salt and pepper shakers

ericpasansai

The wife and I are having a dispute over salt and pepper shakers. I say the 4 hole shaker is for salt and the one hole shaker is for pepper. The wife says the 4 hole shaker if for pepper and the one hole shaker is for salt.

Can anybody end this controversy

"The number and size of holes on salt shakers has been observed to influence consumption of salt, within limits, and it has been suggested that proper selection of shakers delivering smaller amounts may be a means to improve diet by reducing sodium consumption. Salt shakers will typically have fewer holes than pepper shakers, however in European countries, pepper shakers will have fewer holes.[12] As an alternative to salt and pepper shakers, pepper may be distributed at the table by use of a pepper grinder, while salt may be distributed from a salt cellar or a salt mill."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_and_pepper_shakers

You should realise by now, women are always right.

Go and say sorry for doubting her. 555

CP49

You're in the tropics with lots of humidity. Keep the holes to one only and put some rice grains in the salt to keep it running smoothly.

Putting salt in the multi hole top just means its going to get damp multi times quicker.

How do you keep the stuff dry?

Mine stays in the original plastic bag wrapped with rubber bands.

+1

Also inhibits tiny ants from taking up residence in them.

Edited by cobra