Wierd light

angelsephemera

Low energy lamps, leds etc take more voltage than the old cheap bulbs.

It seems there isn't enough left to light the third 9w lamp......but drop it down to 7w and you are ok.

There are some great energy saving ceiling lights in global for 200bt, they have two 9w bulbs but you only need one they are so bright.

Dump the spots and fit a central light

If the 60W regular lamp lights properly it's unlikely to be volt drop (although worth checking if you have a meter.

I'd be looking at the lampholder, is it actually making proper contact with the 9W lamp? A but of judicious bending (power off at the board) may solve the problem.

Yes the 9W is good.

The light is old and basic so i guess you are right crossy- it may be connection - you are an electrician of some sorts right?

hm i personally prefer the spotlights to a central light but i suspect most people would agree with you eyecatcher, i have debated with myself the lighting arrangement a number of times.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotlights are for accent lighting. A central light fixture is for general lighting.

General lighting without accent ones make the room bland. And accent lighting alone would be too dark in some places.