GSM phone call Door/Gate opener

cheeryble

http://www.gsm-secure.co.uk/GSM-Gate-Opener.php

http://www.gsm-secure.co.uk/GSM-Gate-Opener.php

We would like to buy one of these in Thailand.....probably online.....to open the doors for a condo building.

Not capable of trying Thai websites, could anyone help?

If that's not possible how does one go about ordering from UK?

What's the detail to get it here ASAP?

Thanks v much!

Do you know that VoIP programs can emulate any phone number? Seems like not so safe at all if it just compares the phone number. Real security systems employ SMS + code.

thankyou,Falang

As a miscreant can just wait for someone to enter anyway I think we're talking a reasonable level of security would be ok.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

OP, without getting too technical, if you are keen on getting a mobile door opener, make sure the device will operate on 3G because 2G (or GSM) is being shut down in Thailand.

hi Kanata that's a concern do you know when no more 2G?

(Even if this could work for a year or two it would probably be worthwhile)

And anyone know how to get round this?

I purchased one from Master Security in Pattaya a few years back. No problem with it at all.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Excellent information Sealbash

Can you give more detail of Master Security and your model as this could be up and running without all the waiting and expense from overseas?

Much appreciated

Ok

so far this:

these are available in Thailand.

Master Security were on the case and nice. They can fit but are in Pattaya I'm in CM.

They suggested I could buy myself too.

So my first concern is about 2G.

I learned today rightly or wrongly at Telewiz it will be phased out in three months.

I don't know if one can just stick a 3G in instead.

BUT

I googled for GSM opener 3g and got a hit there may be many.

This is from the beginning of the rundown:

Product Manual

The GSM-KEY is a wireless gsm remote control switch that connects to the GSM cell phone network.

This device does not come with a SIM card. Please contact your local cell provider and purchase a standard 3G SIM card, and activate it on a pay as you go plan. Please be advised that special SIM cards such as the AT&T GO Phone SIM card's do not work with our devices, as they are not a standard 3G SIM card.

So presume it is available.....but ARE the 3G openers available in Thailand.....and do i need to know more, liek can I buy a specifically 3G SIM?