K to charity -- he doesn't say that he has actually given it.

Good yoghurt will help GERD, you should get a yoghurt maker!!

Oz

Just to point out, you don't need a yoghurt maker in Thailand, room temperature is perfect.

The bacteria that ferment milk into yogurt are typically (there are exceptions) thermophilic bacteria, active at elevated temperatures. Therefore, to make nice thick yogurt you must incubate it, maintaining it in a temperature range between 110° and 115°F/43° and 46°C.

http://www.splendidtable.org/story/yogurt-an-excerpt-from-the-art-of-fermentation

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctor likely suspected an intestinal blockage given your stomach symptoms. One of the causes for GERD: An unorthodox lifestyle.

BTW he has only said that he has 'pledged' 100K to charity -- he doesn't say that he has actually given it.

Oh ye trolls of little faith!

Every year my daughter and I raise money for Thai charitys.

For example with friends I ''pledged''to raise 200k for the Bangkok floods.

I underwrite the amount.

Last year due to a broken shoulder I didn't 'pledge' to raise anything but my daughter and I raised 35K over Christmas.

Which I think was used to make mushroom farms at childrens homes.

They cost 10K each if you would like to make a 'difference' and donate.

This year before my Peripheral neuropathy was diagnosed I pledged to raise 100K with my daughter.

If I'm unable to go out collecting because of my PN I will have to fork out the 100k myself.

I'm sending you privately a letter of recognition I received from the President of a charity club I support.

And of Jazz receiving recognition for the work she does.

I hope it changes your opinion of what you implied.

If I posted it on here you can imagine what the trolls would say.

I'm sending you privately a letter of recognition from the President of a charity I support.

When you read the contents as a 'troll' you will understand why I sent it privately.

I hope it changes your negative views on life!

I'm sending you privately a letter of recognition from the President of a charity I support.

When you read the contents as a 'troll' you will understand why I sent it privately.

You have noted elsewhere that you are a member of service group -- you make it sound as if you are doing all this charity work as an individual.BTW I know who is this int'l service group but Forum rules prevent me from mentioning it here.

So as I noted before receiving your PM you are a member of a large int'l service org. and raise funds on their behalf. Which is not what someone might infer just reading your posts about how YOU raised funds etc.

Edited by JLCrab

Boy that's some medical history for a young 'lucky' guy

Some see life as the glass half full.

The trolls see the glass as half empty.

Thats all.

We all get different hands dealt to us in life.

Its all about how you play them.

Two of the happiest people I know are my friend who is in a wheelchair with multiple sclerosis and another who lives happily on only 500bht a day.

There are trolls on here probably in much better positions health wise and financially, yet appear to be unhappy with their lot.

I have a friend whose kitchen is bigger than my house.

Yet his one of 2 very rich guys who I class as the unhappiest men I know.

The harder I worked, the luckier I found I got.

I am the Founder of a US 501c3 non-profit (aka registered charity in UK) whose work regarding disadvantaged populations is known for better or worse all over the world. I mostly concentrate these days on legal issues and matters such as UN treaties so I am on the computer for long hours every day.

The glass may be half-empty or half full; some medical conditions are unavoidable and some are the result of poor life-style choices.

You have noted elsewhere that you are a member of service group -- you make it sound as if you are doing all this charity work as an individual.BTW I know who is this int'l service group but Forum rules prevent me from mentioning it here.

So as I noted before receiving your PM you are a member of a large int'l service org. and raise funds on their behalf. Which is not what someone might infer just reading your posts about how YOU raised funds etc.

Apart from the 200k I raised with friends.

Jazz and I raise the money our selves.

For example the bears etc Jazz sells to raise money.

I buy for her to sell.

My point is -

I view life through rose colour glasses.

By some of the troll replys on here, it seems some do not.

They assume the posts are lies.

You can't even mention the type of car you drive without someone accusing you of being a poser!

I assume for the trolls its their game.

Thats all.

Two of the happiest people I know are my friend who is in a wheelchair with multiple sclerosis and another who lives happily on only 500bht a day.

There are trolls on here probably in much better positions health wise and financially, yet appear to be unhappy with their lot.

Blimey it's Cliché Central laugh.png

"if you have never had it performed I thoroughly recommend it."

Not without atleast buying me dinner first !

I didn't object to him entering the camera the first time, but I became suspicious after he began thrusting in and out a few hundred times.....I eventually removed my blindfold and was shocked to see it was a waist mounted device (please not I did NOT say 'Waste Mounted' device.). :P

In the club I belong to.

We are encouraged to find a project.

Then go and raise the money our selves.

Thats what I do each year.

Of course I'm happy to help anyone who needs support in the group.

All the funds I raise 'my self'.

Except some of my friends out side the club helped raised the 200K.

One member of the club arranged and organised on his own, an event last year that raised 1.2 million baht.

This year he hopes to bring in 1.5 million.

Needles to say, he see's the world through rose coloured glass's.

I view life through rose colour glasses. Great. Good for you. You also have an overwhelming propernsity to let people know about it. Forum rules on privacy issues prevent me from going any further.

Thats all.

I will give you 2 tiles to think about: "Arbeit macht Frei" and "The Best slaves are the ones who think they are free"

By my opinion people who telling around without asking what they do for charity dont give a shit for charity whatsoever, only merit making ... what do you want? a knighthood? Get a life!

I notice the same people on here post negative, snide and abusive posts. Marko kok prong, Ayjaydee, Sustento and Seastallion for example.

And most of the time offer little or no tangible information.

Yet are of such an informed mind and opinion to be judge and jury to whats posted.

I simpley say what I mean and mean what I say.

Its suppose to be a forum for amusing storys , opinions and information.

Of course from time to time I question the truth in articles posted.

But I don't make a career of attacking the poster as some do.

I'm informed another 3 months and ill be 'mobile and available' once again.

I hope I will trouble you less then with my ''unbelievable' storys.

Thats all.

I will give you 2 tiles to think about: "Arbeit macht Frei" and "The Best slaves are the ones who think they are free"

By my opinion people who telling around without asking what they do for charity dont give a shit for charity whatsoever, only merit making ... what do you want? a knighthood? Get a life!

Sounds like your a 'very pleasant' person, I'd guess another TV high achiever at school and in life.

I can see your gonna have a great time here in Thailand.

Let us know how you get on with that.

This is an open Forum barring conforming to the posted Forum Rules. But I don't see how anyone can post a comment like:

For the record Ive had an unusual, unorthodox , exciting, blessed, contented, happy life.

... and not expect to be razzed.

I had a colonoscopy last year at age 46. The Dr removed 3 polyps. Told me to come back in 5 years for another check. The uncomfortable feeling of the procedure and peace of mind definitely outweighs the discomfort of not knowing.

I had a colonoscopy last year at age 46. The Dr removed 3 polyps. Told me to come back in 5 years for another check. The uncomfortable feeling of the procedure and peace of mind definitely outweighs the discomfort of not knowing.

Th bigger discomfort with a colonoscopy is the 1-2 day purging of your system -- the procedure itself is no big deal.

Th bigger discomfort with a colonoscopy is the 1-2 day purging of your system -- the procedure itself is no big deal.

They give you a medicine to take that morning.

Believe me, it cleans you out in one sitting.

There may be something they use for an emergency colonoscopy when suspecting something like a bowel obstruction which is an immediate life-threatening condition but for a normal colonoscopy that is not the standard procedure:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/preparing-for-a-colonoscopy.shtml

BTW Maurice Gibb of 'The Bee Gees' died at age 53 from complications related to bowel obstruction.

Edited by JLCrab

I notice the same people on here post negative, snide and abusive posts. Marko kok prong, Ayjaydee, Sustento and Seastallion for example.

And most of the time offer little or no tangible information.

Yet are of such an informed mind and opinion to be judge and jury to whats posted.

I simpley say what I mean and mean what I say.

Its suppose to be a forum for amusing storys , opinions and information.

Of course from time to time I question the truth in articles posted.

But I don't make a career of attacking the poster as some do.

I'm informed another 3 months and ill be 'mobile and available' once again.

I hope I will trouble you less then with my ''unbelievable' storys.

Not negative, snide, nor abusive. I simply asked what symptoms made you think of either GERD or kidney stones as viable options as they have nothing symptomatically in common, unless it's "feeling unwell" in which case why didn't you think of a thousand other things.

You replied by asking me to wager 200k, and used your reply as a platform to spout about your tireless philanthropy.

You imply that I make a career out of attacking posters. I do not. But I do not hold back with the skepticism when I see something odd.

You're fond of calling your detractors trolls. That's not a pot/kettle situation, unless the kettle happens to be a modern stainless steel one.

Stop the bickering please.

It's supposed to be a forum for amusing stories , opinions and information ... and self-aggrandizement

3 years ago I felt unwell.

I thought its another kidney stone or GERD.

I explained this to the Doc at the No 1 hospital in Pattaya.

You need a Colonoscopy he said

Er but thats my back side I said.

Are you sure?

Dont you mean a Endoscopy into my stomach?

He got on his high horse and gave me a lot of verbal.

I still thought he was probably wrong.

But BUPA were paying and I thought as his the Doc he must know more than me.

After the procedure he said they found nothing to give me my symptoms, but they had found pre cancerous polyps which they had removed.

And now they wanted to do a Endoscopy.

As I originally predicted they found I had a bad dose of GERD.

I couldn't complain about having the Colonoscopy unnecessarily, because by luck the Doc saved me having a more serious problem 3-5 years down the road.

Probably saved my life.

. Omg. Please don't be so gullible and misplace praise. And remember, the end doesn't justify the means. If your account of the story is correct, the doctor should not be doing a colonoscopy, except to help pay for the addition into his house.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yeah.

And I'm still waiting for the OP to explain why he thinks a doctor ignoring his layman's diagnosis is "Thainess".

You have nothing else to do with your life than wait on TV for a reply?

Thats sad isn't it?

As I was treated at the hospital for kidney stones and GERD previously.

I thought my 'opinion' of what I had, was worth considering by the Doc.

Why he came to a decision to go in the other way was a surprise.

Instead of discussing it with me, he dismissed my thoughts without explanation and he adopted the aggressive 'Thai attitude' about my opinion.

I'm a Hi So Doc, so don't question me!

It turned out, I was right it was GERD.

The point of the post HOWEVER was.

What A RESULT!

This Doctors Thainess probably saved my life.

So how could I possibly complain.

I felt I was in his debt.

Even though it was GERD as I suspected.

Thats was the subject matter of the post.

The posts to this simple uncomplicated post then ranged from -

Positive, informative, helpful-

Good yoghurt will help GERD, you should get a yoghurt maker!!

You are a cynical person, not without due reason I suspect. However the recording time and date will be on the dvd. Usually this procedure is explained in detail beforehand and if you have never had it performed I thoroughly recommend it.

Perhaps he saved your life, perhaps not.

I hope he did.

The best pro for your body are you usually yourself, because different than the doctor you can feel what is going on.

Beside that: wrong or right decision by yourself or a doctor: You get the consequences (and not the doctor) so it is good to question everything.

To unhelpful, off topic posts from the same 'small' group -

And you haven't even once thought maybe these polyps were not real? (the Doc lied)

Which makes the OP sound like a bit of a tall story. (Surprise, surprise!) ( I was lying)

The real answer to this is of course the op,is simply mad as a march hare and with every thread he start's make less sense than one.( I'm now crazy)

Just the opposite I would have thought. It pours out of the OP like there's no tomorrow. ( I'm lying once again)

considering the post's you have regaled us with about your 'friends' and their woe's even a kamikazi pilot would be called lucky compared to them. ( er, funny?)

My observation is.

Noticeably the off topic posts are generally from the same posters.

Unhelpful, distrusting, occasionally offensive.

I must move in different circles.

In my life, I've never come across such negativity as here on TV.

I don't know anyone who immediately would feel a simple hospital story is a lie.

What would be the purpose?

Its certainly been an education for me.

If you mention the model of your car and its not a Ford, your posing.

If you have a successful relationship and your happy, its a lie.

I guess the cyber world is different from the 'real world' in that mouthing off in a public place would 'hurt'.

Mouthing of on TV is anonymous.

In public we chose to avoid, unhelpful, distrusting, offensive people.

A certain type eventually get estranged from people and their family.

On the positive side, its the same small group of 10 or so posters who constantly accuse and belittle others.

The remaining thousands contribute with helpful information and humour.

Which is , lets be honest.

What its like in the real world.

'Ave a great weekend.

re: post 56, I dont want to quote such a rambling post so have just used the number.

The OP may have been responded too in a totally different way had it been posted by someone else. You moan and complain and ridicule the replies you have received. Have you considered for one minute that it isnt just the content of the post but who is saying it.

Lets be honest, given the history and vein your posts are generally in, does it really surprise you the response you received.

If you tell enough nonsense you will become known as someone who spouts nonsense and will get the reaction of disbelief.

You started down that road and are now just reaping exactly what you sewed. You are your own worst enemy.

• Like 1

re: post 56, I dont want to quote such a rambling post so have just used the number.

The OP may have been responded too in a totally different way had it been posted by someone else. You moan and complain and ridicule the replies you have received. Have you considered for one minute that it isnt just the content of the post but who is saying it.

Lets be honest, given the history and vein your posts are generally in, does it really surprise you the response you received.

If you tell enough nonsense you will become known as someone who spouts nonsense and will get the reaction of disbelief.

You started down that road and are now just reaping exactly what you sewed. You are your own worst enemy.

We are all entitled to our opinion.

Difficult to answer your points without examples.

Given the symptoms the OP described -- whether or not the doctor was familiar with his previous GERD and kidney stone episodes -- the most immediate concern IMHO was that the doctor suspected there was some intestinal blockage only because that would be a reasonable explanation why the doctor wanted the the colonoscopy performed. Intestinal blockage -- despite all the humor -- is a life-threatening medical condition that can go undetected for years and suddenly become critical.