Cricket International Series & General Chat

With the amount of games they play these days i wonder how much control the medical staff have.

Although i agree if Usman is over his hamstring injury,he's over it.

I wouldn't be to quick to hang Marsh out to dry.

Australia on top in ODI rankings and can regain no 1 spot in the tests coming up.

T 20 is the "3rd" form of the game.

What they say about Australia used to be picked on form is garbage,it was harder to get out of the side than in it.

Khawaja just had to be picked.

As tough as it is, Shaun Marsh or Bailey had to dropped for him.

Shaun Marsh should've never been in the T20 side instead of Usman, that was outrageous.

Marsh has a terrible record in T20 cricket.

I'm not so sure about T20 being 3rd now to be honest. Apart from the WC, I find 50 over cricket

really boring.

I reckon t20 will take over from T50... and in all likelihood also from test matches

India and Media $$ will dictate it all for us

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm watching the New Zealand v Australia one day game..

We are looking at a 350 total for New zealand. 3/191 after 27 overs

Watching here: (no need to sign up as member or download anything)

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/new-zealand-vs-australia-live-streaming

The Aussies still like chasing.

Unless there is collapse, 350 plus which is a huge total.

Was ok chasing at home against India, but I would've liked to get them on the board

in the opener away from home.

How's stat?!

Andrew Samson

BBC Test Match Special statistician

• This was England's highest ODI total against South Africa; 323 was their previous best
• This is the highest total at this ground, surpassing South Africa's 351 in 2010
• This is the first time eight batsmen have hit a a six in an ODI innings

3 down Australia.

Good grief!

Why would Bailey tell Warner not to review that lbw???

Now bailey out and Australia 4 /40

Shaun marsh flop again

George Bailey told David Warner to refer lbw decision against New Zealand

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/george-bailey-told-david-warner-to-refer-lbw-decision-against-new-zealand-20160203-gml7ke.html#ixzz3z9ftqk1Z

Think it's time to see boundaries back as the fence.(put some padding around the bottom to protect players)

It's hard enough for bowling teams on flat tracks produced these days.In SA last night they had the boundary,a space,a boundary of advertising,a space then the real boundary.

Some would say a lot of the sixes cleared the boundary easy,and they did but if the fielder is 15 metres further back it will make the batsman think more.

To flick the ball 63 metres for six is a joke for mens cricket.

We all like to see runs scored for the entertainment side but i wouldn't like to be born into the world as a bowler,talk about being on a hiding to nothing.

Maybe it's also time to do away with field restrictions.Any thoughtstongue.png

West Indies mankad Zimbabwe to enter Quarter-final

West Indies Under-19 entered the quarter-final of the World Cup in controversial and tense circumstances, as Keemo Paul effected a mankad to claim the last Zimbabwe Under-19 wicket - that of Richard Ngarava - with three runs needed off the final over. Paul ran through the bowling crease without entering his delivery stride and broke the stumps, catching the non-striker Ngarava with his bat on the line while he was standing a couple of steps out of his crease.The two on-field umpires conferred before asking West Indies if they wanted to uphold the appeal, and once it was confirmed that they did, the third umpire was called in and found the batsman just on the line, ending Zimbabwe's campaign in a game they had to win to make the quarter-final. The dismissal was within the rules of the game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-under-19-world-cup-2016/content/story/968235.html

Keemo Paul's Mankad and Pettersen and Lee's Solheim Cup row show rules should be rules

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/mankad-and-solheim-cup-rows-show-that-rules-should-be-rules-20160203-gml8s5.html#ixzz3z9h8vI2M

Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Think it's time to see boundaries back as the fence.(put some padding around the bottom to protect players)

It's hard enough for bowling teams on flat tracks produced these days.In SA last night they had the boundary,a space,a boundary of advertising,a space then the real boundary.

Some would say a lot of the sixes cleared the boundary easy,and they did but if the fielder is 15 metres further back it will make the batsman think more.

To flick the ball 63 metres for six is a joke for mens cricket.

We all like to see runs scored for the entertainment side but i wouldn't like to be born into the world as a bowler,talk about being on a hiding to nothing.

Maybe it's also time to do away with field restrictions.Any thoughtstongue.png

From a spectators POV I don't mind it the way they are doing it now

While i feel for the bowlers, as a viewer, i want to see lots of runs, sixes, fours

The situation you mention above is going a bit too far but overall, I'm watching a game to see lots of run scored

West Indies mankad Zimbabwe to enter Quarter-final

West Indies Under-19 entered the quarter-final of the World Cup in controversial and tense circumstances, as Keemo Paul effected a mankad to claim the last Zimbabwe Under-19 wicket - that of Richard Ngarava - with three runs needed off the final over. Paul ran through the bowling crease without entering his delivery stride and broke the stumps, catching the non-striker Ngarava with his bat on the line while he was standing a couple of steps out of his crease.The two on-field umpires conferred before asking West Indies if they wanted to uphold the appeal, and once it was confirmed that they did, the third umpire was called in and found the batsman just on the line, ending Zimbabwe's campaign in a game they had to win to make the quarter-final. The dismissal was within the rules of the game.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-under-19-world-cup-2016/content/story/968235.html

Keemo Paul's Mankad and Pettersen and Lee's Solheim Cup row show rules should be rules

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket/mankad-and-solheim-cup-rows-show-that-rules-should-be-rules-20160203-gml8s5.html#ixzz3z9h8vI2M

Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

It goes against the spirit of the game,maybe a no-ball for batsmen out of the return crease at the bowlers end would put an end to it.