Tequila, good quality,where to buy in Pattaya area.

Barrafish

I want to buy bottles of good quality tequila in Pattaya. Patron, Don Julio, Herradura, Corralejo, Cabo,4 Amigos, Olmeca etc or even Sauza, Cuervo, not the el Toro, Camino stuff. If anyone out there can help me it would be appreciated. Also it would be nice to know the price and size. Thanks Barrafish

Edited by Barrafish

Never heard of any of that stuff...it's Sierra Gold for me!

There's a high-end liquor store on Central Road between Foodland and Second Road. Also Foodland and Best Market have extensive booze sections so you might try them. Also there's a booze wholesaler next to Best so you could pop-in there. Finally, maybe the liquor department of the Gourmet Market in the basement of Central Beach Mall may have what you're looking for.

There's a high-end liquor store on Central Road between Foodland and Second Road.

LOL. That covers quite a distance.

Going towards Sukhumvit, it's on the left between Big C and Foodland.

OP, you might also take a look at the selection in Villa.

I find Best at the dolphin roundabout have a good wide selection of booze, including tequila, from cheap plonk made in Vietnam to some very good (but expensive) authentic Mexican brands, including a couple of different types of Patron.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks members for your replies. I was in Pattaya from Saturday till yesterday (Monday) and returned to Udon Thani.

For your info, I found these shops sell good tequila and rum.

Best supermarket near dolphin roundabout, Patron teq, Campo Azul teq, Milagro teq, Sierra Antiguo teq, and a good selection of scotch whisky,bourbon and a lot of other brands.

Villa market, 2nd road, Corralejo teq, Sierra antiguo teq.

Central festival just up from Villa on 2nd road, basement has 1800 teq and a good range of whisky, rums and other high end brands.

I did not get to the high end shop between Foodland and 2nd road.

Thanks for your help members,

Barrafish.

• Thanks 1

At the crossroads on Central road. Opposite Tops supermarket. All sorts of alcohol there.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I think that's another branch of Best Supermarket so probably same brands...but you're right, it's their booze only outlet and has allot of stuff and all us residents forget to mention it earlier.

Good to hear the op found what he needs and is now well sloshed for Issan life :)

• 3 years later...
On 7/15/2014 at 1:17 PM, Barrafish said:

has 1800 teq

A note on the 1800,

When I lived in South Texas for all those years ,we considered 1800 to be a very good tequila

When I moved to Mexico, I discovered that 1800 was considered bottom shelf of typically three shelves,so I couldn't believe it, so I tried some top-shelf and they really were far better,

Forget all that salt and lime juice on the back of the wrist/hand,

Can drink the good ones straight up

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Tequila is only ever endured,   it can never be enjoyed.

unless you are missing a few senses  :sick:

That only applies to crappy Tequila or over-indulging in any liquor!  The attached pic is a perfect example of BAD Tequila! This Suntory Tequila is the worst swill on the planet.

suntorytequila.jpg

12 hours ago, YetAnother said:

A note on the 1800,

When I lived in South Texas for all those years ,we considered 1800 to be a very good tequila

When I moved to Mexico, I discovered that 1800 was considered bottom shelf of typically three shelves,so I couldn't believe it, so I tried some top-shelf and they really were far better,

Forget all that salt and lime juice on the back of the wrist/hand,

Can drink the good ones straight up

So friend, what brand of top shelf silver tequila would you recommend that can be purchased in Pattaya?

• 1 month later...
On 30/08/2017 at 8:17 PM, MunkyBoogar said:

I mainly like aged (reposado, anejo,, extra anejo) Agave for sipping and blanco for mixers. Most places carry the bottom of the barrel brands/labels, labels that are not 100% blue agave, or stuff that should not be labeled as Tequila.  Patron is ok if you can not find a different (better) Tequila. Why do I say this? Too many people fell for Patron's marketing campaign because they flooded the clubs and other places with their prduct. There are quite a few Tequilas that taste better than Patron yet costs 50~75% less. 

If you want to enjoy your agave, check for "made from 100% Blue Agave" on the label and the CRT number that indicates that it is a certified Tequila. Better Tequilas are always 100% Blue agave. Only 51% Blue Agave plus other sugars is required to be certified as Tequila but the harvested Blue Agave plant can only be from the Tequila producing region of Mexico. Everything else made with Agave s Mezcal. Tequila is a Mezcal but Mezcal is not a Tequila.   

Here is a pic of GOOD Tequila:

Don Julio Anejo, KAH, Casa Noble, El Charro, Tres Generaciones, Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia, Herradura Suprema, Don Julio Real, Don Julio 1942, Aha Toro Extra Anejo, EL Tesoro Paramisimo, Porfidio Extra Anejo, Frida Kahlo Anejo........

20130913_124040.jpg

Very Nice collection. I applaud your tastes and insights. And, I thank you for sharing. Personally, I find the KAH Silver to have the best bouquet of any Silver and, I have tried dozens. I also feel that, if you want to taste the Agave fruit rather than the oak tannins-tequilla-BLEND, then the Silver alone, affords that opportunity whereas, the Anejo and, even Reposado are a different drink, due to the blending of essences. 

That's not to say that I don't love them, but just that I am promoting the virtues of the Silver that may not have occurred to you. 

Once again. Thank you. 

Nice!

Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia is probably the nicest I have ever tried. I was in a great Tequilla Bar in Mexico city and asked the Owner to line up what he considered to be, six shots of his best Tequilla. After 'Blind-tasting' them all, I chose the Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia. Haven't been able to find it in Pattaya as yet.

My favourite accessible Tequila is probably KAH.

On 10/3/2017 at 1:52 AM, empireboy said:

Nice!

Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia is probably the nicest I have ever tried. I was in a great Tequilla Bar in Mexico city and asked the Owner to line up what he considered to be, six shots of his best Tequilla. After 'Blind-tasting' them all, I chose the Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia. Haven't been able to find it in Pattaya as yet.

My favourite accessible Tequila is probably KAH.

where did you find Kah in Pattaya?