Visa run Burma .. Some closed?

My husband went to book visa run yesterday and was told that ranong and the adaman run was now closed... She rang around a few companies all said the same.. So he had to do a malaysia run in mini bus.. Pain the the bum...

Does anyone know if some borders are closed.. He has tourist visa so no back to back.. Just curious of this change..

In Phuket.. went to the normal place for booking visa she knew us, as we go regular there...

Sadao, does sound familiar, not sure about the money.. he will be home soon, thankfully, realised his next visa he can get 30 days extension before back to England..

Thanks for comfirming it is open, must be some companies are choosing not go to there..

No problem, only took me a quick call to confirm. That border rarely closes, although once it did shut in September 1999 and I got stuck there for a week trying to get back to work in Myanmar.

Quite possible that the visa run companies you called are just not doing Ranong at the moment for operational reasons.

Maybe something to do with the recent torrential rain causing access problems

Where was that rain?

Probably just some visa run companies not going there, not enough people to run, experienced problems lately, or any other number of reasons.

Be careful . I think Sadao,Dannok border is now dangerous.

Visa runners must have over 20000THB cash when crossing border?

See yesterday's article

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-visa-runners-caught-cash-immigration-scare/30941

the Thailand

not exactly true,

some people are asked ( had a report from someone ON THE VAN FROM PENANG that had trouble), on the phuket Facebook page

they asked the Russians and Koreans to show money

you can also show a thai bank atm receipt showing what you have available.

Also a run the Satun border is closer and hassle free an a more interesting drive

Edited by phuketrichard

I booked 2 weeks ago to go to Ranong for stamp out, rang 3 companies all told me closed cant go. We had to go to Satun which was pretty but defiantly longer to get to than Ranong

Just to reiterate, the border at Ranong/Kawthaung is NOT CLOSED.

Some border run companies may not be going there on their runs for various reasons, but the border itself is open and functioning as normal.