Russian Rented Motorbike Rampage in South Pattaya

webfact

If it wasn't serious, I'd be laughing.....Russians and fast motorbikes do not mix...apart from generally being dreadful drivers, and riders, just add booze and they're anybody's!!

Anyway......I did laugh after all!!

Cried laughing at least.

Edited by silent

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He decided to demonstrate his biking skills to his friends"

The guy is a pro and I bet his mates are still pissing themselves laughing.

They need to make it law that you can't hire a bike unless you have a motorcycle licence.

Or fix up the roads , so there are no pot holes in the city center?

Yes, all the blame rests with the road, of course it does.

• Like 1

They need to make it law that you can't hire a bike unless you have a motorcycle licence.

Great so it's not the fact that the guy is a prize pillock and has no consideration for other road users and pedestrians..it's potholes.

Poor guy, maybe we should get a collection for him to mount a legal action against nasty pattaya administration for not providing him with safe roads to allow him to carry out his hooning.

• Like 1

Its seems to me that the municipality is to be partly blamed for the wide spread disrepair of the roads which result in accidents from people hitting potholes and this idiot is to blame for being just plain stupid. At least he seems remorseful which is probably more than the municipality.

I disagree. If you are a good rider, you adapt your riding to the conditions. You cannot just blame pot holes for excessive speed and being a ****.

Really ? I never realized good riders had X-ray visions and could see all the pot holes

If I do not know the road conditions, I do not speed and show my friends my "riding skills"/ So yes, really.

Thank God it wasn't a Porsche, or it might have blown up and caused true worldwide speculation. Really good skills.

License or not. Experience is the key and anyone with experience would know better than to be riding Super Sport motorcycles in City Limits anywhere around the world without showing off. But to enjoy the real pleasures of these bikes you need open country roads or racing tracks. At 20 years old many of us felt invincible and made stupid decisions, Russian or not.

Yet another young man who cannot handle big sports bike but is stupid enough to rent one anyway. i see so many of the sports bikes tearing away at the lights to get the highest speed possible before hard breaking for the next lights, it is recipe for disaster. Luckily for him he did this straight away and apart from the poor unfortunate with the suspected broken leg no real harm was done and he did not end up under a truck on the Sukhumvit road. The only pain it looks like he will feel is in his wallet.

I will never understand the fascination of renting such bikes in Pattaya or Thailand in general. It is a dangerous place to ride (and drive) and you have to have your wits about you to try and ensure your safety as much as possible, even on a scooter. The roads are bad, the local drivers worse and there is no where you can open up such a bike with any relative safety.

I think they should just stop renting them, if the rental owners want to increase their revenue then buy scooters that have some larger displacement. Sure you can still get into trouble on one of those but they have no where near the performance of a sports bike.

Also, check the license of the individuals,, if they do not have a motorbike license then don't rent to them,, this surely cannot be too difficult to enforce.

make it law, no licence, no rental. Chances are, no bike licence, no bike experience! And looking at the Pattaya One pics, that was a 650, a lot to handle with no experience ... I know, I had one.

I don't think it's about making law.

It's about upholding the law.

There are many laws but there is no deterrent as laws are seldom enforced.

Laws are broken for all.

No licence.

No insurance.

No helmet.

Bald motorcycle tyres.

Unroadworthy machinery.

Untaxed vehicles.

Purchased licences.

Infringements handled unofficially.

The list is endless.

Even the limousine driver who is regularly on the road will not wear the seat belt.

The seat belt dash indicator constantly flashed but the audible alarm had been disconnected.

Does that imply that a man with a license also has brains?

A license would of made a difference? It's the character of a person, not a piece of paper telling me if I'm allowed to drive or not.

Clearly a case of "hole" to blame but Im sure the Thais wont see it that way in this caseat all even though no one has to take the blame, like the slippery roads when buses crash on sharp bends or steep gradients.

Great so it's not the fact that the guy is a prize pillock and has no consideration for other road users and pedestrians..it's potholes.

Poor guy, maybe we should get a collection for him to mount a legal action against nasty pattaya administration for not providing him with safe roads to allow him to carry out his hooning.

Considering the headline, how exactly do you know what the guy is? For all you know just as the headline, storyline is made up as well .

And yes for the 3rd time it is pot hole that made him lose control, Thailand is full of pot holes and countless number of people have accidents or fall off the bikes or wreck the wheels.

yet Another MISLEADING Story title "

Motorbike Rampage in South Pattaya

"

???

Wheres the Rampage??? Im getting sick of these sensationalised Story titles!

No rampage, just a couple of scooters knocked over!

Who writes these titles?

yet Another MISLEADING Story title "

Motorbike Rampage in South Pattaya

"

???

Wheres the Rampage??? Im getting sick of these sensationalised Story titles!

No rampage, just a couple of scooters knocked over!

Who writes these titles?

Pattaya One news team editor

Edited by soihok

Why cant the Police hold the rental shop responsible as well?

The owner of the vehicle is responsible for it.

for example you cant give your car to a person without license or an underaged. It's the duty of the owner to be responsible for who drives it.

but well, this is Thailand.... so this is too much asking.

Some Troll posts criticising Thai Visa have been removed and the posters will be receiving official warnings.

If you have a problem with the text in News Headlines or with reproduced text from a news source please contact that source directly do not troll your comments on here and blame Thai Visa who are obliged to reproduce exactly, news content as it is written.

• Like 1

Its seems to me that the municipality is to be partly blamed for the wide spread disrepair of the roads which result in accidents from people hitting potholes and this idiot is to blame for being just plain stupid. At least he seems remorseful which is probably more than the municipality.

I disagree. If you are a good rider, you adapt your riding to the conditions. You cannot just blame pot holes for excessive speed and being a ****.

I totally agree. That pothole, and many others, should encourage safer riding. Irresponsible speeding on a small soi is really stupid. I have no sympathy for him. More sympathy for the bloke with a possible fracture, and the owners of the damaged vehicles.

Thailand is one of very few countries in the world where you can rent a superbike, the only problem with that is that you don't need a licence or to even know how to ride a motorbike.

Putting a young man who only has experience of smaller bikes on a superbike is a recipie for disaster. It's actually surprising there isn't more carnage than there is.

Don't know much about bikes, do you? From the photos, the wrecked Ninja could be anything from a 250cc to a 650cc, neither which fall into the classification of "super bike". 250-300cc are classified as "quarter liters". A 650cc falls into the class of "half liter". You have to have 1,000cc or better to be considered a "full liter" bike, and at least 1,500 cc to be considered a "super bike". And if you knew anything about Russia, you would know that most bike sold there are 500cc or bigger. Unlike S.E. Asia, they seldom do the "scooter" type of bike, with 250-300cc being considered as "beginner bikes".

Please try to have some knowledge of a subject matter before you expound on it.

From Wikipedia

Superbike racing motorcycles must have four-stroke engines of between 850 cc and 1200 cc for twins, and between 750 cc and 1000 cc for four cylinder machines

Anybody that rides bikes knows you ride to suit the conditions,som num nar.Same Lambagini man.150k on wet roads.