Get off your high horse, America, we do not need a ride: Thai opinion

webfact

Thailiketoo

Either I am missing the point or you are.

I was responding to a post where a poster was comparing the differences between Thailand & the West re. owning land >"How come Thais can become citizens in western countries, own land, set up and own their businesses while foreigners cannot?"

As I presumed he was not talking about REIT's of investing in a mall,hotel, hospital etc .... but he was referring to buying some land in Thailand which my understanding is not easy to do.

And if farang & every monkey & his dog could buy farm land & build a house in their name then the prices would go up..supply & demand.

So because that is Thailand's land ownership policy...in my opinion the reason is so the prices don't skyrocket out of reach of normal Thai people but maybe other reasons.

I am in agreement with what Thailand does...even though it is not easy for me to buy land ( I am not Thai )

Every monkey and his dog can buy land through a REIT. That was my point. Investors have big bucks and control the price of Thai land. Little monkeys like you and me would not even dent the market.

The policy of no foreign ownership of land for little guys does not effect the market price.

http://www.reitinfo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=69&Itemid=107

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want farang to own land and screw everybody.

I have seen price getting up because Thai just borrowed money to buy cars and house. The trick is like cigarette companies, they enslave people in debt and people pay and pay and pay...

I like the idea that we can not buy land or have nothing, make rent cheap.... Think about it...

My idea of a good society is when people can rely on themselves which is not the case In our western world where people have been trapped by their stupidity of materialism and greedism.

you see guys making 9k bahts a months, bought a 1. 3 million baht vehicle and live in a cheap Thai condo at 3k bahts, then complain because it s hard to live with their low income and loan payment for their car they can not pay!

Edited by bitcoinman

I don't want farang to own land and screw everybody.

I have seen price getting up because Thai just borrowed money to buy cars and house. The trick is like cigarette companies, they enslave people in debt and people pay and pay and pay...

I like the idea that we can not buy land or have nothing, make rent cheap.... Think about it...

My idea of a good society is when people can rely on themselves which is not the case In our western world where people have been trapped by their stupidity of materialism and greedism.

you see guys making 9k bahts a months, bought a 1. 3 million baht vehicle and live in a cheap Thai condo at 3k bahts, then complain because it s hard to live with their low income and loan payment for their car they can not pay!

How would that screw everybody? Or are you getting screwed paying the same for rent you could be paying to own the place for the same amount monthly?

We got all screwed because people who have debt increase their price (market, food, ) to cover their loan. So at the end we all pay in a certain way and every body got problems.

When I buy food at the local market, many told me they increase their price because they have debts because of their car.... At the end, you and I are paying more for their nice Toyota!

As for renting, it s cheaper for farang than owning . if you let farang to buy land, they will take all the land along the sea and the prices will sky rocket the day after . Even a normal farang won't be able to pay. Only the very rich.

Billionaire Chinese guys will probably buy the best places and making Thai people even more miserable.

I agree with the Nothing for farangs'politic , if you don't like it, go home and see if you can buy a house in San Francisco!

Edited by bitcoinman