natural toothpaste

krey

suppose there isnt any places that sell natural toothpaste, trying to find one that does not have SLS or Gylcerin in the ingredients

if anyone knows of some places then please share, can be online as well if they deliver to thailand

if SLS is sodium lauryl sulfate, then Moa Jula might not help you, that is my problem here as well I have issues with sodium lauryl sulfate,, burns my mouth and have only found one tooth paste here that does not have it its the SLS Free one from that German Brand, I cant remember the name of it but its in a green and white tube and its got a little german flag attached to it... however the mint in that casses me problems haha

I done a lot of searching can never find a natural toothpaste here, most of the ones that say they are natural are still filled with lots of chemicals and are not really natural at all. I end up ordering Earthpaste Toothpaste, its made out of clay, you can even eat it. I love it works great, but i got to send it to my folks in Canada then send it here to get it, so gets expensive with the postage, my dad calls it the most expesnive toothpaste on earth thanks to the postage:)

oh by the way sodium lauryl sulfate,is anyone is curious is the stuff that makes your toothpaste creamy and foamy when you brush, its only purpose is to do that but its been known to cause burns, cancer sores and more, the stuff is even used as a pesticide, nice:) in any case once I stopped using toothpastes i stopped getting canker sores in my mouth, used to get them monthly, now i never get em.... canker sores, not to be confused with cold sores:)

Edited by kevindorian

So far as I know there arent any available, I always order mine via www.iherb.com

They have loads of natural toothpaste available, also check out their supplements. They are much better and cheaper then in Thailand ;)

Takes about 3 weeks to get in Thailand but more then satisfied about their services.

Maybe the new variety of Twin Lotus with activated charcoal might work for you. It's not foamy. It works great for me and I have sensitive teeth. BTW, for canker sores or a sore tongue, try rinsing your mouth with a weak solution of vinegar and water. It's counter-intuitive but it works.

Hell, just make your own, no big deal and infinitely cheaper. Baking soda, some peroxide, and activated charcoal (capsules widely available at pharmacies). Google for recipes. That's what I do. Next question: natural underarm deodorant. Baking soda & corn starch, maybe a drop of essential oil. Enjoy. smile.png

I don't know about the peroxide and charcoal bit, I mean, who wants black teeth. However, a paste of baking soda and some salt should do the trick. That and flossing should keep the mouth clean, which is the main point in oral health.

Hell, just make your own, no big deal and infinitely cheaper. Baking soda, some peroxide, and activated charcoal (capsules widely available at pharmacies). Google for recipes. That's what I do. Next question: natural underarm deodorant. Baking soda & corn starch, maybe a drop of essential oil. Enjoy. smile.png

I don't know about the peroxide and charcoal bit, I mean, who wants black teeth. However, a paste of baking soda and some salt should do the trick. That and flossing should keep the mouth clean, which is the main point in oral health.

And since when has mere ignorance ever inhibited a pretense to sagacity? Probably needed to add ".com" for you to the Google reference.

You can also add in some artificial sweetener.

Next.

Edited by JSixpack

And since when has mere ignorance ever inhibited a pretense to sagacity? Probably needed to add ".com" for you to the Google reference.

You can also add in some artificial sweetener.

Next.

Why does toothpaste need to be sweet...it's not candy you know. And what's "natural" about adding an artificial sweetener to a request for natural toothpaste? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Why does toothpaste need to be sweet...it's not candy you know.

Too much time on your hands? The real question for you to ponder is why you can't see that "can" <> "need to be."

Here ya go: How to Think Logically (2nd Edition) (MyThinkingLab Series)

This has pictures: http://www.wikihow.com/Think-Logically

And what's "natural" about adding an artificial sweetener to a request for natural toothpaste?

Duh. Use Google.com (.com) to locate natural non-caloric sweeteners such as Stevia (sold at Foodland) commonly (if incorrectly, but one must consider the audience) termed "artificial" as they aren't sucrose/glucose/fructose-based.

Next.

Too much time on your hands? The real question for you to ponder is why you can't see that "can" <> "need to be."

And what's "natural" about adding an artificial sweetener to a request for natural toothpaste?

Duh. Use Google.com (.com) to locate natural non-caloric sweeteners such as Stevia (sold at Foodland) commonly (if incorrectly, but one must consider the audience) termed "artificial" as they aren't sucrose/glucose/fructose-based.

Next.

So let see if I've got this straight (as you've explained it): Stevia (which tastes awful to most people so I'd doubt they'd want to taste it 2-3 times a day) is a natural non-caloric artificial sweetener? Got it.

Next.

So let see if I've got this straight (as you've explained it): Stevia (which tastes awful to most people so I'd doubt they'd want to taste it 2-3 times a day) is a artificial natural non-caloric sweetener? Got it.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

So let see if I've got this straight (as you've explained it): Stevia (which tastes awful to most people so I'd doubt they'd want to taste it 2-3 times a day) is a artificial natural non-caloric sweetener? Got it.

Stevia is commonly enjoyed as a sugar substitute even multiple times a day and is commonly but incorrectly, as I noted, termed "artificial" by The Great Unwashed. There are many others, natural and artificial, to which the OP may or may not have any objection.

Nobody cares if you prefer the natural taste of baking soda. Nor I do care if anyone wants to use an artificial (strictly or loosely speaking) sweetener in their DIY toothpaste or not. It IS an option, however, and so is flavoring, as you'd know if you could use Google. (That's http://google.com.)

Further silly bickering on your part may lead to problems w/ the mods. Hope you've enjoyed. smile.png Now why not give some useful, rather than misleading and plain wrong, information in some forum thread for a change?