Arrest warrant for Chakrapob for alleged storing of war weapons

Lite Beer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement today by Jakrapob Penkair of the Free Thai movement https://www.facebook.com/pages/จักรภพ-เพ็ญแข-Jakrapob-Penkair/560398830659767 :

The charges levelled against me today by Thailands illegitimate coup regime reveal, once again, the desperation of the Generals and the Establishment they represent. The false claim that I am behind some kind of armed element is not only a fiction but yet another example of the injudiciousness of the fraudulent Thai junta.

Let me be clear - there is simply no evidence whatsoever to connect me to the juntas seizure of arms and I would challenge them to produce such evidence. Of course, even the seizure of said arms have more than a whiff of suspicion about them. There has been no independent investigation regarding these arms seizures, no chain of evidence has been preserved and the kind of claims the junta are putting forward are so flimsy they would be washed away very quickly when subject to proper cross-examination.

As for any attempt to extradite me on such charges, the junta must know that no government on earth would succumb to their threats and that I would be given full access to any evidence they have concocted and also the platform to challenge such evidence.

For the record, I must state that I have no involvement in any kind of armed struggle.

I believe fully in a political, social and cultural struggle secured in reality by the democratic will of the Thai people. The Generals and their Establishment masters know very well that if the democratic will of the Thai people is expressed, power will be removed from them and returned to more accountable and legal forms.

It's only two days ago our organisation was being dismissed as irrelevant by the junta. Now we face allegations of being behind a regime-concocted "armed struggle" along with attempts to curtail our rights to travel via the revocations of passports. These actions by the junta reveal only one thing - their increasingly obvious insecurity - something which will only grow in the days and weeks to come.

Thats why the only judicial vehicle they could use to expedite their false charges would be through their own military-run courts where due process and the rule of law have long been abolished in favour of despotism. It must be said that any and all cases coming before the military courts exist in the context of a form of jurisprudence that is little more than a theatre of the absurd, such is the lack of any form of legal rights.

At the moment the military and the forces they represent are the only agents engaged in any kind of illegitimate armed struggle against the will of the Thai people. Those who believe in democracy have no need to use force of arms as we are confident that the moment the franchise is returned to Thais the junta will be little more than an historical aberration.

I should add that the revocation of passports by the junta is not only another grotesque repressive act it also turns any Thai citizen who stands against the military regime into political refugees. Such revocations will further expose to the global community that the junta are little more than petulant tyrants operating far beyond the norms of international law.

We ask our supporters to remain steadfast and not be distressed or disheartened by the juntas threats and games. The only action the junta have available to themselves is to attempt to crush the hopes and aspirations of ordinary Thais. Yet, with each turn of the repressive screw, the junta just further seal their own fate and will strengthen your resolve to return sovereignty to the Thai people.

Poor old London Thai. I am lucky enough to live (legally) in Thailand, and if I never see London again - well, I really don't care. You enjoy it while you can, Sunshine.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Statement today by Jakrapob Penkair of the Free Thai movement https://www.facebook.com/pages/จักรภพ-เพ็ญแข-Jakrapob-Penkair/560398830659767 :

The charges levelled against me today by Thailands illegitimate coup regime reveal, once again, the desperation of the Generals and the Establishment they represent. The false claim that I am behind some kind of armed element is not only a fiction but yet another example of the injudiciousness of the fraudulent Thai junta.

Let me be clear - there is simply no evidence whatsoever to connect me to the juntas seizure of arms and I would challenge them to produce such evidence. Of course, even the seizure of said arms have more than a whiff of suspicion about them. There has been no independent investigation regarding these arms seizures, no chain of evidence has been preserved and the kind of claims the junta are putting forward are so flimsy they would be washed away very quickly when subject to proper cross-examination.

As for any attempt to extradite me on such charges, the junta must know that no government on earth would succumb to their threats and that I would be given full access to any evidence they have concocted and also the platform to challenge such evidence.
For the record, I must state that I have no involvement in any kind of armed struggle.

I believe fully in a political, social and cultural struggle secured in reality by the democratic will of the Thai people. The Generals and their Establishment masters know very well that if the democratic will of the Thai people is expressed, power will be removed from them and returned to more accountable and legal forms.

It's only two days ago our organisation was being dismissed as irrelevant by the junta. Now we face allegations of being behind a regime-concocted "armed struggle" along with attempts to curtail our rights to travel via the revocations of passports. These actions by the junta reveal only one thing - their increasingly obvious insecurity - something which will only grow in the days and weeks to come.

Thats why the only judicial vehicle they could use to expedite their false charges would be through their own military-run courts where due process and the rule of law have long been abolished in favour of despotism. It must be said that any and all cases coming before the military courts exist in the context of a form of jurisprudence that is little more than a theatre of the absurd, such is the lack of any form of legal rights.

At the moment the military and the forces they represent are the only agents engaged in any kind of illegitimate armed struggle against the will of the Thai people. Those who believe in democracy have no need to use force of arms as we are confident that the moment the franchise is returned to Thais the junta will be little more than an historical aberration.

I should add that the revocation of passports by the junta is not only another grotesque repressive act it also turns any Thai citizen who stands against the military regime into political refugees. Such revocations will further expose to the global community that the junta are little more than petulant tyrants operating far beyond the norms of international law.

We ask our supporters to remain steadfast and not be distressed or disheartened by the juntas threats and games. The only action the junta have available to themselves is to attempt to crush the hopes and aspirations of ordinary Thais. Yet, with each turn of the repressive screw, the junta just further seal their own fate and will strengthen your resolve to return sovereignty to the Thai people.

Poor old London Thai. I am lucky enough to live (legally) in Thailand, and if I never see London again - well, I really don't care. You enjoy it while you can, Sunshine.

Is londonthai actually giles?

• Like 1

say what?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

yes, I am giles, and I am looking for a paramotor teacher in or around bangkok. thanx

Very simple.

He was being ignored because bigger fish needed frying. But he would be monitored,

because of his tight connections with the current trouble making clique.

Still as long as he shut his mouth he would not be pursued.

He then opened it wide, and now no longer in Cambodia being protected

by Hun Sen, he has left himself vulnerable.

He also is a direct link between Thaksin and the UDD leadership.

A useful potential proof of Thaksin's guilt in several cases.

In the best Thai tradition he could have stayed off shore, clipped coupons,

And been left alone... But he is too much of a 'cadre rouge ' to leave it alone.

All he needed was to have provided money to the gun runners, left email instructions,

Been monitored on cellphone giving orders etc. lots of ways to gather

conspiracy evidence, without him having set foot in country.

You need not be in country to foment insurrection.

You don't need to be in the country to foment insurrection, as has been shown by Thaksin...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Could be... but I doubt it. Giles is probably out in some wine bar with his sycophants and white girl or boy - friends, too busy to be reading Thai Visa. Besides, I think I detect an (entirely praiseworthy) working class element in dear old London Thai that would be missing from that elitist, left-bank, latte-drinking pseudo-intellectual Onanist Giles!

Edited by dru2

Many reactions on this topic today remind me, in minor, thank God, of the general attitude in my home country's intellectual circles, with in front university professors, human rights activists (Amnesty International, ...), NGOs, and socialist party leaders, defending, with teeth and claws, sponsoring, the marvellous experience the peacefull father Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge were bringing to Cambodia in creating a new, just, social, egalitarian society for the happiness of all citizens... Some even resisted, remaining in denial, years after the truth about the killing fields had started to emerge... Intellect is a privilege, it's precious, important, but it should not become obsessive, masking off the perceptions of sheer common sense. And History is full of well mannered, well educated, good looking, sweet talking people, who were in fact despicable personalities, full of evil, hatred and violence, and mostly very vain and self centered. Please try to remember you defended Jakrapop with such stamina, when the truth comes out, and don't hesitate to make your mea culpa in front of us here then...

Intellect as you pertain to does not involve the persons you refer to, of which whom are also nameless in your assertion. Care to mention some/any?

Please, londonthai, NO MORE PROPAGANDA! Don't make me hope the MICT traces you, and you get sent away from this forum too...!

Many reactions on this topic today remind me, in minor, thank God, of the general attitude in my home country's intellectual circles, with in front university professors, human rights activists (Amnesty International, ...), NGOs, and socialist party leaders, defending, with teeth and claws, sponsoring, the marvellous experience the peacefull father Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge were bringing to Cambodia in creating a new, just, social, egalitarian society for the happiness of all citizens... Some even resisted, remaining in denial, years after the truth about the killing fields had started to emerge... Intellect is a privilege, it's precious, important, but it should not become obsessive, masking off the perceptions of sheer common sense. And History is full of well mannered, well educated, good looking, sweet talking people, who were in fact despicable personalities, full of evil, hatred and violence, and mostly very vain and self centered. Please try to remember you defended Jakrapop with such stamina, when the truth comes out, and don't hesitate to make your mea culpa in front of us here then...

please do remember, that thai state did support khmer rouge by political, financial and military means.

http://www.yale.edu/gsp/publications/ThailandResponse.html

Thailand's Response to the Cambodian Genocide

Dr. Puangthong Rungswasdisab, Research Fellow, Cambodian Genocide Program, Yale University

II. Alliance with the Khmer Rouge

III. Doing Business with the Khmer Rouge

please do remember, that thai state did support khmer rouge by political, financial and military means.

http://www.yale.edu/gsp/publications/ThailandResponse.html

Thailand's Response to the Cambodian Genocide

Dr. Puangthong Rungswasdisab, Research Fellow, Cambodian Genocide Program, Yale University

II. Alliance with the Khmer Rouge

III. Doing Business with the Khmer Rouge

Are you Peter Pan, or do you argue like a little boy until you get angry and hit somebody, and then fly off?

• Like 1

<snip - sorry, not buying>

Please, londonthai, NO MORE PROPAGANDA! Don't make me hope the MICT traces you, and you get sent away from this forum too...!

Regardless of londonthai's post (which I don't care for), that a nasty little thought you posted.

People here need some perspective. Wishing other posters ill over something written on an internet forum?

Yikes, what do you do when your neighbor pisses you off?

This human being was a founding member of the UDD and has spent more time in exile dodging accountability than most UDD members put together. Cambodia and now Hong Kong (apparently). His resume makes Ted Bundy look like a Sunday school teacher with his "Red SIam" splinter group promoting violence and mayhem. As a founding member of the UDD he certainly led by example.

I'm no particular fan of Jakrapob but when was Red Siam ever involved in "violence and mayhem"? Surachai actually pulled his group out of the 2010 protests early on - before there was any violence - because he said he knew it'd end up in chaos. Also the Red Siam stages only got at most two thousand people, most of them grassroots types, a few radical students and old communists who knew Surachai. Also the singer Tom Dundee who also got arrested for LM was involved. Reason they were controversial was the association with leftism and their anti-LM sentiment, nothing to do with violence.

So, who is behind these hardcore groups that have attacked the PDRC? Although I think some of them may be more "organic" local groups (though no doubt with links to police & politics on at least a local level), much of the violence from the red side in 2010 was organized by retired generals associated with Thaksin. Some were called in by the junta for questioning: Gen Panlop, Gen Pruen Suwannathat etc. And at least one of the generals involved in 2010 was still believed to be playing a co-ordinating role this year. That's the direction to look towards.

In any case, it's got nothing to do with Jakrapob and if you believe this stuff about him "stockpiling war weapons" then... *speechless* ... I mean, seriously? Just a few days after he's started this Seri Thai Movement and they realize that's no other way to bring him back, I mean how convenient that these investigations should just... but nevertheless you still give it credence?

(Edit: After rereading the part about Ted Bundy, I realize your post might've been intended sarcastically. Not sure but apologies if it was supposed to be a joke).

if you believe this stuff about him "stockpiling war weapons" then... *speechless* ... I mean, seriously? Just a few days after he's started this Seri Thai Movement and they realize that's no other way to bring him back, I mean how convenient that these investigations should just..

you are mistaken, now the PTP is not in charge any more, there is more credibility now

surely, they are very strong political arguments you are rolling out

Fed up with Taksin, Jakrapob, etc forcing their will on the Thai people. The coup is not right but someone has to step in and bring things back to normal. Betime abuses of power were investigated and those responsible brought to justice. There is no way Taksin and co can have their way and run Thailand like its their own personal property. When will these people realise they can never win?

What exactly are war weapons ? bullets, guns, handgrenades military issue ? we simply do not know.

It is highly suspect that only now have the Junta come out and "found" evidence linking the guy to "war weapons"

Nor am I aware of possession of arms a universal crime, it just sounds like sour grape desperation to get their hands on the opposition yet again.

BTW the guy does look like kermit the frog nor do I care about the man but fairs fair, fabricated or "found " evidence isnt hard in ones absence. I think anyone would be highly sceptical as to the legitimacy of so called evidence nor will we see any of it shown in public i bet.