Moving do I have to re registrar or anything

krey

I bought a bike in Chon Buri In january

I got the white plates, insurance, etc

I am moving to Chiang Mai soon for business reasons

I am bringing my Motorbike with me, do I need to do anything before or after I arrive in Chiang Mai

in regards to registration, insurance etc?

Thanks

You will need to go to the Land Office in Nong Hoi across from the Holiday Inn and they will change your location on the green book very helpful there, I had no problem when I changed mine a year ago. It will take a few days to process, I donot remember what the cost was a few hundred baht at most.

I bought my bike in Issan 5 years ago. In 2010 I moved to Naklua and went to Banglamung Police Station to enquire how to do the change. They told me not to bother and save myself the money. Since then I renewed my license and insurance 3 times, and never had a problem... Hope it works out for you.

The only time I ever had to go through something similar was when I wanted to register a bike I had bought from someone else in another province. I had to get the bike re-registered in the new province (with a new number) and then change the owner details after that. For a simple change of address only (on another vehicle I have) - the land office were completely uninterested and told me to go back to the province I first bought and registered the vehicle in. (They haven't heard of online databases yet).

They told me - "no need mister, nobody do dat"

After 10 years of tax and insurance renewals and countless police checkpoints - never ever had anyone ask me a question about that.

• Like 1

If you are not changing the name of the registered owner then there is no need to "register" you bike in Chiang Mai

you can keep the Chonburi plates ? , pay the tax and insurance and drive anywhere in the country.

The number plate will only become a "problem" if you want to sell the bike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many people have told me that I need to reregister my vehicles when I move them or me, to another province. I live in Phuket, my car has Songkla plates on and my bike Bangkok Plates. Although the car is registered to my father-in-law in Nakornsithamarat, the bike is registered to me in Phuket.

I have renewed the tax square and insurance on the car for four years, and bike for two. I have also been pulled over by the rozzers several times while using both (not at the same time). The fact that they are both have out of province plates has never been mentioned, not a single time.

SDM

Edited by SDM0712