Bleeding rectum in Myanmar

hanuman2543

A friend of mine is in Myanmar (Mandalay) in the moment. Yesterday he had diarrhea. 30 minutes ago I recieved a message from him that he is bleeding from his rectum. He thinks that he has problems with hemorrhoids, but isn't sure about it. Tomorrow he will fly back to Thailand to see a doctor. He has insurance. He asked me about a good hospital in BKK. I suggested the Bumrumgard Hospital but maybe there are better alternatives. Who can advice me on the right hospital?

Thanks in advance

I have had excellent feedback from several people on Dr.Chucheep Sahakitrungruang.

He is at Bumrungrad Hosp Tuesdays only, 3-5 PM and also at Bangkok Christian Hospital on Mondays 1 - 2 PM only.

He is a Professor at a leading medical school and trained in the US (Cleveland Clinic - on of the very best facilities in the country).

If the bleeding has stopped by the time your friend arrives (or is very light spotting only) then could wait and see him, but if it is still ongoing then better not wait in which case I suggest

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Weerapat-Suwanthanma Bumrungrad Saturdays 5 - 8 PM

https://www.bumrungrad.com/doctors/Arun-Rojanasakul Bumrungrad Thursdays 5- 7 PM, Friday 1 - 3 PM, Saturdays 1 -4

The above 2 are recommended based on good qualifications only, no experience with them. Dr. Chucheep I have sent several people to with very favorable feedback.

BUMrumgard sounds about right... actually hope your friend improves if hemorroids tell him to pick up some suppositories with hydrocortisone. That's about all the doctor will do.

Actually, suppositories with hydrocortisone are primarily to stop "itching".

If you want to limit swelling and bleeding then you are better off finding one with Witch Hazel or finding a bottle of witch hazel and applying directly to the region.

Preparation H has Witch Hazel; however, its difficult to locate.

Also, warm baths with Epsom salts are quite helpful.

Cheryl, could this be something other than h-roids?

Edited by ClutchClark

BUMrumgard sounds about right... actually hope your friend improves if hemorroids tell him to pick up some suppositories with hydrocortisone. That's about all the doctor will do.

If you want to limit swelling and bleeding then you are better off finding one with Witch Hazel or finding a bottle of witch hazel and applying directly to the region.

You are incorrectly thinking of prep h or something else. Hydrocortisone is a steroid and these reduce swelling. Prep H is junk.

Edited by losworld

You are incorrectly thinking of prep h or something else. Hydrocortisone is a steroid and these reduce swelling. Prep H is junk.

I am quite aware of what I am thinking, lad.

There is simply no need for heavy medications like a corticosteroid with side effects and warnings when a mild astringent will do the trick as well or better.

Actually the priority is to determine the cause of the bleeding. Which could be hemorrhoids but could also be a number of other things (Diverticulosis, cancer etc). Best not to self treat at this point since what he has is not painful hemorrhoids but frank bleeding.

• Like 2

There is simply no need for heavy medications like a corticosteroid with side effects and warnings when a mild astringent will do the trick as well or better.

I don't think you do junior. Hydrocortisone is effective because it reduces swelling and not because of the itching aspect alone. I will repeat Prep H is junk.

I don't think you do junior. Hydrocortisone is effective because it reduces swelling and not because of the itching aspect alone. I will repeat Prep H is junk.

I am merely offering a suggestion to the fellow based on my own personal experience.

Now can you please save your attitude for General topics.

Edited by ClutchClark

Actually the priority is to determine the cause of the bleeding. Which could be hemorrhoids but could also be a number of other things (Diverticulosis, cancer etc). Best not to self treat at this point since what he has is not painful hemorrhoids but frank bleeding.

Good point but it could be internal hemmoroids and he would not feel it so much. Yes best to get it checked as it could be other things. But if painful could treat via a suppository to reduce swelling.